Author Topic: JOHN GRIMM  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
JOHN GRIMM
« on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »
John Grimm was a good man, husband and father.  He worked hard everyday and is missed dearly everyday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
JOHN GRIMM
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »
Somebody posted here pretty extensively about a major relapse for John - not to speak ill of the dead, I thought he was a great guy.

He used to show up at the house on Clague road where I stayed as a newcomer. He was a big, gentle giant and he always had his 6 pack of 'diets' - he'd drink all of them in an evening. He drove a little old triumph spitfire sportscar, I think.

It seemed sad when he and his wife and baby moved to Ft. Lauderdale. He seemed to be on Seed probation, and they would always sit on a blanket off to the side at the beach on weekends when everyone else would play ball. Shunned.

But what do I know.

w
ally Gator

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
JOHN GRIMM
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
John Grimm was my oldcomer, a great guy - made me feel like things could work out.  I looked to him as an example of what I could become if I stayed at it.  He was definitely what I think of as the ideal the seed was shooting for, and I hope I am as well remembered.

G

Offline soflajb

• View Profile
JOHN GRIMM
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »
I knew John very well in Cleveland but did not know of his death - what happened, when, etc.?  

this is truly sad news - i always felt extremely at ease around him - as someone said above he was a gentle giant - we all still hung out for a few years after the Seed left Cleveland - i lost contact with him & Beth(?) after they had their child - they were living in this real small house in Cleveland.

[ This Message was edited by: soflajb on 2006-05-07 18:38 ][ This Message was edited by: soflajb on 2006-05-08 12:37 ]

Offline soflajb

• View Profile
JOHN GRIMM
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
ttt

does anyone know any details about this?  this might be old, news i dont know, but I really would like to know what happened, John was definitely a positive influence in my young life at that time, and although I havent seen him in over 20 years i still feel a certain emptiness knowing he is gone - truly one of the good guys in this world when i knew him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
JOHN GRIMM
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 07:49:00 AM »
Details are that John continued to be a great loving man. He had a positive affect on many people.  Every where he went he talked to people and made them feel like special human beings no matter who they were.  Many people miss him and will continue to miss him.  His funeral was totally amazing, people came from all over.  People flew in from Canada, New York, and Florida.  There were people that came from local gas stations and grocery stores.  His life left a great impact on many people and will continue to do so.  We never imagined so many would have turned out, but they did.  John loved people and people loved John.  He was a great man and a friend to many.  John had a magnet personality ::dove::