Author Topic: Rats are scurrying....  (Read 30011 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
On 2006-05-30 04:09:00, SHH wrote:

"Assuming some staff dont have all their credentials listed on the website, how do we REALLY know she isnt qualified? I think the only staff with credentials listed on the website are counselors and teachers and upper management. Maybe she has CPR training...maybe she was a nurse's assistant at a previous employer. Does anybody REALLY know? I know Robert THINKS he knows based on what the website says. But does anybody know for sure? "

Exactly,  Why does he avoid trying to understand the facts
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »
RobertBruce wrote:  I didnt jump to any concluscions. I proved that an unqualified person was dispensing meds.
Actually it was an anon post,

It has been confirmed that Tracey Kimbrell, the school nurse LPN was fired last Friday..Maybe
parents should look into who is going to be distributing the 'correct' psychotropic drugs to your children.

here is a link
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?So ... 1&start=30

RobertBruce wrote:  I provided the regs which determine who is qualified to dispense meds.
UHmmm, Okay , again, that was someone else, Deborah provided that information Take a look:

Update:
Georgia
Education Rule 160-4-8-.01 (2000) requires each school system to develop a Student Services Plan that provides guidelines for its various components including school health services. The state's School Health Nurse Resource Manual provides suggested models for each school system to implement the rule. Each model includes administration of medication as a school nurse function.

Here is a link.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?So ... &start=104

RobertBruce wrote:  I explained how the students were in danger, I evn eshot down your comparrison between public schools in similar situations and pharmacies.
Here is where the facts lead us:

Conclusion: The expectations of the state is to have a Nurse manage the dispensing of all medication in a school setting in the State of Georgia.

So When HLA lost their Nurse they fell below expectations outlined by the state of Georgia and I agree this is something the parents should be made aware of.

Also when placed in perspective HLA was providing better services than 75% (exceeding expectations) of the school districts (based on the 2000 study) in the state of Georgia and then joined the 75% (majority) population when they lost their Nurse and the duties were off loaded to a secretary. So they are in line with the rest of Georgia schools.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?So ... &start=118

Okay so lets see what you have really contributed over the past several pages.  I will use your own words:

RobertBruce Wrote:  Jumping through all my hoops, biting every time I baited you?.

This exposes your immaturity.

You added absolutely no value to the conversation except to try to avoid the facts and attempt to deflect the topic onto something else.  If you really are in a graduate program at some point you will be asked to defend your position or a paper you have written by your professors and if you try baiting them or avoiding the facts (like you stated that you do here) you will fail miserably.  If you find this does work you should check to see if your school is accredited.

There are many of us here who are interested in the truth and providing credible information and if your previous 1,000+ posts are in any way like the past several pages then you have done yourself, fornits and the kids a great disservice.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »
You are disgusting..THis is the problem with Fornits, when garbage like you is allowed to
fornicate on this web site...It undermines everything which is good ...

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »
Wow.  Go away for a few days and look what happens.

I think there are some salient points being missed here.  HLA is not a "school," as it claims to the state of Georgia.  It is a watered-down psychiatric facility that is improperly labeled as a "school" and which does not comply with state regulations for either a school or an RTC.

Since they deal with psychiatric cases (they claim that the vast majority of their attendees are diagnosed with ODD, although there are severely disturbed patients there as well), it is wrong and unethical not to have a full-time medical staff, wheteher or not it is against the law - it doesn't pass the smell test.

Many of these kids are on several medications that need to be monitored, yet there is nobody there doing it because they fired the nurse for economic reasons, not poor performance.  So, by their own choice, Who, they decided not to have a nurse there.  This is not a vacated position that is going to be back-filled.  HLA has made a policy decision to have no medical staff at a facility where there are severely disturbed kids and the vast majority of their population is on meds.

This is a disturbing set of circumstances and one which should be rigorously questioned by the parents of the patients.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
Who, how did you form this conclusion:

"Also when placed in perspective HLA was providing better services than 75% (exceeding expectations) of the school districts (based on the 2000 study) in the state of Georgia and then joined the 75% (majority) population when they lost their Nurse and the duties were off loaded to a secretary. So they are in line with the rest of Georgia schools."

This is 2006, post legislation. Are you saying that 75% of districts currently have no nurses?
I couldn't find anything to support that.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »
On 2006-05-30 08:41:00, Deborah wrote:

"

Who, how did you form this conclusion:

"Also when placed in perspective HLA was providing better services than 75% (exceeding expectations) of the school districts (based on the 2000 study) in the state of Georgia and then joined the 75% (majority) population when they lost their Nurse and the duties were off loaded to a secretary. So they are in line with the rest of Georgia schools."

This is 2006, post legislation. Are you saying that 75% of districts currently have no nurses?

I couldn't find anything to support that.

"

Yeah, I guess that is a little confusing.  I read the report as stating that 75% of the nurses delegated their responsibilities of dispensing meds to unqualified people , secretaries etc.  When HLA had a nurse I am lead to believe that she was handing out the meds so HLA was exceeding expectations or doing better than 75% of the other schools.

When HLA lost their nurse then the responsibilities went to a unqualified person which now falls into the 75% population  (as compared to the 2000 study).

I am not sure what the 2006 stats are, but, no, I am not saying that ?75% of districts currently have no nurses?

I think HLA needs to get a nurse in place ASAP !  Especially if they are located in a remote area.

Offline SHH

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
I think they should have a nurse too, however, I lived there where the school is for 4 years, and town wasnt all that far away. The hospital is 10 miles away, they have a helicopter, and the Army Rangers have one too and they are about 2 miles away. It is remote if you have to walk somewhere, but its a 10 min drive to town where the hospital is. That being said, I think every school should have a nurse, public, private, etc.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »
When HLA lost their nurse...

Let me reiterate:  HLA fired their nurse.  She wasn't lost.

They should have had a replacement in place before they let her go.  Having no nurse there is grossly negligent - a fact that will be sadly illustrated when someone gets hurt or worse.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »
On 2006-05-30 10:58:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"

When HLA lost their nurse...

Let me reiterate:  HLA fired their nurse.  She wasn't lost.

They should have had a replacement in place before they let her go.  Having no nurse there is grossly negligent - a fact that will be sadly illustrated when someone gets hurt or worse.
"

I don?t think it matters, either way there is a void.  If the school feels there is a need the void will be filled ASAP,  the situation is far from grossly negligent, it happens everyday throughout the country.  There are no schools or companies that are immune.

The point of whether she was fired, let go, laid off, quit, resigned or gave notice is mute.  The question now is how to back-fill and define a process the covers the kids in case of an emergency.  The school has probably been advised and have something in place.  If I had a child there I would call and find out what is in place short term.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »
It should and does matter that she was fired.

One, they knew in advance that there would be no nurse on the premises.

Two, they should have had a competent professional in place for the "interim."

You don't think it's negligent not to have medical personnel on a campus where in the past they have had suicide attempts, forcible rape/sodomy, assaults and other traumas, not to mention that the vast majority of the students are on cocktails of serious psychotropic and other medications that if mixed could cause death?  

If you do indeed view this as "not negligent" then you have a serious defecit in your ability to reason.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »
Maybe they had no choice and she had to go immediately.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »
See, you're guessing.  I'm not.  That's the problem with a lot of what you say.

I guess you haven't even read the other threads.  

She was let go to save money.  This is the same reason why there are no doctor visits on campus any longer.  The same reason why there is no dentist, even though the facilities for dental exams are right there on campus.

When you get into discussions about which you don't even know the basics you erode your own credibility and do a disservice to people who actually need real information.  All you have done is speculate while others have access to the real information about which you only can provide raw speculation.

I'll give you credit for one thing though.  At least this time while you were making the excuse for the facility you said "maybe."  That's a step up from your usual practice of just fabricating all the details and then presenting them as if they had some bearing on reality.  Good job.

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-05-30 14:06 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
On 2006-05-30 13:58:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"See, you're guessing.  I'm not.  That's the problem with a lot of what you say.

I guess you haven't even read the other threads.  

She was let go to save money.  This is the same reason why there are no doctor visits on campus any longer.  The same reason why there is no dentist, even though the facilities for dental exams are right there on campus.

"
No we are both guessing.  That information is not going to be given out to even their own staff let alone someone on fornits.  There may be some rumors that leak out but the reason is kept behind closed doors.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »
No we are both guessing.  That information is not going to be given out to even their own staff let alone someone on fornits.  There may be some rumors that leak out but the reason is kept behind closed doors."

Once again, you're totally wrong.  I have people still employed there that I am friendly with, one of whom has everything to do with hiring/firing.  I'm not guessing.  Not only am I not guessing, I reviewed a copy of the email instructing HR to fire her that was accidentally sent to the nurse when the boss hit "reply all" instead of "reply" in his email application.  

Again, Who, you're completely wrong.  And maybe you're most wrong when you say "all businesses" or "acepted business practice," etc when HLA bears little resemblence to a professional workplace and has management and ownership with the tact, skill and professionalism of cavemen.  

Stick to what you know, Who.  Go do a customer satisfaction survey in your call center.  You don't know a damn thing about HLA and every time you open your mouth you prove it yet again.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »
Once again, you're totally wrong. I have people still employed there that I am friendly with, one of whom has everything to do with hiring/firing. I'm not guessing. Not only am I not guessing, I reviewed a copy of the email instructing HR to fire her that was accidentally sent to the nurse when the boss hit "reply all" instead of "reply" in his email application.

Are you kidding!!!  You have friends on the inside {who know everything) and they conveniently hit the ?Reply all button? (by accident) on the issue that I happen to challenge you on, wow, DJ you do go to extremes to win an argument.  Not only does this not pass the smell test (as you say), but the Nurse got a copy before she was fired ,LOL, this is beautiful (you should at least change your story to laid off , this is what they call it when they reduce staff to cut costs).   I think you took this from an old SNL sketch.  Lets see Dan akroyd played the HR person and the Nurse was Roseanne Rosanadana and John Belushi was the one who pushed the big red ?Reply all? button and then says ?why do we keep such an email trail when we are corrupt and trying to hide our expenses??...  Oh, but they didn?t have email back then, darn so I guess your story is original.

I gave you a chance to edit your post before responding just to be fair, jeeeese DJ that?s embarrassing.  They just have to be falling out of their chairs laughing over at HLA.
At least pick an issue that is worth the ridicule.

Lets leave it at ?We both don?t know ?.  If others buy your story you get a leg up.  You do get points for originality.

[ This Message was edited by: TheWho on 2006-05-30 16:27 ]