Author Topic: why there not proof of abuse  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
why there not proof of abuse
« on: April 23, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
because these faciliites are not regualted Child Protective Services in states with a disppraportionate number of facilities have policies that prevent them from going in and investigating these places.... there are a lot of stipulations that make abuse difficult to prove and investigations to actually take place
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 03:44:00 AM »
I have proof of abuse.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »
On 2006-04-23 15:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"because these faciliites are not regualted Child Protective Services in states with a disppraportionate number of facilities have policies that prevent them from going in and investigating these places.... there are a lot of stipulations that make abuse difficult to prove and investigations to actually take place"

I'm sorry to contradict you, but this is a myth. Federal law allows investigation of all reports of child abuse, in any setting. In most states, it's not only allowed, but required. In Montana, for instance, every single abuse allegation must be investigated.

What is not allowed is giving agencies carte blanche to stroll into any facility and start searching or interviewing without any report of abuse (probable cause). That's to prevent harrassment.

Most states have their administrative rules on a website, so you can check this for accuracy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
Anon,

I beg to differ. My experience has been that when I called the Tompson Falls area CPS they did not investigate. The woman was indifferent to my pleas on behalf of the kids put into their hobbit, being inadequetingly fed, lack of federal and state mandated education. etc.

Yhe American Embassy too was indifferent to my pleas on behalf of the children at Treasure Beach school. In fact the American employee @ the embassy down right lied.

I wish it wasnt true but it IS true. Stop believing those that lie for money and go with your instincts.

The people who have the responsibility to keep our kids safe have dropped the ball. As well they have probably been bought and paid for. From my personal experiences.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 07:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-23 15:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"because these faciliites are not regualted Child Protective Services in states with a disppraportionate number of facilities have policies that prevent them from going in and investigating these places.... there are a lot of stipulations that make abuse difficult to prove and investigations to actually take place"

I'm sorry to contradict you, but this is a myth. Federal law allows investigation of all reports of child abuse, in any setting. In most states, it's not only allowed, but required. In Montana, for instance, every single abuse allegation must be investigated.

What is not allowed is giving agencies carte blanche to stroll into any facility and start searching or interviewing without any report of abuse (probable cause). That's to prevent harrassment.

Most states have their administrative rules on a website, so you can check this for accuracy."

this was not what the CPS supervisor told me when I called CPS in MT... I filed a report, it's there doing nothing but gathering dust apparently.  Like I said, they DO NOT check for abuse at unregualted facilities unless certain stipulations are met, like the person filing a report knows who is there now and have specifics on what is happening now, sadly not just what happened to them.   Call CPS and ask for yourself, I was really shocked by this actually.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »
If you have proof I'd like to see it.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
"Direct" proof is almost impossible. All we have are affidavits, testimony, et cetera.

Someone needs to infiltrate with a concealed video camera. They make them damn small today.