Author Topic: I am writing a book. Nope, its not about AARC...  (Read 1451 times)

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
I am writing a book. Nope, its not about AARC...
« on: December 23, 2002, 12:54:00 AM »
Just to introduce myself, I am a neutral party in the war about AARC.  After spending 4 1/2 years in KIDS on 1st phase (most of it), I am not a neutral party regarding the KIDS programs.

I miss ALL of my Canadian friends and would love to hear from any & all of them.  I have spent over 12 years since signing out (yep, I signed out) of KIDS learning & studying the dynamics and effects of cults & high demand groups.  Moreso, I have done much reflecting on my life & experiences before, during and after KIDS.  

::drummer::

Interestingly enough, a good amount of their lyrics are centered around a Russian author who lived under dictatorship.  Her name was Ayn Rand and her philosophy was & is called Objectivism.  Some of her most influential works like "The Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged" provide the groundwork for many songs that surround the concepts of "Think for yourself" "Freewill" "Selfishness as a virtue" and countless others.

Many people have inquired over the years that their music is great, but, "What are they singing about?"  I want to try to answer that with my opinions and experiences with how I have been constantly inspired by the positive messages in their music. (No, not the one in A Passage to Bangkok) ::rocker:: Nor is this book about endorsing anyone to get high, fighting "A War on Drugs" or a mud throwing contest.  I will relate the facts about my experiences and my feelings & thoughts around them.  If someone is embarrased that they had me restrained for 8 hours or starved or beaten for non-compliance, then they shouldn't have done it.  That is not slanderous.  It is known as the Freedom of Speech.  Without it, all freedom is lost to a totalitarian leader.

If anyone would like to contribute anything, or would like to contact me, please do so on http://www.kidsofnorthjersey.com or e-mail me privately at [email protected]

Best of luck to all!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 03:12:00 PM »
::puke::

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 07:45:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: ramprato on 2002-12-23 16:59 ]