Author Topic: Advertising campaign...  (Read 4024 times)

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
A thought has occurred to me.
It is possible that the general public simply still don't know enough about what's going on inside these places. An idea has been suggested to me for an advertising campaign, we can use local stations etc to put out short (30 seconds or so) with footage like Randall Hinton desribing pepper spraying a child with a captions to say "this man is a WWasps employee and the principal of White Rivers Acadamy

or we get a shot of Wayne Winder with a voice over:
"This man is Wayne Winder, He's a WWasps empolyee and the principal of Majestic Ranch in Utah. In Nevada he was convicted of Child abuse, assault and sexual assault. He's no longer allowed near children. Don't let him near yours"

What do you all think of this idea, who would be willing to help and how could we put together the funding to make it work?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »
Maybe we could ask stations to play the 30 second commercial for free since it aims to stop child abuse????  Even if only 10% go for it, it lowers the overall cost.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »
I suppose that would be a start.
We still need to get them made and that costs money.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
People pay for professional voiceovers, but you could do it yourself.  Anyone handy with computer editing?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »
On 2006-04-15 08:36:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"A thought has occurred to me.

It is possible that the general public simply still don't know enough about what's going on inside these places. An idea has been suggested to me for an advertising campaign, we can use local stations etc to put out short (30 seconds or so) with footage like Randall Hinton desribing pepper spraying a child with a captions to say "this man is a WWasps employee and the principal of White Rivers Acadamy

"This man is Wayne Winder, He's a WWasps empolyee and the principal of Majestic Ranch in Utah. In Nevada he was convicted of Child abuse, assault and sexual assault. He's no longer allowed near children. Don't let him near yours"

What do you all think of this idea, who would be willing to help and how could we put together the funding to make it work?

"

Makes as much sense as taking out ads that attack the AFL-CIO because you're mad at a car salesman. Think structure here, MA.

One program is not every other. Your assumptions weaken every idea you bring up: every person who has ever benefitted in any way from any program can immediately disprove what you say, because you speak in absolutes.

One is not every other; you can't change reality for the sake of sensationalism. People aren't that dumb. Acting as though they are just insults intelligent listeners who might otherwise help you.

Offline 69

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »
On 2006-04-15 08:36:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"A thought has occurred to me.

"

I think it's a great idea. The more you show these child-abusers for what they are, the better. They think they can abuse kids in the shadows, time to bring some light.

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »
So the question is, does anyone have any idea where to go for funding?

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »
Ophra is claiming to be anti child sexual predator abuser.Ask her to fund any efforts to keep sicko perverts away from kids etc.

She and her staff should be familiar with WWASP by now.

Lets see if she "walks the talk"......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »
Everyone here has the ability to start their own web site or blog. Create unique content and upload it to your site and post links every chance you get. One of WWASPS biggest marketing tools is the internet. We need to compete where they do.

Blogger: Create your Blog Now -- FREE
http://www.blogger.com/

WordPress.com ยป Get a Free Blog Here
http://wordpress.com/

Bravenet.com - Free websites, guestbook, forum, counter ...
http://www.bravenet.com/

Brinkster free Web Hosting
http://www.brinkster.com/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »
That's a great idea. The greater the number of hits and links we can generate the further up Google we'll be pushed. Let's try or that. In the mean time, Oprah is a good bet. Does anyone have any idea what the odds of getting suppord from the CLDS would be, I mean those guys do not like bad publicity?

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »
This is a topic I've raised before and it's never really gotten anywhere. Personally I think ISAC or Fornits are really the places that the money ought to be going. I'm already in touch with Shelby over at ISAC over funding.
Should I consider approaching CAICA or Parentsadvocates.org for assistance too?

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »
Thanks very much waygookin. It's really encouraging to get this sort of reaction. I'll let you know what the best way to make a donation is. I don't have much in the way of resources myself, but those I have are comitted to this.
I'll let you know how to make a donation as soon as I'm set up to get this done.
Who do we know that's got a certain amount of skill with video editing etc?

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »
As a side note, would you mind filling me in on the issues with CAICA?
email me [email protected]

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »
Seems to me if the author of HELP AT ANY COST could get on Oprah and promote her book, that would get things rolling?

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
Already in touch with the Oprah production people.
Still need more suggestions or offers to get this one off the ground.

Billy Joel.