Author Topic: son in WWASP program  (Read 21543 times)

Offline emaree

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »
not to mention the therapists break confidentiality to the family reps and parents, even on issues like rape and molestation, when the student's trust/faith in people will be shattered most. they should have whatever licenses they have stripped and pissed on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
----

\"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. They should say evil prevails.\"
Lord Of War

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »
On 2006-04-24 16:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-24 14:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-23 23:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
At the same time, public masturbation would probably mean calling in a therapist--either the kids' regular therapist or the staff psychologist.

Don't the parents already pay for the kids to be receiving treatment? So they only get to see a therapist of psychologist if they are doing something really weird or what? Shouldn't all the kids have access to proper treatment, or only the ones who masturbate in public?"

Kids can see a therapist any time they want. That's in addition to regular visits. "

There is a difference between saying "kids can see a therapist" and actually offering them real help.  In programs, therapists are program employees who allow the parents to tell the intake employees what the child's issues are, sometimes even before they meet the child.  So if the child and parent have conflict, they have a "disrespect to parents" issue.  The therapist determines when the child will "graduate the program", and we've determined through other posts that this doesn't mean anything or have any predetermined, specific qualifications.  The therapists are WWASP whores who will do what they are told by administration.  They do not advocate for the best interests of the patients in their care.  Having access to additional therapy sessions is completely pointless and just serves as another way to plump up the monthly bills."

Anyone going to a mental health professional is accompanied by past records of treatment. And at most quality programs, issues are spoken of openly because it supports the principle that our issues don't own or define us. They're no longer threatening when they're out in the light of day.

This is an important issue, with special implications for victims of abuse or molestation. If you were raped as a child, confidentiality is your right, but being absolutely open about it demonstrates that A. you have no reason to feel shame about it and B. you are no longer threatened by it.

If you did something shameful, bringing it into the open in a healthy way allows you to A. identify the reasons you acted as you did and B. move past it and choose something different next time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
Anyone going to a mental health professional is accompanied by past records of treatment. And at most quality programs, issues are spoken of openly because it supports the principle that our issues don't own or define us. They're no longer threatening when they're out in the light of day.

This is an important issue, with special implications for victims of abuse or molestation. If you were raped as a child, confidentiality is your right, but being absolutely open about it demonstrates that A. you have no reason to feel shame about it and B. you are no longer threatened by it.

If you did something shameful, bringing it into the open in a healthy way allows you to A. identify the reasons you acted as you did and B. move past it and choose something different next time. "

It is one thing to be able to share with people you care about, and another thing entirely to be embarrassed and forced to say things to people you don't want to share with.  I saw my therapist call people out in group and say private things to the whole group, things shared in individual therapy that the person didn't want shared.  That is just humiliation, violation of confidentiality, and abuse- the hallmarks of a WWASP program.  Let's not pretend that anything real goes on during therapist/teen interactions.  It's a game everyone must play to "graduate".

I know plenty of kids who didn't see a prior mental health professional before WWASP.  People aren't required to try therapy first, because the low-wage intake coordinators don't really care if WWASP is a last resort or a first intervention, as long as the checks keep clearing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »
"This is an important issue, with special implications for victims of abuse or molestation. If you were raped as a child, confidentiality is your right, but being absolutely open about it demonstrates that A. you have no reason to feel shame about it and B. you are no longer threatened by it."

I was abused as a child and felt horrible about the way it was handled at WWASP.  Sadly, the abuse I experienced at WWASP was worse then what happened to me as a kid.  I could not trust my therapist because I knew they report everything home and would be the one to say when I could taste freedom again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
During my second Discovery seminar, there was a girl who told everyone she had been molested as a child, by her uncle. One of the exercises during that seminar was for a group to 'confront' that girl, and simulate the rape all over again for her. They got all around her and started screaming things like 'its your fault you got raped', 'why did you let it happen', 'why did you want to be raped', and very mean and forceful statements like that. The girl started to lose her emotional composure and eventually became a sobbing mess. All part of the tear 'em down, build 'em up philosophy.

WWASPIES talking about therapy? Please.  ::noway::

Offline 69

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »
Last post was mine, forgot to sign in.

. I could not trust my therapist because I knew they report everything home and would be the one to say when I could taste freedom again.

It was the exact same situation with me. It didn't take long to realize my 'therapist' (which my dad had to pay extra for and whom I saw once a week for 20 mins) told my family rep everything I told her. Confidentiality has NO meaning at SCL whatsoever. It's almost as if they live in an ethical vacuum at SCL.

Therapy is meaningless in an abusive, coercive, traumatizing, stressful, suicide-inducing environment that is SCL.

I don't think that a drug that creates euphoria in patients with terminal diseases is having an adverse effect.
--San Francisco oncologist & AIDS doctor, Donald Abrams, M.D.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
I was really upset when I was similarly "attacked" after revealing that I was abused.  That's been done to several girls during seminars and they've all said they were terrified.  They went along with it and didn't complain even though they were traumatized because of course you have to graduate the seminars to move up in levels and go home.  

What kind of sicko is Gilcrease to say, oooh, wait, I'll play a rapist and attack the girls who've been raped and molested?  They can try to fight me off in the dark while I shove and grope at them.

Offline 69

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »
Anyone going to a mental health professional is accompanied by past records of treatment. And at most quality programs, issues are spoken of openly because it supports the principle that our issues don't own or define us. They're no longerthreatening when they're out in the light of day.

If you did something shameful, bringing it into the open in a healthy way allows you to A. identify the reasons you acted as you did and B. move past it and choose something different next time.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/4610.html
http://www.apa.org/topics/rights/#confidentiality
http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/Pa-S ... ality.html
http://www.healthyminds.org/patientsbillofrights.cfm
http://www.dukehealth.org/Privacy/Patie ... dentiality
http://web.mit.edu/medical/student/mh/c ... ality.html

http://www.teenliberty.org/ACAPN.htm

How can anyone claim SCL is a therapeutic and professional environment if they don't follow even the most basic ethical standards set forth by mental health and medical professionals?

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is
proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in
everlasting ignorance- that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
--Herbert Spencer

[ This Message was edited by: Exit Plan on 2006-04-24 18:02 ]

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »
REENACT A RAPE IN A GROUP SESSION? I mean, please say your shittin me. Thats not therapy, its macbre perversity. Do these people actually have a license? No, I'm not talking about the type of thing a five year old pulls out of a crackerjack box.
 Mental health professionals consider  this type of treatment to be crazy, along with alien abduction therapy, Facilitated Communication, and hundreds of other bizarre notions disguarded decades ago. It is heartbreaking that anyone would have to go through this degradation.

Offline Sentinel

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »
are u lurking wwasp dad?

please tell us whats going on.....
its fun to obey the machine\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »
Not joking about the reenactment.  Girls have said that Gilcrease has also shouted out things like, "You're a slut, fight him off, he's raping you again", etc. during the simulated attack, which feels incredibly real to real victims.

Offline emaree

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2006, 03:01:00 AM »
In seminars we would take duct-taped towels (so they were like flexible clubs) and beat them on the ground. We were supposed to imagine destroying photographs of our parents, then all the people who have hurt us, then ourselves. In between the three sessions, they would play an emotional song and have you "rest." The session where you beat the images of yourself up is the longest. It is a very long process and the entire time, the staffers walk around and scream things like

"WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU?! HOW MANY TIMES DID THEY CALL YOU WORTHLESS!?! YOU WERE SO ASHAMED!!!"

At least two or three kids every training were treated for gashes on their knuckles from beating the towels on the ground so hard, or for asthma/anxiety attacks. They repeatedly have to clean the carpet in the seminar building because of blood spatter. This was at SCL anyway.

Then of course they would build you back up with that rebirthing shit, or as they called it, your "magical child."

seminars were fucked up.
----

\"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. They should say evil prevails.\"
Lord Of War

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
I didn't pass "accountability" three times.  I was sent to a WWASPS facility because I was skipping school and they told my parents that this was a great boarding school where I could catch up at school and learn another culture and language.  

Before seminars we would talk about what we were going to say at them.  Many kids made up things so that they looked like they were buying into the program.  I refused to make up a story.  Everytime Gilcrease asked me why I was there I would answer him honestly and say that I was screwing up at school and smoking pot.  Pretty normal for a 16 year old.  They kept asking me "why are you really here?  where you molested as a child, etc."

I refused to lie and it made my progress in the program stand still.  I was on level 4 challenge for 4 months which is where you have all the duties of this level and no benefits.

My parents knew me well enough that when I told them this situation they questioned everyone and came and got me!

Offline 001010

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »
On 2006-04-25 00:01:00, emaree wrote:

"In seminars we would take duct-taped towels (so they were like flexible clubs) and beat them on the ground. We were supposed to imagine destroying photographs of our parents, then all the people who have hurt us, then ourselves. In between the three sessions, they would play an emotional song and have you "rest." The session where you beat the images of yourself up is the longest. It is a very long process and the entire time, the staffers walk around and scream things like

"WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU?! HOW MANY TIMES DID THEY CALL YOU WORTHLESS!?! YOU WERE SO ASHAMED!!!"

At least two or three kids every training were treated for gashes on their knuckles from beating the towels on the ground so hard, or for asthma/anxiety attacks. They repeatedly have to clean the carpet in the seminar building because of blood spatter. This was at SCL anyway.

Then of course they would build you back up with that rebirthing shit, or as they called it, your "magical child."

seminars were fucked up."

Jesus... Will you re-post this on my myspace forum?

(In the thread about David Gilcrease)

Straight, Inc. '86-'88[ This Message was edited by: 001010 on 2006-04-25 09:18 ]
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »
On 2006-04-24 14:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-23 23:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
At the same time, public masturbation would probably mean calling in a therapist--either the kids' regular therapist or the staff psychologist.

Don't the parents already pay for the kids to be receiving treatment? So they only get to see a therapist of psychologist if they are doing something really weird or what? Shouldn't all the kids have access to proper treatment, or only the ones who masturbate in public?"

Kids can see a therapist any time they want. That's in addition to regular visits. "

That was absolutly not true when I was at CCM from 2000-2001. You could only see your therapist on scheduled visits and they were not there after 6 or so on weekdays and not at all on the weekends.