Author Topic: atlanta straight  (Read 15628 times)

Offline tom c

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« on: September 02, 2001, 01:56:54 AM »
atlanta straight
my name is tom chapman . i was in atlanta straight and survived it ,denis buttimmer ,ann crow and the god forsaken bathroom inscodent. those of you who where there know what im talking about. i also have a brother who survived this twisted place of recovery.i to this day dream that i am in there and am trying to '' copp out'' and am being held against my will. yes i missbehaived and reeped all the consequenses. and i also graduated after being started over on 5th phase.the more i write the more anger i feel.however its good to know there are others out there who know what realy went on in there. i remember beatings ,stabings,broken arms ,4 point restraiants and total invation of privicy to say the least. i wood like to hear from someone in that era if your out there.i get the creeps just thinking about the place.the one saving grace is i met some people i will never will or want to forget .i was in from84 to 86. did anyone else survive from that time?

god bless

tom chapman

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2002, 05:11:00 PM »
Hi Tom,

I can't say that I was in Atlanta.. but I totally understand what you went through, I was in Straight in 90' in Michigan.
I never made it that far in the program, but I have seen people make it to 5th phase and then for something that seemed stupid to me, they were put back to 1st or 2nd phase.
Where I was not many got to 5th phase and even fewer graduated. The 7 months I was there I only saw 4 people graduate and they were there for 3 or more years.

I always thought there was something up with that.. a couple of teens I saw in there would be on 1st phase.
The staff members would approch them and they would take one 1st phaser and talk to them in private.
A few weeks later, they would be on 3rd or 4th phase! I thought that maybe with all the sexual abuse that I read about in articles on the internet, it seemed highly possible they targetted certain people.
I also remember seeing those same staff members put thier 2 week notice in and said that they got a better paying job.. once that 1st phaser was on a higher phase.
Seemed a bit odd to me.. don't you think??

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-03-09 14:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-03-09 14:14 ]
usan Minns

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 09:24:00 PM »
Holy Shit! I remember you! I think you were on fourth when I got out. I also remember thinking that you were damn young. I remember Dennis (?) when he stabbed that guy and was gone just before the bathroom incident. You know, I've always felt more than a little guilty for the hatred I feel for straight.

Clay

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2002, 10:53:00 AM »
Sorry I forgot my pass word so this came accross anonymously. Its samantha Monroe.  Young people Hang in there. I can tell you your life will get better you will find some peace. Just talk about it talk as much as you need to...Let it out so that you can let it go.
Come to the confrence meet some of us who were out before you even went in.. It was HELL but you beat them and they didn't break you. How strong we all were, we are the SURVIVORS and you are no longer victims...
Visualise Peace and it will come.

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
atlanta straight
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 07:54:00 PM »
hey Tom i don't remember you specifically, but some of those names ring a bell.  i was there, i'm pretty sure, in 83.  although it might have been 84.  anyway it was for about 6 months.
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 10:51:00 AM »
kosmonaut - who are you. That was the time frame I was there. -Clay

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2002, 02:08:00 PM »
I'm David Sutton.  I was a 1st phaser for about 6 mos. then copped out the day I made 2nd phase.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2002, 08:27:00 PM »
Hell, I remember you! Well at least the name. I think I was on 5th at the time mostly concentrating on staying away from the building as much as possible! CL

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2002, 02:00:00 PM »
I think I remember your name too, but can't put a face to it.  Seems like so many people came and went it's hard to remember everyone.  Do you remember the guy who broke the director's jaw that time?  I can't remember his name but he was there like 2 yrs and never left 1st phase.  Then one night he stood up and punched out that one director (I can't remember her name either).

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2002, 04:24:00 PM »
He was Mike McCallum and I can't remember her name either. I remember she was jewish as she brought this Rabbi into group to explain Rosh Shashana. Her last name began with an M. Dennis Buttermer was the director and Meyers, that was her last name.

Was just after Exec. Rap and the two Execs. were switching the rap stools with the trainies. Mike stood up and Hit her in the jaw. I think I was on 5th phase at the time.

CL

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2002, 03:32:00 PM »
OK, so you were there at the time.  I was too.  I was still on 1st phase and now I think I remember you, although I can't really put a face there.  I do remember your name and you being a 5th phaser.  

Wow, it's been a long time!  Did you 7 step?  How did things work out for you after that?

Offline Matt B

• View Profile
    • http://communities.msn.com/StraightStuff
atlanta straight
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2002, 11:52:00 AM »
Hey Clay L! I'm pretty sure I know you. Didn't you return to Austell Rd. in '87 or so for a 'mini program'? You worked at a fancy restaraunt in Atlanta with a guy named Eddie, right? I was on a 'mini' program, also that I managed to drag out for 8 months 'till I finally copped out.
You can be Straight if you\'re forced to\"
\"You can be Straight and con your way\"

Offline Matt B

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2002, 01:14:00 PM »
Oh, wait. That would have been '86, right? You were on your 'mini' during my first time through.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2002, 11:51:00 AM »
That would be me! Last I heard of Ed he had gotten into some big time trouble in FL. Not sure what it was though, but I think it was his dad that told me. Ed had some serious probs. that str8 aggravated and he was never right afterward.

The Restruant ws Rio Bravos Cantina and it paid REALLY well for a 20 something cook. I am a computer nerd now and don't miss hot kitcjens all that much. Still like to cook though and judging from my continuing battle with my waist line a damn good one!

It is really great to hear from you guys!

Clay

Offline Matt B

• View Profile
atlanta straight
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2002, 09:40:00 PM »
Cool! I figured you would be on the net. I remember Ed being pretty screwed up his whole program. It took him forever to move up in his phases. I think a lot of us were more screwed up when we came out of Auschwits...oops, I mean Straight. I'm still not over it (as obvious from my presence here on this board). Anyway, I was you guy's newcomer for one or two nights during a setback. Surely you remember who I am. I was the real handsome guy....(just kidding!). No, remember, I had an electric guitar stolen from the Dillard's BMW trunk? I always requested 'Do Lord' for a song, and had a really deep singing voice. I worked at Marietta Country Club for a long time with Mike W. from Athens. And Mom Rellinger was infatuated with me. Anyway, I remember you and you're mannerisms very well. You were always jovial and really humorous. And around 7 feet tall, it seemed. It's great to bump into you here in 'cyberStraight'!