Author Topic: anonymity on this board  (Read 19663 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anonymity on this board
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 12:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Eudora,

It was not my parents that sent me away, it was a Judge. I had a choice. Juvy or Hyde. I picked.  I am very happy with that choice. With that said I agree with what some of the detractor s have said on this board.

Sue"

GEEZ LOUISE, would have been nice if Hyde School told the parents that there are kids enrolled who had a choice of either Juvenile Hall, jail, or Hyde.  How can they be so inconsiderate as to mix these kids together without informing parents?  This is serious stuff!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anonymity on this board
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 13:26:00, tommyfromhyde1 wrote:

"

On 2006-04-18 11:06:00, Eudora wrote:

"It's not about the experience as it's happening. It's about having your family send you off for reprograming, becoming programed themselves and, for some people, the permanent situation of having to either pretend you like them and yourself much better than the old you/family, etc. or be held openly in contempt for refusing to adapt to it. It's about being orphaned. It's about having to choose between fidelity to yourself and membership in good standing in your own family.

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

fka ~ Antigen

Drug war POW  

Straight, Sarasota

`80 - `82

return undef() if /coercion/i;

[ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-04-18 11:07 ]"

The pressure goes a little deeper than that. When I was there in '76 Hyde used to advise parents to throw you out of the house if you didn't like Hyde.

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=william+blake' target='_new'>William Blake

"

Tom Allan, great to hear from you!  I couldn't agree more and there's a related question I've been thinking abotu...is it really ever ok to toss a kid from their house before they are 18?  I am thinking not.  No matter how bad.  Don't parents have a legal obligation to clothe and shelter kids under 18?

former outhouse dweller

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anonymity on this board
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2006, 06:11:00 AM »
On 2006-04-18 14:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-18 12:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Eudora,

It was not my parents that sent me away, it was a Judge. I had a choice. Juvy or Hyde. I picked.  I am very happy with that choice. With that said I agree with what some of the detractor s have said on this board.

Sue"

Hey,

We were the best kids at hyde.  Not like that Tom Allan get who was always introuble with Milton

Sue

GEEZ LOUISE, would have been nice if Hyde School told the parents that there are kids enrolled who had a choice of either Juvenile Hall, jail, or Hyde.  How can they be so inconsiderate as to mix these kids together without informing parents?  This is serious stuff!!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anonymity on this board
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2006, 06:15:00 AM »
On 2006-04-18 17:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"It's not about the experience as it's happening. It's about having your family send you off for reprograming, becoming programed themselves and, for some people, the permanent situation of having to either pretend you like them and yourself much better than the old you/family, etc. or be held openly in contempt for refusing to adapt to it. It's about being orphaned. It's about having to choose between fidelity to yourself and membership in good standing in your own family.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

fka ~ Antigen

Drug war POW  

Straight, Sarasota

`80 - `82

The pressure goes a little deeper than that. When I was there in '76 Hyde used to advise parents to throw you out of the house if you didn't like Hyde.

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.

"

Tom Allan, great to hear from you!  I couldn't agree more and there's a related question I've been thinking abotu...is it really ever ok to toss a kid from their house before they are 18?  I am thinking not.  No matter how bad.  Don't parents have a legal obligation to clothe and shelter kids under 18?

former outhouse dweller"

Mom and and Dad did shelter you .. at Hyde.  Three Hots and Cot. Excersize, fresh Maine air,  people to help you with your issues.  What more could you want?

Sue

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
anonymity on this board
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »

"

Oh, that's always been a part of it. W. the Seed and Straight, though, they had direct ties w/ law enforcement and the courts, so they'd first try to use that. They actually extradited me from Georgia to Florida for the "crime" of being a runaway in Florida (17 was the default age of emancipation in Ga in those days)

But, when all else failed, they did exactly that; change the locks, advice all friends and family to shun the kid and offer no support, material or otherwise, unless and until the kid "reached bottom" and "saw the light" and came back begging to be reprogrammed in exchange for that hots, cots and the fools hope of actual familial love.

It was bad enough for someone who only took a short tour through the Twilight Zone. Much harder for someone like me because my family had been in the cult for 12 years already by the time I got out. All of my older brothers and sisters scattered and I had no other friends except for school mates, teachers and such who all had been convinced that I was a heroin addict and deplorable person.

Kicking a teenaged kid out of the house is one thing. Scorching their earth for a number of years first, that's simply sadistic.

The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church.
--Ferdinand Magellan, Portuguese and Spanish explorer

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
anonymity on this board
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

former outhouse dweller"

I don't think that there were any specific laws against throwing your kids out in the '70s. Some states passed "throwaway" laws in the '80s.

A fundamentalist Christian President who claims God told him to invade Iraq ? an act that killed more than 150,000 civilians, mostly women and children ? is not that much different from a fundamentalist Islamic fanatic who claims it is the will of Allah that he send young men to America to crash airliners into office buildings and kill 3,000 plus.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7501.shtml' target='_new'>DOUG THOMPSON

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
anonymity on this board
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »
On 2006-04-19 03:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

--Friedrich Nietzsche

fka ~ Antigen

Drug war POW  

Straight, Sarasota

`80 - `82

"

former outhouse dweller"

Mom and and Dad did shelter you .. at Hyde.  Three Hots and Cot. Excersize, fresh Maine air,  people to help you with your issues.  What more could you want?

Sue"

:grin: