Author Topic: Maia Szalavitz  (Read 10531 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« on: April 05, 2006, 01:26:00 AM »
I can't wait to read it. I just got hold of a hard copy edition of Maia's new book. I been reading her blogs lately. I like the part where she rags on Schembri's bogus statement about guards being fed up over budget cuts enuff to want to murder kids. That was a real hoot!

Why was I sold? Well, I had made like three full pages of reply to Maia's blog on Schembri's really silly statement that received alot of harsh criticisms. Then I deleted all three pages of it after I realized that I was merely mega expounding on her very precise comment of how torture is not good enuff for the staff at boot camps who suffer from morale. So in a way she really shoved it back at Schembri and all the staff by saying thanks to Schembri for the wake up on torture that doesn't work.

But when I first started looking up Maia's work I didn't expect her to have blogs. She does though, and she's clear. I don't have the words yet to place her calm logic and right statement of facts. I'll be honest, I am not sure what to make of her. I am a survivor of Straight. I was there three years as you know I got the worst of the worst like alot of people. I want to read more on her and this book before I make any full opinion, as always you know I am a harsh skeptic like so many here.

I am still financially screwed as literal result of what Straight Incorporated has done to me so books sometimes find their way back to the store since I need money more than most. But I am hoping that this book turns out to be a gold brick that I have been waiting for, something that I can use to explain to people when they look at me stupid or turn me out when I try to explain to them what happened.

So anywho, I bought a book for my homosexual friend tonight and was like, "He got a book, I should get me on, too". The cashier walked me to the book in the Sociology/Social Sciences area of the store and bingo bango. Nice hard bound edition. Usually I hate books and only like to read the ones that have an immediate use right now. Especially school books that don't pay off until you get into a career. I am a spontaneous reader. I like gore because my life has reflected that, but gore and any horror or action that has a deep meaning and a deep cause like for example say the English Patient, or Devil's Rejects or some other deep fucking movie or a Stephen King book or for a really good read something from Karl Marx or anything on the humanities or philosophy of mind. I don't do slashers. Usually I will find a book laying around, a trashed book noone wants or that was deliberately left laying around so I could find it, and I will see if it's good. I don't really keep alot of books I guess. I keep a pile of books that I just can't seem to rid myself of since I am a packrat.

But what I'm hoping for is a good smooth read that speaks to me. If I like the book I will probably set up a reading for it at my college. I know students who will attend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 01:55:00 AM »
On 2006-04-04 22:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I can't wait to read it. I just got hold of a hard copy edition of Maia's new book. I been reading her blogs lately. I like the part where she rags on Schembri's bogus statement about guards being fed up over budget cuts enuff to want to murder kids. That was a real hoot!

Why was I sold? Well, I had made like three full pages of reply to Maia's blog on Schembri's really silly statement that received alot of harsh criticisms. Then I deleted all three pages of it after I realized that I was merely mega expounding on her very precise comment of how torture is not good enuff for the staff at boot camps who suffer from morale. So in a way she really shoved it back at Schembri and all the staff by saying thanks to Schembri for the wake up on torture that doesn't work.

But when I first started looking up Maia's work I didn't expect her to have blogs. She does though, and she's clear. I don't have the words yet to place her calm logic and right statement of facts. I'll be honest, I am not sure what to make of her. I am a survivor of Straight. I was there three years as you know I got the worst of the worst like alot of people. I want to read more on her and this book before I make any full opinion, as always you know I am a harsh skeptic like so many here.

I am still financially screwed as literal result of what Straight Incorporated has done to me so books sometimes find their way back to the store since I need money more than most. But I am hoping that this book turns out to be a gold brick that I have been waiting for, something that I can use to explain to people when they look at me stupid or turn me out when I try to explain to them what happened.

So anywho, I bought a book for my homosexual friend tonight and was like, "He got a book, I should get me on, too". The cashier walked me to the book in the Sociology/Social Sciences area of the store and bingo bango. Nice hard bound edition. Usually I hate books and only like to read the ones that have an immediate use right now. Especially school books that don't pay off until you get into a career. I am a spontaneous reader. I like gore because my life has reflected that, but gore and any horror or action that has a deep meaning and a deep cause like for example say the English Patient, or Devil's Rejects or some other deep fucking movie or a Stephen King book or for a really good read something from Karl Marx or anything on the humanities or philosophy of mind. I don't do slashers. Usually I will find a book laying around, a trashed book noone wants or that was deliberately left laying around so I could find it, and I will see if it's good. I don't really keep alot of books I guess. I keep a pile of books that I just can't seem to rid myself of since I am a packrat.

But what I'm hoping for is a good smooth read that speaks to me. If I like the book I will probably set up a reading for it at my college. I know students who will attend."

Dont you know?
Its a tradition to give books to homosexuals as gifts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:55:00 AM »
Is it? Ya know? You heard of that tradition? I read a doctor's blog says clearly that responding privately and anonymously to an original post was a sign of pure closet homosex.

I started the original post, and I am going to open Maia's book here in a moment.

You should get that closet homosex tradition thing you got going on checked. It aint' so bad coming out of the closet, I heard you can get more ass when you're out than in. Eventually you come out anyways, whether or not you post and let people know who you are or not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »
I just really don't like that bitch Ray, I really don't.

But I digress sincerely, Maia is truly a great writer and no holds barred here. I approve. She rises above the perfunctory, garbled, and exxagerated messages that Richard Bradbury fed to her for long periods of time; a mark of a really good writer/journalist. She was able to see and edit her way through all of his bullshit, and she turned a real piece of shit into something he could never do for himself. So it was a win win situation - Szalavitz uses her 'few months in a boot camp' to get some more fame, Ray and Wes get to defame and lie some more. But Maia is quicker than you two put together, and a far better writer than all here including myself.

Lie 1: Highly exxagerated number of females as in 'most all' molested by staff at Straight during Ray's time, of which none have come forward.

Thank you for finally helping the world to see that Richard Bradbury is a liar. More lies from Ray to come as I read more. I can't confirm it until I am finished on the portions of Bradbury, if someone wants to finalize before I do it please do so. But I think we will finally find that Ray's little dream world of wanting to have actually closed Straight headquarters was largely equal in his delusion of his actually breaking and entering the same building and finding no documents of worthwhile potential libel. Did I ever tell you that I closed a Straight warehouse in Texas all by myself? I have no proof of this, but it did happen. Oh, and I have a really big law firm that wants to take your case in the event you want to sue Straight. Fagbury, lol.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
bimp.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »
On 2006-04-05 02:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

Lie 1: Highly exxagerated number of females as in 'most all' molested by staff at Straight during Ray's time, of which none have come forward.

Don't know about 'most all' but I was friends with a female staff member that was there at the same time and I can confirm that she and others had numerous 'encounters' with other female staff, staff trainees and fifth phasers.  I can think of 4 female staff, either trainee or junior, off the top of my head that did that many, many times.  That I can confirm.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
lezbo staff? wow. i never saw anything like that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
and what positions did they favor?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »
On 2006-04-05 07:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"lezbo staff? wow. i never saw anything like that."

I hadn't seen or heard of it either.  It wasn't until after I got out and my dad had a staff member that came up from Sarasota live with us.  That's when I got all the juicy gossip.  That would have been around 84-85.  It involved people that eventually went on to Dallas and Orlando for sure and one to I believe either VA or MI.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »
name names

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
it smells like bs to sell books

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
On 2006-04-05 08:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"name names"

If it was you would you want your name plastered all over here?  Especially in light of the 2 o 3 assholes that continue to trash people here?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
On 2006-04-05 08:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"it smells like bs to sell books

"

Think what you want.  Anyone who was on staff or trainee at the time knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
On 2006-04-05 08:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-05 08:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"it smells like bs to sell books

"

Think what you want.  Anyone who was on staff or trainee at the time knows exactly what I'm talking about."

you must be an ex staff member then.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maia Szalavitz
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
My name is not Michael Sherman. Also, I have never heard of this person you are calling Richard Bradbury.