Author Topic: Integrity House  (Read 8176 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Integrity House
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »
We were only able to locate two of the facilities on

-1445 North CEDAR BOULEVARD CEDAR CITY, UTAH 84720 and
- 465 W 1600 N, CEDAR CITY, UT 84720

However the few photos on the myspace group and on their webpage makes it difficult to pinpoint the exact houses.

Another odd thing is that some of their enrollment papers are placed on the webpage of Academy of Eastern Arizona.. They share some of the staff-members too.

Our datasheet is rather short and it could be nice to expand it.

Please also look at the structure of the homepage of Re-creation retreat in Arizona. It is basically the same.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 02:01:23 PM by Oscar »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 12:13:27 PM »
I was actually a resident at Integrity House in Cedar City, Utah. I was there for about two years. It sucked. It is almost impossable to gain levels and the staff there is really picky. They either like you or hate you. If you are hated, you get slammed with punishment 24/7. The punishment is essays. I turned 18 there and they were going to drop me to level one because I "relapsed" on my home visit. It was pathetic. Since I was 18, I told them I wanted my discharge papers, and they sent me back into the essay room. I couldn't even sign myself out. Two days later, Daniel, the owner, came down and put me in the car without telling me where I was going. He took me to Arizona (his other facility), and told me I could be a junior staff. That was even worse. I would recommend Cedar City to Arizona. There is the student advocate (Ruth) and she is a GOD AWFUL woman. I hated her with a passion. I stayed a couple of months thinking I could earn some brownie points and get sent HOME...that never happened. It was awful. Being at Utah or Arizona, your children will lead an extremely sheltered life, won't be able to speak their minds, and on family phone calls are not allowed to talk about what they were given essays for. You can not learn to be yourself. The only way to gain levels is to mold into what they expect. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE! I have my life straightened out now, but after I got out, I became 10x worse than when I went in. You need to remember that children will be children. They are not perfect. It's better if they screw up now, than when they don't have their parents to fall back on later in life. I am 21 years old now and in two weeks I will officially be done with college and have a degree in Medical billing. This is all due to my own perserverance and my own determination. This is not the work of Integrity House or the Academy of Eastern Arizona.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »
INTEGRITY HOUSE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 12:51:01 AM »
I used to work at Integrity House.  I would not send my child there.  There was neglect, exploitation, and abuse.  The owner has had facilities closed down and has ties to WWASP, and he's a self-righteous s-o-b, in my opinion.
The place could be a haven, but nobody seems to care for the girls.  The staff are forced to comply with being assholes, or they get replaced.  I'm surprised I stayed on for over a year.  There was nothing in place to help the girls move forward in life, it was all guilt trip and brain wash from what I saw.  Nothing was there to help them learn better ways, it all rebounded on the girls being "bad," not people who made bad choices.  There was no attempt to break bad habits or teach them something to replace them aside from being inside away from them.
I urge parents to shop around.  Utah has some of the worst laws regarding children's rights, and as such it houses one third of children's residential treatment programs.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »
just a note. you can upload the .doc or .docx file if you want instead of screenshots.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline kschmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
Integrity House- Cedar City, Utah
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:42:31 AM by kschmoke »

Offline kschmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »
This site will not allow me to delete this post so I am editing it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:43:35 AM by kschmoke »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
A person was so nice to place a link on the page about Re-Creation Retreat. Here is the contents:

This facility is running a dirty business, including blackmail and other various financial coercions.The majority of what is supposedly being "taught" are all skills of self control one could teach their daughters themselves out of any generic self-help book. What they refer to as therapy sessions are nothing more than watching Oprah or Dr. Phil, even cooking shows! Individualized therapy is only occasionally, and does not let the girls express themselves without the overhanging threat of punishment in the form of writing 1000 word essay.The schooling program look horrible on college transcripts, as I have found out, and is not up to par with what is already a failing school system in this country. The girls get absolutely no exercise; when they do it is a 20 minute video in front of a TV screen. Do not let the website fool you, there are hardly any hikes, and it is NOT in nature, rather a desert lot. The girls on the website are not even students, but their own kids!

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
According to HEAL-online Academy of Eastern Arizona is closed.

Please also notice this story about a girl who was forced to confess to a sexual relationship to a co-worker at Starbucks back home in order to advance in the program. I feel bad about such a story. There is something like False Memory Syndrome. In Denmark we had a case years back where the testimonies of two children in fact proved to have been manipulated by a therapist working the social services. Several persons ended up in prison before the entire case was proven to have been fabricated by the therapist. The therapist left Denmark and is now working for the social services in Norway. Here is a link to an article about the case in Denmark. Below is the Starbucks case involving work by Integrity House so the parents could get rich:

Woman sues Starbucks over underage sex
By Jon Cassidy, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER, January 25, 2010

-+-+-+-
Woman tells her story to ABC News, leading a judge to unseal records of her sexual history.

A 20-year-old Orange County woman is suing Starbucks, her former employer, over a sexual relationship she had with a supervisor when she was 16 years old.

Kati Moore told her story to ABC News' "20/20," which aired a report on sex in the workplace Friday.

Tim Horton, the supervisor, pleaded guilty to felony sex with a minor and was sentenced to 180 days in jail last February.

After Moore agreed to appear on the show, a federal judge unsealed records detailing her sexual history.

While Moore has a right to keep her sexual history private, Starbucks also has a right to "defend themselves in the court of public opinion," Federal judge Andrew J. Guilford wrote in the order.

Between the ages of 14 and 16, Moore had "sexual encounters" with seven men, according to the records. She had encounters with another five during the time she knew the supervisor.

"They are trying to defend themselves by calling me a slut," Moore told the program.

One of Starbucks' arguments is that Moore has not sought criminal or civil action against any of the other men, all but one of whom were older than 18.

Horton, a supervisor, was 24 and Moore was 16 at the time of their relationship. Moore was hired at an Irvine Starbucks in the summer before her junior year at Foothill High School in Santa Ana. She began to see Horton five months later.

From December 2005 to June 2006, Moore and Horton hooked up almost daily — in cars, hotel rooms and at parties — smoking weed, drinking, and having sex, according to the court records.

In court records, there are explicit text messages from both.

When Moore's mother discovered the relationship and called the police, Moore initially refused to cooperate. She also asked her boss – who had warned them about the company's policy on same-store dating – not to fire Horton.

Moore agreed to be transferred to another store, but continued to see Horton in secret, according to the records.

The relationship came to an end in July 2006, when her mother called Integrity House, a home in Utah for troubled teens. Counselors from Integrity House "abducted" Moore with her parents' consent, shoving her into a car and driving her to their facility, where she lived for the next year.

During her stay, Moore wrote a "come clean letter" — a sort of confession to her parents — in which she listed the men she'd had sex with.

In a deposition, a counselor at Integrity House said that after Moore lost her virginity, she had a "mind-set that she was damaged goods, so it didn't matter what she did."
Moore "thought she loved" Horton, counselor Carol Williams testified. She thought she could "be with him for the rest of her life," Williams said.

Moore's family has sued Starbucks in federal court, claiming the company failed to protect the minor. They asked for $16.8 million in damages, including $10 million in punitive damages, and $200,000 in loss of earnings to date.

There will be no punitive damages in the case, Guilford ruled recently. Guilford dismissed four of the claims, and allowed another four to go before a jury.

In a statement, Starbucks said that Horton and Moore failed to follow company policy by not disclosing their "personal, consensual relationship."

"I felt like I didn't have a choice," Moore told "20/20." "I was ashamed and embarrassed. And I felt like he had complete control over my job... he knew all this stuff about my family and my friends and my school."

In one deposition, Moore said that Horton had been pestering her for a date, so she "said 'yes,' hoping it would make him stop."

The day after their first date — a workout at the gym — they had their first sexual encounter, according to Moore's deposition.

"I felt that because he had given me marijuana and I had smoked it with him, I had to do what he said, because he was my supervisor and I didn't want to lose my job," Moore said in the deposition.

In another deposition, the Starbucks manager who transferred Moore said that she didn't see it as her role to "pass judgment" on the relationship because no claims of sexual harassment had been made.

Starbucks did not investigate whether the two were having sex, the judge found.

Moore's lawyers argued that managers should have known about the relationship because a few weeks before the transfer, Horton showed a cell phone sex video of the couple to a friend of his at the store who was an assistant manager. The only evidence supporting the claim was a statement the assistant manager made to police, which the jury will not hear because of hearsay rules.

The lawsuit has generated a mountain of paperwork in two years; a summary of the records in the case runs 22 pages.

Offline bellavampire

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »
I really hope you take my warning. There are girls that say that this house is the best thing for them but that is a lie.  I stayed here for 15 months and its not a great program at all this place is a youth prison, where you are constantly monitored and told what you can and cannot say. When a program starts restricting the visitation with children and their family. I had a visit with my dad and my dad had never liked the idea of this program and I had earned the level where I could go with my family and see them. And they made me go to the next door home where other girls slept and Daniel the owner came over and was completely fake with my father and they kept coming over to check on my dad and see what we were doing. My heart broke for some of the girls some were treated worse than others. There was alarms on every door and window and there was a staff who loved to give out essays. Also he loved to set off the alarms early in the morning and loved to wake the girls up this way. He would laugh and he would go around with essay papers in his hand and say all happily who wants essays. He got his jollies off on giving them out. It was horrible I absolutely hated him and his wife they both worked there. He would threaten to take the girls things that were left in other rooms and give them to his kids. I watched girls cry and be terribly sad and this place was like a horrible nightmare. I know a lot of girls tried to end their lives and also that girls drank cleaners. I even knew a girl who cut herself with a staple in the essay room. Daniel the owner had us go clean his house and do chores at his house and make them dinner. Obviously young girls seemed like good slave workers for him. Also he had the girls go out and start digging and moving cement blocks for his new boys facility building. I graduated High School early here and I went to get my diploma and none of it was legit. This place is a joke. The girls that were in severe trouble would talk to their families on the phone and they were not allowed to talk about what they were in trouble for or why they got certain essays. They monitored your letters and would cross out what they didnt like from letters from your family to you with a sharpee. When the girls got candy or treats the staff would eat a lot of it and they would give it to the staff and their families. In front of the parents they would put on a complete show and make it look like they were an absolute perfect program. When I first went here they made me strip down in front of the staff as procedure and not one of these staff members that were writing down things were nurses or doctors. They had male staff in the room as well and not to mention I was a minor. They made me eat food I was allergic to saying that I was manipulating and I had an allergic reaction and had to go to the doctors and have benadryl. Nomatter what anybody did they were manipulating and we didnt go outside all the time. All this among a lot of other things are a great reason NOT TO SEND YOUR DAUGHTER HERE. PLEASE DONT IT RUINED MY LIFE AND FOR THREE YEARS AFTER I HAD NIGHTMARES. I could say the best thing was out teacher at the time but finding out about what I did about our diplomas that was all a joke as well. I WOULD TELL YOU PLZ DONT

Offline bellavampire

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 06:54:40 PM »
Quote from: "bellavampire"
I really hope you take my warning. There are girls that say that this house is the best thing for them but that is a lie.  I stayed here for 15 months and its not a great program at all this place is a youth prison, where you are constantly monitored and told what you can and cannot say. When a program starts restricting the visitation with children and their family. I had a visit with my dad and my dad had never liked the idea of this program and I had earned the level where I could go with my family and see them. And they made me go to the next door home where other girls slept and Daniel the owner came over and was completely fake with my father and they kept coming over to check on my dad and see what we were doing. My heart broke for some of the girls some were treated worse than others. There was alarms on every door and window and there was a staff who loved to give out essays. Also he loved to set off the alarms early in the morning and loved to wake the girls up this way. He would laugh and he would go around with essay papers in his hand and say all happily who wants essays. He got his jollies off on giving them out. It was horrible I absolutely hated him and his wife they both worked there. He would threaten to take the girls things that were left in other rooms and give them to his kids. I watched girls cry and be terribly sad and this place was like a horrible nightmare. I know a lot of girls tried to end their lives and also that girls drank cleaners. I even knew a girl who cut herself with a staple in the essay room. Daniel the owner had us go clean his house and do chores at his house and make them dinner. Obviously young girls seemed like good slave workers for him. Also he had the girls go out and start digging and moving cement blocks for his new boys facility building. I graduated High School early here and I went to get my diploma and none of it was legit. This place is a joke. The girls that were in severe trouble would talk to their families on the phone and they were not allowed to talk about what they were in trouble for or why they got certain essays. They monitored your letters and would cross out what they didnt like from letters from your family to you with a sharpee. When the girls got candy or treats the staff would eat a lot of it and they would give it to the staff and their families. In front of the parents they would put on a complete show and make it look like they were an absolute perfect program. When I first went here they made me strip down in front of the staff as procedure and not one of these staff members that were writing down things were nurses or doctors. They had male staff in the room as well and not to mention I was a minor. They made me eat food I was allergic to saying that I was manipulating and I had an allergic reaction and had to go to the doctors and have benadryl. Nomatter what anybody did they were manipulating and we didnt go outside all the time. All this among a lot of other things are a great reason NOT TO SEND YOUR DAUGHTER HERE. PLEASE DONT IT RUINED MY LIFE AND FOR THREE YEARS AFTER I HAD NIGHTMARES. I could say the best thing was out teacher at the time but finding out about what I did about our diplomas that was all a joke as well. I WOULD TELL YOU PLZ DONT