Author Topic: Dreams/ Nightmares  (Read 784 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams/ Nightmares
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »
A number of people have posted about having nightmares years after CEDU. I myself have recurring dreams where I am sent back to CEDU (and I am way over the age for this!)and I'm trying to talk my way out but no one will listen. So I end up trying to make the staff understand how fucked up the program is, but it's like talking to robots, who keep saying I'm the one who's fucked up, and I will be there "for the duration."  So then, I make my rounds amongst the students telling them to escape, get out while they can, they are being brainwashed. Everyone is too afraid to buck the system, and I end up trying to plot an escape with Stepford students watching my every move.  

Last night I had a dream that I was at a hotel convention with my mother(as an adult)and some CEDU/RMA staff members show up with their flock of students.  Somehow, they find out I post on Fornits and are furious about what I have to say about the program. In front of my Mom and other students, I list the failures of the program, which the staff and students refute. They then attempt to tell my mother that everything I said was bullshit, and recommend she get me some "help."

There is always a sense of futility in these dreams. It reminds me of Emily Dickinson's poem, "Much Madness is Divinest Sense."  (The poem about the minority voice being thought mad because her feelings deviate from the majority. But as it turns out, it is the majority in the wrong. (Think Salem witch trials, the once prevailing idea the earth is flat etc.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams/ Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
Anon, please take no offense to this: It's an irrational sense of fear of having to go back, I had that for a while - the nightmares the weird thought processes that someone would come and get me and take me back.  How long has it been?  If its been a few years, as sad as that is its somewhat normal after an experience like that.  If its been 5+ years,  I think you should see someone professionally, ask them if it's PTSD.  Alot of other students I have heard from also still have this.  That place "did" something to us all, like a deep rooted loyalty we must obey.  But I know it goes much much further than that.  We all need to heal from that place, thus we flock here.  Best of luck and try to look for the positives in life, even at the smallest level :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »