Author Topic: Coverup rising to new levels  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Coverup rising to new levels
« on: March 25, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »
Juvenile boot camps are due to be eliminated and replaced with 'Star Academies,' Florida lawmakers said.
BY CAROL MARBIN MILLER AND MARC CAPUTO
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/14182449.htm

It really puzzles me to see Marijuana connected with Narcotics - Dope and all that crap?it's a thousand times better than whiskey - it's an Assistant - a friend.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002ORZ/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Louis Armstrong

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »
Is it really new? Didn't Straight do the same thing?
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=9&Sort=D
Write a letter today!
Posted: 2006-03-25 09:14:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [email protected],[email protected]

Please consider for publication
Dear Carol, Mark, Editor,

You guys have been doing an excellent job of covering this important story. Forgive me if I seem overly skeptical at this point, but I just don't believe it. This Crowder guy claims an 80% non-recidivism rate? Has anyone checked into that? Cause he sure sounds a lot like Art Barker blowing hot air about The Seed's 90% success rate. Just like Mel and Betty Sembler, too, claiming "12,000 successful graduates" of Straight, Inc. And haven't the State of Florida generally, and FDLE specifically, always played a solid supporting role in covering up institutional child abuse? Who is it, again, that we're supposed to trust here?

I would love to hope that this Crowder guy has got the right idea and he's not one of those self deluded sadists like virtually all of his colleges. But I'm just too old and too jaded to take his word for it. Please check his claims and look to see who's running these allegedly kinder, gentler programs. I guarantee you that if Drug Free America Foundation and their child abusing affiliates have anything to do with it, this will be just another rendition of the same tired old scam.

This time, please don't wait another decade or three for these misguided zealots to kill a few more kids. Now is the time to check these people's stories. Now, BEFORE you give them mo' money and a clean slate. Right NOW you should be looking very critically at what they've got to sell you. TOUGHLOVE is a hategroup. Unless and until you can eliminate that toxic philosophy from your public sector, you'll just keep repeating the same mistakes again and again.

Crowder could go a long way toward winning solid support from some tens of thousands of Floridians just like me who also have suffered abuse in TOUGHLOVE programs over the years just by publicly disclosing the real influence behind them. I doubt he will, though. I don't think he's got the sack to stand up to Betty Sembler and Charlie Crist. Like all the rest, I bet he leaves that to unfortunate children like Martin Anderson to do all alone. More likely, he shares their views and is just a little better at making it all sound so sweet and pretty.

Sincerely,
Ginger Warbis
[contact info, short bio sketch]

Fear is the parent of cruelty, therefore it is no wonder if religion and cruelty have gone hand-in-hand.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
Written and sent. :wstupid:

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »
I got a response from the editor!  

Copy of my letter:

I want to thank you guys for the excellent job you've been doing in the coverage of the Martin Lee Anderson case. I must urge you with heavy skepticism though, in the area of their changing names, raising prices and conducting business as usual. Just as Straight, Inc was changed into the Drug Free America Foundation, Kids Helping Kids, KIDS of North Jersey, SAFE, Inc, and other spin-offs such as  L.I.F.E / Growing Together and Pathway Family Center, so will Star Academies continue to be a mirror of this Florida boot camp. The same abuse will continue unless the people at the top of the pyramids are brought to justice for their many years of involvement in this hate group. The policies and practices of the cronies that run these "toughlove" organizations  have been proven by professionals not to work!

Thank you for your continued coverage and prudence in this serious epidemic. There are thousands of families that have been broken because of these Florida politicians and their partners in crime, that care only for money and nothing for the children and families they continue to devastate.

Sincerely,

[name]

Teen Advocate / Straight, Inc Survivor 86-88 / est training victim '83

Responce:

Thank you for taking the time to write us.
I remember Straight very well, having worked at the St. Pete Times for almost a decade.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »
**POP** Outa the ballpark!
 :nworthy:

Did they verify permission to publish?

You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religion. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, intelligent enough.
--Aldous Huxley, author