Author Topic: Evan-Where Would You Be Now if you had not gone to Whitmore?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Evan-Where Would You Be Now if you had not gone to Whitmore?
« on: March 22, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »
Evan, you stated that you were sent to Whitmore because "your mother thought you were addicted to pot; and because you were defiant."

Do you think that you needed to be at Whitmore for 14 months to be where you are today?

You have a job, right?  You seem to be getting along OK with your family, right?

Don't you think that having a bit of time to grow up could have brought about these changes without the drastic step of your parents placing you in a "treatment facility?" And that is what Whitmore was licensed as--a treatment facility.

It doesn't sound like YOU considered yourself a defiant pot-addicted teenager.

What really changed, except the fact that you grew up, and perhaps matured into a more responsible young man?  That was going to happen with time ANYWAY.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »
Just a little time to grow up would have done more for you than Whitmore.

Offline Evan Sussman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »
You know I don't know. I would still have a good job, as I did before I left for the Whitmore. I can say that if I hadn't gone to the Whitmore for 14 months, I wouldn't be in the same place because that's impossible, each decision affects the outcome of your life.

I have come to be much more respectful of authority, and I learned a lot of things about myself as well as how minds work in general. I feel like I have a headstart on life compared to many people older and younger then me, both literally and mentally.

I can't say where exactally I would've been. I do know that I don't and will never regret my 14 months spent in Utah.

-Evan
Evan Sussman
Ex-Student of the Whitmore Academy

Offline dustnbones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
Dude... let me translate for them...

It's like the kind of life-changing revelations you get when you smoke yourself sober and then smoke some more.

But better. Kinda.
sub>

\"Your only validation is in living your own life; vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time. So I send this song to the offended; I said what I meant and I\'ve never pretended.\"