Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

Hyde School, Bath, Maine, Admissions

<< < (2/5) > >>

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2006-04-05 14:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Why does a school like Hyde continue to exist? How is it able to  keep attracting new students? And getting new people to buy into the concept?

What happened in that admissions interview that hooked us all on Hyde, for better or for worse?

"

--- End quote ---

Hyde exists because we imagine it does.  We almost imagined it out of existance at one point but then it was imagined back into existance. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratitya-samutpada

Or more simply:
Row row row your boat (dory?)
gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily
Life is but a dream

"What happened in that admissions interview that hooked us"

For me it was the judge that said he would issue a bench warrant for my arrest if I did not show up for the first day of summer school.

I imagine you are finding my scribbing amusing.

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2006-04-05 16:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
--- Quote ---
On 2006-04-05 14:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Why does a school like Hyde continue to exist? How is it able to  keep attracting new students? And getting new people to buy into the concept?

What happened in that admissions interview that hooked us all on Hyde, for better or for worse?

"

--- End quote ---

Hyde exists because we imagine it does.  We almost imagined it out of existance at one point but then it was imagined back into existance. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratitya-samutpada

Or more simply:

Row row row your boat (dory?)

gently down the stream

Merrily merrily merrily

Life is but a dream

"What happened in that admissions interview that hooked us"

For me it was the judge that said he would issue a bench warrant for my arrest if I did not show up for the first day of summer school.

I imagine you are finding my scribbing amusing.

"

--- End quote ---

At the risk of belaboring my point please allow me to add:

http://arts.ucsc.edu/Gdead/AGDL/stella.html#dream

and

http://arts.ucsc.edu/Gdead/AGDL/box.html#dream

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2006-04-05 14:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

--- End quote ---

This is a very simple answer.  Hyde "hooks us" because we are desperate parents at the time.  Years later after buying into the process, participating to the best of our abilities and going through "the process" we realize how foolish we were.  I can't speak for others, but this is how my family feels.  We have apologized to our daughter and talked to other former Hyde parents about how stupid we were to buy into this Cult and send her there.  

I know that some people on this board will dispute what I have said and tell me we couldn't hack it, but that is their perogative. I am happy for anyone who got something out of Hyde. I am not disputing any positives that anyone posts on this board, I am simply telling you about my experience as well as my wife and daughters.  To us Hyde is a disgusting Cult and we feel ashamed that we fell for their crap! I thought we were strong people but obviously I was wrong about this because I allowed Hyde to make us feel weak and vunerable!  It is like going to a bad Psychologist who tries to make you believe you had a worse childhood than you did.  They will try to keep you in therapy for years, Hyde tries to keep you on campus for years even though your child might intellectually be ready to proceed to the next grade level.  I think there are people who will love Hyde.  These are the same people who love the Scientologists and the Hari Krishna's! Strictly my opinion for whatever it is worth!

Anonymous:
Joe was called into my interview at the end to close the deal, probably before heading out to the golf course. Funny, but I really remember his loafers. They had a kind of grainy texture and a shade of brown leather that was unusual in my experience.  I stared at the loafers to avoid eye contact.

One other specific recollection I have is being asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. When I said I wanted to own a small business, the interviewer belittled me, b/c that goal was not lofty enough.  I still recall how humiliated I felt.

StephenLong:

--- Quote ---On 2006-04-05 19:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
--- Quote ---
On 2006-04-05 14:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

--- End quote ---

This is a very simple answer.  Hyde "hooks us" because we are desperate parents at the time.  Years later after buying into the process, participating to the best of our abilities and going through "the process" we realize how foolish we were.  I can't speak for others, but this is how my family feels.  We have apologized to our daughter and talked to other former Hyde parents about how stupid we were to buy into this Cult and send her there.  

I know that some people on this board will dispute what I have said and tell me we couldn't hack it, but that is their perogative. I am happy for anyone who got something out of Hyde. I am not disputing any positives that anyone posts on this board, I am simply telling you about my experience as well as my wife and daughters.  To us Hyde is a disgusting Cult and we feel ashamed that we fell for their crap! I thought we were strong people but obviously I was wrong about this because I allowed Hyde to make us feel weak and vunerable!  It is like going to a bad Psychologist who tries to make you believe you had a worse childhood than you did.  They will try to keep you in therapy for years, Hyde tries to keep you on campus for years even though your child might intellectually be ready to proceed to the next grade level.  I think there are people who will love Hyde.  These are the same people who love the Scientologists and the Hari Krishna's! Strictly my opinion for whatever it is worth!"

--- End quote ---

Your Opinion has no value,  because you are not willing to sign it and worse yet you hide behind anonymity.  Step up if you really believe what you say.

Stephen Long

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version