Author Topic: For Your Own Good Hidden Cruelty in Child-Rearing and the Ro  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
For Your Own Good Hidden Cruelty in Child-Rearing and the Ro
« on: March 13, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
ALICE MILLER

For Your Own Good Hidden Cruelty in Child-Rearing and the Roots of Violence

TRANSLATED BY
Hildegard and Hunter Hannum

Farrar - Straus - Giroux
NEW YORK

Read the whole damned thing online for nuttin`

http://www.nospank.net/fyog.htm

the war on drugs is but one manifestation, albeit a very dramatic one, of the great moral contests of our age -- the struggle between two diametrically opposed images of man: between man as responsible moral agent, 'condemned' to freedom, benefiting and suffering from the consequences of his actions; and man as irresponsible child, unfit for freedom, 'protected' from its risks by agents of the omnicompetent state.
--Thomas Szasz

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
For Your Own Good Hidden Cruelty in Child-Rearing and the Ro
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »
My parents taught me violence by inflicting it on me.  I don't use violence to teach or discipline my child.  When I catch her in a lie I explain to her how precious trust is and how by lying to me she has degraded our relationship.  I ask her if she understands and then she starts to cry and so do I.  That's when I hug her and tell her that I love her.

I had always been in about 2 fights a year at school and about 2 fights a year with my brother.
In $tr8 I continued to develope as a fist fighter and each time I resorted to violence I pushed the limit a little further.  I had never hit anyone directly in the face until I was in $tr8.  I was always afraid I would really hurt someone.  I try not to resort to violence at all but if backed into a corner I will make the aggressor regret they ever looked at me.  Also, I think honorable fist-fights and personal self-defense are one thing, and violence against women and children is fucked-up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.