Author Topic: Missing Funds?  (Read 12430 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Missing Funds?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »
Think about this for a moment, please. This entire industry rests on solid, pervasive and overwhelming fear of certain relatively benign traits and behaviors in our children.

I think you can describe these, generally, as allure to cultural affects other than those of the parents. They all have essentially the same kinds of "warning signs".

• Flunking out of school or lack of interest in it.
  • Deviation from parents sexual or romantic norms.
  • Use of currently demonized drugs or affiliation/acceptance of those who do use them.
  • Music, fashion, other preferences that suggest or state loudly such kinds of rejection or challenge.

None of these standards are long lasting or correlate to success or failure, peace or war or prosperity or austerity in any culture. And yet there is a strong correlation (causual, I think) between condemned scapegoated cultural affectations and living a fucked up life.

If we condemn homosexuality, despite it having been present in all of the higher order critters for all of known history, we get fucked up adult homosexuals. Would they still be fucked up people if they had come up in a time when they weren't punished for it?

Same with various drugs. In 1920, fashionable, successful people used Cannabis candy, tincture and other preparations. Some of the more daring, artistic, aristocratic types even had parties to eat and or smoke hash and then write about it. It never fucked up their lives. Now? A kid can find themselves excluded from vital social contacts and oportunities, uneducated, imprisoned, convicted and on the outs w/ his own family for it. THAT will fuck you up for life!

Same with every specific aspect of bad behavior that they claim to address, except for one; rebellion. In every time in all of human history, the rebels have been the ones who live to tell the tale.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

`80 - `82
Why I Live at the PO[ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-03-08 15:16 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Exterior

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »
On 2006-03-08 07:51:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:
"Is anyone familiar with the "Chapel Project"?

Yeah.  When I was there a bunch of years ago visiting my kid they made a huge pitch to all the parents for money for the "chapel."  I was told then by another parent that HLA has been hitting up parents for years for the so-called chapel.  Amazing.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »
When was your child there? Mine was there 2000-2001 and I received numerous requests for donations, and I was considered an 'adversarial' parent- didn't make the placement or support it.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »
Adversarial-translates to doesnt make donation to non existent projects.

Hows the horse program coming guys?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »
The horse program is actually coming along nicely.  Four horses have been purchased and the barn is just about ready.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
Is that a fact? Cause last I heard it was promised to be done by Valentine's day at which point it was nothing but some scratches in the dirt.

My understanding is nothing has been accomplished with it at all.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »
On 2006-03-15 06:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The horse program is actually coming along nicely.  Four horses have been purchased and the barn is just about ready."

As of February 1 there was no barn, no horses, no nothing.

Keep in mind that this is nothing more than an advertising gimmick.  There is no such thing as "equine therapy."  This is designed for the sole purpose of pitching to wealthy marks that their kid can learn horsemanship while at HLA.

I personally happen to know a great deal about the horse business having been raised on one of the most successful Arabian farms in the northeast, and I can tell you that four horses is woefully inadequate to provide meaningful interaction for 150 kids.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »
Didn't someone else talk about how the pasture, corrals and lunging rings (or do they even have any of that set up) are all sand?  Not good for the horses.  Sand cracks, colic and all.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
Send picutres, that was fast as of the 1st there was nothing there, but dirt....

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »
That is funny ...I live in horse country, too. It
took my friend a couple months to raise her barn, ring and all...construction people were their every day.Maybe Lenny B. called up
the "quakers" and offered them "pizza to have a barn raising party...We know Jimmy Carter didn't show up..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
no they are just converting the SAC to a barn, the students seldom get to use it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
they'll turn the counselor building in to the tack room, it's already musty and moldly, and has mice.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »
So, I see the HLA staff are strictly avoiding the discussion regarding the Chapel Fund.

Why no chapel?  Why no answers?
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
On 2006-03-16 14:42:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"So, I see the HLA staff are strictly avoiding the discussion regarding the Chapel Fund.

Why no chapel?  Why no answers?
"

Bumpity-bump.

Any takers?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Missing Funds?
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »
http://www.cmarket.com/catalog/landingP ... 384b4f4e53

"Auction includes a visit with your child."

This place is f*cked up.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control