Author Topic: News  (Read 2422 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline katfish

  • Posts: 543
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
News
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
Quote
On 2006-03-18 14:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Parents of girls who go there read this site all of the time.

They do...hmmm...who knew?

Quote
On 2006-03-18 14:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

I liked it there.
 

I must be missing something- just curious, why did you like MMS?



Quote
To many people thats still how they see things so when you guys are talking about this stuff it just seems unbelievable and crazy to many, especially to those who are there at the same time.
 

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, juust curious -  what seems crazy exactly?

Quote
Now that I've gone through my own trials I can see what everyone here is saying.    

What do you 'see'?

 
Quote
Feelings are just as important, but a distinction needs to be made between the two if your trying to prove any sort of point.


I disagree with this point only insofar as that I think feelings are crucial to proving a points, in fact- that's the point being made but certainly examples of what events those feelings pertain to are important.  The biggest problem I have noticed, especially older MMS girls is a blocking of the experience.  So many girls simply don't rememeber, it's all foggy...I can think of at least 12 who have said they have mostly 'feeling' memories- their recollection is generally too painful to broach. Hence the absent of fact, perhaps?  Still, not sure about the laughing part you describe but that's ok.

So, while John's lack of education, his arrogance, the arbitrary way the program picks on girls to single out in group, the way  other girls serve to carry out program philosophy, the lack of ability to dissent, the presumption that girls are manipulative are all examples of the manner in which MMS program is flawed in that it insidiously monopolizes the mind of the child , mostly I think that comes about becaus of lack of ability to dissent, but it's a combination of all the coercive elements and it being called keeping the girls 'safe' that I think also confuses girls, maybe this also makes 'fact' difficult?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164661
  • Karma: +3/-3
    • View Profile
News
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
Quote
On 2006-03-18 14:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Parents of girls who go there read this site all of the time. Most see the school as a savior. I heard another girls mom talking about it so I looked on it when I was on a visit. Then I thought everyone was crazy because I liked it there. I hadn't heen mistreated and was fortunate to have some really caring staff there supporting me. To many people thats still how they see things so when you guys are talking about this stuff it just seems unbelievable and crazy to many, especially to those who are there at the same time. Now that I've gone through my own trials I can see what everyone here is saying. My whole point in everything is that facts are important. Feelings are just as important, but a distinction needs to be made between the two if your trying to prove any sort of point. I really don't feel like I need to argue this. I just was trying to make a point and let you know. Take it or leave it.  

"


Concretely, factually, my friend having to carry rocks on her back, causing bruising or the humiliation and pain resutling from tight control on bathroom breaks becaos it was considered 'manipulative', the singling out people and making them wear signs or certain color clothing (really stupid and completely harmful in it's intent- humilation) or the difficulty with which to obtain medical care because we were deemed 'manipulative', or the nature of the 'disclosure' approach- rather than providing nuturance with  an element of a voluntary healing approach, therapy was antagonistical with the constant looming threat of being kept away from home longer or being sent somewhere worse, intervention, or work crew or group punishment.  This obviously would make any therapy group not only unpleasent but unproductive. How is that kind of isolation and terror at such a young age a good thing, is what I'd like to know?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164661
  • Karma: +3/-3
    • View Profile
News
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
Quote
On 2006-03-18 16:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
Quote

On 2006-03-18 14:02:00, Anonymous wrote:


"Parents of girls who go there read this site all of the time. Most see the school as a savior. I heard another girls mom talking about it so I looked on it when I was on a visit. Then I thought everyone was crazy because I liked it there. I hadn't heen mistreated and was fortunate to have some really caring staff there supporting me. To many people thats still how they see things so when you guys are talking about this stuff it just seems unbelievable and crazy to many, especially to those who are there at the same time. Now that I've gone through my own trials I can see what everyone here is saying. My whole point in everything is that facts are important. Feelings are just as important, but a distinction needs to be made between the two if your trying to prove any sort of point. I really don't feel like I need to argue this. I just was trying to make a point and let you know. Take it or leave it.  


"




Concretely, factually, my friend having to carry rocks on her back, causing bruising or the humiliation and pain resutling from tight control on bathroom breaks becaos it was considered 'manipulative', the singling out people and making them wear signs or certain color clothing (really stupid and completely harmful in it's intent- humilation) or the difficulty with which to obtain medical care because we were deemed 'manipulative', or the nature of the 'disclosure' approach- rather than providing nuturance with  an element of a voluntary healing approach, therapy was antagonistical with the constant looming threat of being kept away from home longer or being sent somewhere worse, intervention, or work crew or group punishment.  This obviously would make any therapy group not only unpleasent but unproductive. How is that kind of isolation and terror at such a young age a good thing, is what I'd like to know?"


yup
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »