Author Topic: Revenge is a dish best served cold...  (Read 5440 times)

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
Revenge is a dish best served cold...
« on: February 22, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »
Just curious if anyone else out there has pondered just what the best possible revenge might be.  Personally, I think that the most fitting punishment for a parent who takes away all their child's rights so they can enjoy a little "me" time, is to do the same thing to them.  So out of curiosity, how many of you out there are planning on putting your parents in a nursing home whether or not they really need the care being provided, so they can see what it's like to have all their rights and freedoms taken away because someone else decides that they're unfit to make their own decisions.  I'm gonna do a lot of research on the subject, so I can find the shittiest one out there.  The kind of place where they don't always remember to clean the patient's tracheotomies and colostomy hookups on a regular basis.  Any thoughts???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
cademy at Swift River 2001-2002, Peer Group 17
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »
In most cases, I would say the absolute best revenge (on your parents) is to cut all ties with them.  Forever.  Just leave Asap (18th birthday or whenever), and exclude them entirely from your life.  

Do not spend holidays with them, do not call them or tell them anything, do not even let them see their grandkids.  

This can be very difficult, I mean, I certainly wasn't able to pull that off.  But it would be the best revenge.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Boomerang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
WOW. I hit reply and don't even know what to say.

There are several regular posters on this site that are both "survivors" and parents. Although I could be wrong, I doubt any would seek out the revenge that both previous posters have mentioned.

Some, including Ginger, have made peace with their parents in one way or another. I don't think that it is a matter of "revenge"... maybe your parents were misled or bought into some lie... who knows. But, I would hope that "survivors" of these program would be willing to recognize this and work together with their parents in coming to terms with such a painful chapter in their lives. Maybe it was just as painful for your parents. Not all, but some. Maybe you could even encourage your parents to join you in bringing awareness to the public about abusive programs. Just a thought...

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »
So out of curiosity, how many of you out there are planning on putting your parents in a nursing home whether or not they really need the care being provided, so they can see what it's like to have all their rights and freedoms taken away because someone else decides that they're unfit to make their own decisions

Believe it or not, this subject comes up regularly around here and this is one of the typical responses.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »
My whole reason for posting isn't that I'm really going to do this to my parents, who I HAVE been working with to try and educate on the issue, mostly for the sake of my younger sister.  The reason I bring up the topic is because this is the sort of thing I thought about every day that I was locked up.  I'm just wondering if it's as common a part of the experience as I think it is.  And whether or not anyone actually does make peace with the people who sent them to these places, or if most parents remain unwilling to believe what actually goes on.  My personal experience has been that my parents have been horrible since sending me away, and the thought of seeing them in a really shitty nursing home cheers me up.  So for those of you that haven't gotten around to the peace process yet, anyone have a better revenge than the aforementioned crooked nursing home?
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »
your rights have been violated & you can sue your predator. I posted something i found at thestraights.com above. COntact an organization that deals with this sort of thing. search the internet to find the one you like best. contact a lawyer. Get revenge the way the reat of humanity gets revenge...the law

two groups that can help
http://thestraights.com/
http://www.isaccorp.org

they will go to jail. you can get compensation for your suffering- hit the greedy abusers where their heart is their wallet. Be a Hero

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »
Forget revenge.  Just be a better parent.  

Don't kick them out of your life out of revenge.  Only do that if having them in your life is too painful.  

Be the bigger person.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
Exit Plan, I know exactly what you mean on all of that.  I'm about to have a talk with my old man about what really happened at ASR.  Depending on how that goes, and I doubt it will go well, he'll either agree to make amends, or I'll be moving to another state and cutting all family ties.  In the event that I'm cutting ties, and setting out on my own at 21, I am inviting all suggestions on where I should move.  I'm looking for someplace warm, cheap, preferably liberal and non religious, with unspoiled undeveloped land, not out in the middle of nowhere, but not crammed full of people.  Good colleges are a plus as I'm considering a degree in addition to technical certifications.  I want to finish my education and find employment as a skilled metalworker in relative peace and quiet, with a slower pace of daily life.  I'm living in Long Island, so almost anything is an improvement.  Whoever pm's me with the most intriguing description of their town gets to add me to their wonderful community.  I promise to be a good neighbor, and to barbecue regularly. (I make a lot of good food and drinks.)  Wouldn't that be just super?

I assure you all that I'm quite serious.  My family situation will most likely necessitate a move in the near future, and I really don't have anywhere else to go.  Money isn't really an issue, I don't need a place to sleep, I just don't really know where to go, or where I might find a good community that fits some of the above criteria.  I figure that if anyone might know where a 21 year old punk rocker, a filthy liberal atheist whose read so many books his eyes should've popped out of his skull, whose primary interests include body modification, all kinds of art shit, musical/performing/visual/whatever.  History, philosophy and all kinds of nerdy science stuff (both scifi and actual science) general hooliganism and drunken silliness, intellectual debate, and a number of other things that most people don't put at the top of their lists, or even know about necessarily.  Since those are the kind of things that don't go over well in certain places, I'm trying to avoid moving to a town dominated by religious fundamentalism, commerce, social status type bullshit, etc.  I'm recovering from a stay in a mind control cult, my mother's recent and unexpected death, a toxic religious family environment bordering on insanity, and all the other insanity of life, and I'm trying to start over.  If anybody might have a good perspective on this, I think they're probably on this site.  So hey, let's get this thing going.  If it really sounds good, I'll visit, and if it's cool, I'll settle down.  So come on people, let's use the magic of the interweb to help me begin my exodus from Long Island, or as some call it, Orange County with seasons.

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
Man...that's a pretty tall order for a place to live GTBF...most of the criteria that you require will most likely put you somewhere with a high cost of living...but knowing that Long Island isn't cheap...I'll take a stab at offering a few suggestions.

Somewhere on the Mayan Riviera would suit me perfectly...but then we're not talking about me here...lol.

I would suggest looking into a college town...they would meet most of your requirements...it's just a matter of where.  Here's a few to ponder in no particular order. Some may seem "conservative" or even "religious" because of the state...but even in these states there are bastions of liberalism...and they are pretty much all in the college towns.

Austin TX
Lawrence KS
Columbia MO
Flagstaff AZ
Chico CA
San Luis Obispo CA

Sounds like I want you to take a roadtrip and see some places for yourself.  Hang out in each place for a few days and see what the "feel" is like.  Each of these towns/cities have their own unique flavor to them but they are all highly regarded.  Austin personally didn't do it for me...not that it was a bad place...it just didn't feel like home.

Washington & Oregon are also great places but you have to deal with the grey skies quite often and they do get cold in the winter...although not Siberia Cold.

On the topic of revenge...well...as I have said before...not my style...but since you are looking for where you might want to live (as I have been doing for the last year) I figures I'd throw in my 2c.[ This Message was edited by: OKB4RMA on 2006-02-22 17:44 ][ This Message was edited by: OKB4RMA on 2006-02-22 17:45 ]

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »
I meant to say "sounds like I want you to take a roadtrip"...thinking too hard while typing

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »
WTF...why does my thing come up different than what i type?  if I type "you need" it comes up with "I want you"

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
I know I can't have everything.  I just don't know which places have what mixture of these criteria.  I  might as well aim high until I at least know what's out there.  Thanks for the input, I'm definitely not against living in a liberal oasis in a conservative desert, or taking a roadtrip.  Time to start reading up on the towns you listed.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »
On 2006-02-22 17:48:00, OKB4RMA wrote:

"WTF...why does my thing come up different than what i type?  if I type "you need" it comes up with "I want you""

Yea, strange, it happens to me too.

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
On 2006-02-22 17:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"WTF...why does my thing come up different than what i type?  if I type "you need" it comes up with "I want you""

Yea, strange, it happens to me too."

yeah....I usually don't make such dunderhead typos...now at least I know it wasn't me.

Offline 69

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

"WTF...why does my thing come up different than what i type? if I type "you need" it comes up with "I want you""

LOL! I've noticed this with several of my posts, but just thought it was me messing up or something. Good to know it's not just me.

The body of
        Benjamin Franklin, printer,
      (Like the cover of an old book,
            Its contents worn out,
    And scripts of it's lettering and gilding)
       Lies Here, food for worms!
     Yet the work itself shall not be lost,
For it will, as he believed, appear once more
                 In a new
         And more beautiful edition,
          Corrected and amended
                By it's Author!

Epitaph for himself.

--Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790