Author Topic: Whats being done?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Whats being done?
« on: September 02, 2001, 02:17:24 AM »
Whats being done?
I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Wes Fager lately, or some of the others that I met at the conference. ( their names elude me at the moment) who were talking about organizing some sort of database on these these programs.

I have spoken to a 2 former alldredge students recently who have a pretty negative view about the program despite being highly regarded while they were there. I also was just contacted by a  Rocky Mountain Academy (CEDU) graduate from 95 who was there at the time of the '94 suicide. I keep referring these people to the trebach website and asking them to write an affadavit if they can but, I am wondering what everyone else has been up to.

From what I have seen from some the "educational consultant" msg boards, it seems CEDU is putting a lot of money into remodeling their facilities, assuming they are telling the truth, it can only mean they intend to have an even larger operation.

Just goes to show you post something on a board and you get the desired response 3 months later.

For those people like me on the board who were never in a program. I think this story is about as close as we can get, it is a long and detailed testimony about a mother's experience in the parent seminars of Teen Help which supposedly mirror the children's seminars. ( of course the parents have the ability to walk out) I personally felt sick during and after reading this, if the parents in Teen Help are treated this badly and so obviously being brainwashed, I cannot imagine what is going on at the Teen Help, concentration camps.  www.intrepidnetreporter.c...eaking.htm

Slavish discipline makes a slavish temper... If severity carry'd to the
highest pitch does prevail, and works a cure upon the present unruly
distemper, it often brings in the room of it a worse and more dangerous
disease, by breaking the mind; and then, in the place of a disorderly young
fellow, you have a low spirited moap'd creature, who, however with his
unnatural sobriety he may please silly people, who commend tame unactive
children, because they make no noise, nor give them any trouble; yet at
last, will probably prove as uncomfortable a thing to his friends, as he
will be all his life an useless thing to himself and others... Beating them,
and all other sorts of slavish and corporal punishments, are not the
discipline fit to be used in the education of those we would have wise,
good, and ingenuous men...
John Locke, 1692

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Whats being done?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »
Fundamentalist zealots
Hi Face,

I read this a few days ago, but haven't gotten a chance to respond. Mostly, I've been hitting the books (and newspapers, and usually ignored tee vee stations, and discussion forums, street-corner bullshit sessions, etc.) and struggling to elucidate the implications of recent events on our issue.

I'm pleased to see that level heads seem to be prevailing in DC for the time being, DEA and other drug law enforcement assets have been pulled off of their normal duties in order to help track down Al Qeda(sp?) cells.

OTOH, there's already rumbling from the far right along the lines of stepping up counter-drug efforts asif, somehow, now that we're under attack, we can now win the War On (people who use certain unpatentable) Drugs through force and coercion where we couldn't before.

My priority right now is to try and interject into the dialog the idea that we can no longer afford to support the purist delusions of a Drug (that they don't sell) Free anything. We MUST reverse the flow of money away from the black market thugs and into the cash registers of hard working business men who will pay taxes on these sales and who will NOT fund terrorists. 70% of adults surveyed will consistently cop to some lifetime illicit drug use. We can no longer afford to marginalize them, far less keep them in prison.

Basically, our bane, these programs and groups, are potentially the Taliban of the fundamentalist conservative factions in this country. We truely know how crazy these people are and where they're likely to lead us if our government takes counsel from them. I think we must get the word out far and wide in an effort to avert the disaster of a full blown holy war between the fundamentalist zealots of the east and our own, home grown fundamentalist zealots of the west.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Whats being done?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2001, 06:47:19 PM »
Re: Fundamentalist zealots
I agree, the CIA funded the Taliban which supported itself with Opium profits and then got 43 million from our govt to ban opium recently. You could easily write a whole book on the subject of sudden increases in illicit drug production in areas where CIA operations are occuring. The drug war definitely has to end.

Slavish discipline makes a slavish temper... If severity carry'd to the
highest pitch does prevail, and works a cure upon the present unruly
distemper, it often brings in the room of it a worse and more dangerous
disease, by breaking the mind; and then, in the place of a disorderly young
fellow, you have a low spirited moap'd creature, who, however with his
unnatural sobriety he may please silly people, who commend tame unactive
children, because they make no noise, nor give them any trouble; yet at
last, will probably prove as uncomfortable a thing to his friends, as he
will be all his life an useless thing to himself and others... Beating them,
and all other sorts of slavish and corporal punishments, are not the
discipline fit to be used in the education of those we would have wise,
good, and ingenuous men...
John Locke, 1692

All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whats being done?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »
Say it dont SPRAY IT!