Author Topic: Why doesn't someone contact Dear old Dr Phil or Oprah  (Read 3741 times)

Offline kk

• View Profile
Why doesn't someone contact Dear old Dr Phil or Oprah
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »
why doesn't someone write all this into Dr. Phil or OPrah.  I really think that if Oprah knew what was going on she would be outraged. someone should e mail her this website. Or send her a heart wrenching story of what went on at these places.  Get the story on her show.  She is powerful.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
Cuz they don't give a fucking shit about bad kids!  :wave:

Offline Day Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
I have written to Oprah, It was posted on her forums in numerous places. The amazing part is, I never got a response to the emails, and Every single tasteful post I made on her forum was removed w/i 24 hours w/o explanation. Oprah doesn't give a care about this at all. She would rather pretend like she never promoted any of these programs. Yet, my parents sent me to Straight to be violently abused and psychologically mangled, after seeing the show Oprah did about Straight long ago.

Dr.Phil is one of the most out-of-touch people on TV today. He is completely all for "warehousing teens" Sick, sick man.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »
Yep, sad to say, but you just fell for their marketing scam is all. People really think these TV stars are into helping people. TV talk shows such as theirs have probably been responsible for more innocent teens sent to boot camps than anyone else.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
Dr. Phil regularly SENDS kids to these places.  Provo Canyon to be specific.  He's Oprah's protege (or the other way around).  Neither one will do anything.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »
Dr Phils is a NIGGER

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
Last Thursday Dr. Phil helped track down a runaway teen (16 years old almost 17) who was living with her boyfriend and seemed to be doing fine on her own. They dragged her onto the show and then Dr. Phill suggested she be sent to Copper Canyon Academy, they even had one of the directors from CCA there to explain "how wonderful" the program is. He said they would be doing a follow up show on her, probably to show them dragging her to the program and how it is changing her life for the better.  uggghh

So yah, I don't think you'll have much luck with him, I'm a little more disappointed with Oprah not stepping up and bringing light to this issue though.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »
On 2006-02-11 14:17:00, kk wrote:

"why doesn't someone write all this into Dr. Phil or OPrah.  I really think that if Oprah knew what was going on she would be outraged. someone should e mail her this website. Or send her a heart wrenching story of what went on at these places.  Get the story on her show.  She is powerful."

Dear kk,

What ever happened to your son you had placed at Aspen Ranch? Where is he now???
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline kk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »
He is at home.
 I just was not comfortable sending him away to any school.
 His Psychiatrist has a great new Therapist that he sees, we are in family counseling, and he is being wiened off of the Seraqol, and it is being replaced with Wellbutrin.  The Seraqol made him a slug.  I rather have him combative then have him lay around the house with no personality!
He is doing well at the High School, he is on a 504, he is very bright, intelect was never the problem. He shows no motivation to drive yet, he will be 17 soon.  He still swears at me but, I try to be calm and figure out what is bothering him, it doesn't esculate past that stage.
He seems a little happier.  He is not fighting with his brothers, he is studying for his ACT's.
He is back in Japanese Physics on the Forensics Team will be on the Debate Team in the Spring.
Sorry, I am going on.  
He is doing as well as can be expected for a kid that has been Dx'd with OCD, Anxiety Disorder, HFA, Bi-Polar etc!

Thanks for asking.

Offline kk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »
I didn't know where to put this, it was just wierd.  I'm still in contact with a lot of the parents of kids at Aspen Ranch and am on the Aspen Parent Web site so, I posted this web site and also a site that showed all the lawsuits against Theraputic Boarding Schools.  Some guy really started to hassel me on my
e mail asking what my agenda was and who was I.  I repeated that I was a parent of a child that was unfortunately at Aspen and that I wish I had all this information before I made the decsion that I made.  That we are all, hopefully intelligent, and that I was just providing information for people to do with they wanted with it.  That my motives were pure and that I just was trying to help.  He really tried to scare me.  It was strange.  The other people on the site could read my response and they were proud of my response but it gave me the creeps.  That's all.  Just wanted to share

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
Keep doing what you are doing. Don't be scared. Where is this site? How do we get to it?

Offline kk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 06:43:00 AM »
I'm not real computer savy, so I don't know how to get it to you from my computer but it's yahoo groups aspenparents you just go to yahoo and e mail aspenparents-owner@yahoogroups and say you are a parent of a kid at Aspen Ranch and you want to be in the forum.  It is not a real busy forum, I started it up again when I was at parent week, but not to many people are on it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »
Dr. Phil speaks program talk all the time, it creeps me out - I can't even watch him.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »
Well, if anybody thinks it's worth $21.12 to find out, try sending Oprah a copy of Maia Szalavitz's Help At Any Cost

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/10IX1P54PI9JE

Faith is believing something you know ain't true.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »
Is it just me? Or did that Yahoo group dissapear? They can't stands the lightsez, prescious!

Never in the history of any nation has an education system been so on the point of disintegration and decay as the education system in this country...We know that education in this country is as bad as it can be.  We know that it is old-fashioned, irrelevant, and not meaningful.
--U.S. Senator Abraham A. Ribicoff, 1970

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes