Author Topic: Islam Cartoons  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »
Ok, so I can somewhat understand the anger directed towards the Danish newspaper for publishing those cartoons depicting Mohammed (or however you spell that). It's against their religion to portray him. That I can understand. Maybe the paper shouldn't have done that, but they did. Nothing they or the people who are so angry about can do now. It's done.

What I can not understand is why the hell the people have turned against the Danish government. Like they had anything to do with what is published in newspapers. It's not their fault. So why all the anger at the government. And I was just waiting for this to turn into a whole big debacle, and it has. Now they are saying that it's somehow Americas fault. That we are the leader of the West and that we shouldn't allow things like this to happen.

Well fuck that. I'm serious. How the hell is any of this our fault?! We didn't publish the pictures. Hell, even our newspapers won't publish them out of respect for the religion of Islam. I mean seriously, people, get a grip. So some asshole in the Neatherlands or whatever drew some pictures of your spiritual leader with a bomb for a turbin. So what! Isn't there some element of truth in that picture? Isn't the stereotype at the moment that all Muslims are terrorists. It sure seems that way. So maybe this is a correct depitcion of how Islam is viewed in the "West."

Take a long hard look at this situation. Is it worth getting killed over? Is it worth killing someone over? No. Is any of this shit that goes on in the Middle East worth all thr trouble people go through. No. But out of all the reasons to be so upset about something, this is by far the worst one yet.

IT'S A FUCKING CARTOON!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »
I heard ya man! I've been ranting about it for a couple days now over in this thread ...

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... orum=32&17

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »
Clearly we're seeing the ugly face of fundamentalism.   Wow, they are really mad, and can't seem to take a joke!  

Does anyone really think these people are ready for a "democracy"?
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »
The Arabic Muslims are the children of Ishmael. It was foretold to his mother Hagar, he and his line would be like the wild ass of the deserts - with his hand against every man, and every man's hand against him - but that they would live near their brethren - the children of Sarah's son, Isaac, the Jews.

I think wild asses is a perfect description of these people.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »
On 2006-02-09 13:03:00, bandit1978 wrote:

"http://select.nytimes.com/2006/02/09/opinion/09brooks.html?hp
"

ack ... they want me to register!  :lol:

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »
Oh, shit.  I'm sorry!
egan Flynn
RN

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »
Online NY Times used to be free to all.  Now you have to pay for most articles, but it's cool cause if you are a subscriber, you can search for and access any old articles from their paper- up to 100 per month!  

Frank Rich is my favorite op-ed writer.  But he's on an extended break now, to write a book.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 01:45:00 AM »
Seems to me that one of the obsticles to peace and tolerance is that we judge what we don't understand.  Why can't one man gather what another man spills ??  Why does the man who is spilling need to condemn the man who is gatherin ?? and vice versa ??  My friend, Fred says to me: "The first law of anthropology is make no moral judgement".  Which I take to mean if you want to understand a people throw away all your prejudice, otherwise you will only see a reflection of yourself.  This world is in serious trouble.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »
Does anyone know if the the Muslim cartoonist
make fun of others?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
On 2006-02-10 06:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Does anyone know if the the Muslim cartoonist

make fun of others?"

The right-wing danish paper held a contest for cartoons of Muhammed. Out of about 40 regular cartoonists, only about 9 took the offer, and only 3 of them actually made serious political satire with their cartoons, the ones that have been deemed offensive. These cartoonists knew crazy muslims might try to kill them, and they did it anyways. Bravo to them. The west should not allow crazy religious cults to dictate what can and can't be said. Why the other cartoonists refuse to poke fun at Muhammed like they do every other political and religious figure is obvious... they know a lot of Muslims are fanatics.

I'd say, unless these cartoonists have made a living exlusively poking fun at Mohammed, then yes, they have made fun of others. Isn't that their job??

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »
Again, I ask...who thinks these people are ready for democracy??  Only an ethno-centric idiot would think so.  

Look how these people react to a free press!  As for "free elections"-  look at that nut who runs Iran!  

Saddam doesn't look so bad now, does he...
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »
Their culture and minds are clearly not ready for "freedom" which means letting people do things you dont like and saying things you dont like, granted it doesnt actually hurt you.

Letting people hurt you isnt freedom, its stupidity - and sitting idle while these fantical Muslims are CLEARLY looking for any excuse to get self rightous, mad, and have a jihad is stupid.

*Groan* frankly, striking a deal w/ saddam to benefit economically would have been better. It seems that when you have a primitive culture you need primitive means to keep them in line.

Yeah, Im jaded! But hey, we gotta worry about ourselves, here, and those 400 or so abu ghraibs with children in them right now, not some anachronistic culture that we only care about because they happen to control an essential resource the whole world relies on.

Never in the history of any nation has an education system been so on the point of disintegration and decay as the education system in this country...We know that education in this country is as bad as it can be.  We know that it is old-fashioned, irrelevant, and not meaningful.
--U.S. Senator Abraham A. Ribicoff, 1970

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Islam Cartoons
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »
Can you imagine in fifty years...

Teacher: "And that is how World War III started class."

Student: "Why would people kill other people over a cartoon, I don't understand...?"

Teacher: "Neither do we Timmy, neither do we."