Author Topic: LET'S STAGE A PROTEST!!!!  (Read 16023 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
LET'S STAGE A PROTEST!!!!
« on: January 24, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »
I'm totally serious. I really don't care which one of these places we stage it at??? I'm thinking it needs to be one that will get us the most attention. A state that allows us to protest...I'd hate to be arrested.......as much as I love the cuffs......I hate the cells. J/K I have had enough of that! Who would seriously consider doing this? I'm thinking sometime in March......???

I'd love to hear your thoughts! If anything it would be a great party!!!!!!  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »
Alright fine!!! But, it sounded fun! :smile:

We do need to make a stand. Sooner or later......... or else it will continue to just go on and on.

I'm not going to be old, and gray typing on this keyboard of mine........you all do need to do something!!!

Is it the money issue?

Taking the time off from real life?

Kids are suffering.

Think about it.

I'd like to have a commitment from 50 people. I'm not going to show up there all alone.

What are you doing in March????
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »
Interesting idea.  I think most states/cities will allow protests and picketing if you follow their guidelines, which may include an application, staying in certain areas, signs complying with specific size regulations, etc.  Going to a Parent Seminar site might be effective.....

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »
Hmmm.........interesting :smile: anybody out there want to share with me what the schedule is like for them in March? No WWASPies trying to fool me, I will check on dates, and times, and places!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »
Hey CCM, your idea is sound and should be very effective IMHO. Especially if it brings media attention to the issue. I don't have enough (any) money to travel all around the US going to protests and taking time off work, but they do hold parent seminars in a city fairly close to me, along with other cities around the country. I would most certainly show up for a protest of this. I'm sure the hotel's legitimate guests will be surprised they are sharing a hotel with a bunch of cult-LGAT-teen-jailers.

I will PM you sometime in the near future, as I don't want to discuss details on the board. I'm sure WWASP and other groups would love access to this information. If other people are willing to get serious, I am too. It's been long enough and these places are doing better than ever. I do think we need to keep in mind this board is browsed by "the other side" and they might use the counter-intelligence information to somehow disrupt the protest or even prevent it from happening. Unlikely, but a possibility.

Great idea CCM, keep it going!  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
Also I suggest posting this on the WWASP myspace group boards. Fornits does not have nearly the amount of ex-prisoners from WWASP as those groups seem to.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »
I want to thank everyone for your interest....and I think it is a good idea to keep emailing me privately with suggestions on where to hold these protests. It would be good to keep the thread alive...to inform people that we are serious, and need their help.

I am sympathetic to the fact not everyone is rolling in $$$$$.....and it may be hard for everone to come up with the cash to do this. But, try and not think about that part of it!

We are here, because we want to make a difference in the world! And we can't do it by sitting at home or work just talking/typing about it.

I hope you all are having a beautiful day out there! And as your thinking about how great life is (because it is), think about all of those teens that are currently at WWASPS and other programs like it who can't leave, and go outside to take a brisk walk, and smell the freshness of the air, and to hear the sounds of life.

They are in desperate need of our help! I can't do it alone, and I look forward to the day when we can all come together, and make a difference.

Peace,

CCM girl

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
I think this is a great idea. To bring a few hundred people into one of the small towns where WWASP has a facility and form a group of people who can help educate the community with signs and banners. It doesn?t necessarily have to be on the edge of the facility, just somewhere in town. We just need to be louder than the money coming from this twisted organization, and if us being present in these small towns is what it takes than I say we make it happen!

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
It is a good idea.  Just two of the girls from VCA (where I went) protested outside the place about a year ago.  It made the Pensacola news, which was pretty big.  VCA is in a smaller town outside Pensacola called Jay.  Anyway, the story is all over the internet now.  Two days after the protest, a couple of girls were pulled.  

They did the protest during Thansgiving weekend, because they knew parents would be there.  If the place you want to protest has a graduation, you should maybe do it then.  Or, if you're set on March, maybe Easter weekend.  Whenever you think parents will be there.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »
You all have great ideas..............and the one that I heard that was the best of them all was sent to me in a private email. I don't want to share it on here..........but if you are interested........let me know!

It's tough though, as much as I have been warned of them checking this site.......they can pretend to be whomever they want! They'd find out sooner or later I believe.

I love that there are those of you willing to come out and represent :smile:!!! Hey, it would be a good time! For a good cause too!!!!

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »
I heard that there were a number of former WWASPS inmates that belonged to myspace......so I joined! I think I am the oldest one there though?!!

Good times! Hahaha!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/45609944

[ This Message was edited by: CCM girl 1989 on 2006-01-25 22:23 ][ This Message was edited by: CCM girl 1989 on 2006-01-30 08:20 ]

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
I want you to stage a protest where the parents will see it

Find out where theyre going for a seminar and stage a protest (or rent a convention hall near) where theyre going to have one.

Also, be as disruptive of the seminar as you POSSIBLY fucking can, especially with loud music  :lol:

It is fear that first brought Gods into the world.
--Gallus Petronius, 1st Century Roman courtier

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »
On 2006-01-25 22:17:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

"I heard that there were a number of former WWASPS inmates that belonged to myspace......so I joined! I think I am the oldest one there though?!!

Good times! Hahaha!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/45609944

Yes, they are from my wedding........sorry I did not have any more recent saved to disk!

[ This Message was edited by: CCM girl 1989 on 2006-01-25 22:23 ]"

No you're not.  :wave:

--

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
Hello everyone!

With the technical difficulties yesterday with the site here I wasn't able to post.

I am talking to different people out there that have a lot of good ideas on where, and how to stage the protest.

I am thinking it might take a little more time then I thought to get things in order! I haven't decided if March will still be the best time?

I also believe that if the folks from WWASPS really want to find out where and when we are going to protest they will. So, I don't think we need to tip toe around. I think this should be a open discussion.

Besides, how are you supposted to get the word out, and get people involved if you aren't talking/advertising the protest? So, basically let you ideas be known!

I hope you guys had a great week, and that you have some fun things planned for the weekend! Please don't forget about the thousands of kids that are in these programs, who aren't as fortunate to have the same freedoms as us.

Take Care,

Miranda

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »
What are you protesting?  Being in a program?
CCMGirl - why wait so long - what's stopping you?  All I want you to do is SHOW UP and whatever happens, happens!  Aren't there enough people ready to do the same thing?  Seems like there would be based on what this forum says.
 :wink: