Author Topic: Stoughton - A question for "Staff/Old Comers"  (Read 33662 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stoughton - A question for "Staff/Old Comers"
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »
I was there I would know you
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2006, 02:21:00 AM »
but I doubt you actually met or knew hippie or Dean.

Why would you doubt that??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2006, 02:41:00 AM »
come again ???  mutherfucker...I know you and your sister.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2006, 02:47:00 AM »
I know you and your sister and I can't believe you would come around here and expect any less than to realize your ignorance and beg for understanding...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2006, 02:55:00 AM »
get real...for your own sake...

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »
On 2006-02-06 23:15:00, Paul_Meyer wrote:

Why do some posters to these forums seek to spew hate and venom about people they didn't actually have any personal knowledge of?  It's gets a bit "urban legend" at times."

A bit off topic on my part....but I could not let this comment go without a response.....

Some of us 'spew' hate and venom about people we DO have personal knowledge about, or rant anger about wrongs/crimes committed against us by Straight. YES I SAID CRIMES!

I was not in VA, but was in cincy....I have ranted as you describe cause I have every right to be angry.....I was one who never did drugs and was kidnapped by Straight....yes I said kidnapped.....my experience is hardly an 'urban legend,' but rather its my reality. You assume that we 'spew' hate and venom about things or people we knew nothing about. This is NOT the case. I think you should stop to consider that we have damn good reason for our angry rants which we DO have personal knowledge about. This is true of VA, Cincy, St. Pete, etc....all straight survivors.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
On 2006-02-06 23:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
but I doubt you actually met or knew hippie or Dean.

Why would you doubt that?? "

Again, why would you doubt this? I knew Dean. He was on staff for the entire time that I was in VA str8. He was one of the most (if not THE most) abusive "staffer" to ever set foot in that place. I was there from late 1982 to 1985. Ask anyone who was in there then & they'll tell you the same thing about him. There is no 'urban legend' in this case, Paul. He deserves every bit of hatred and venom that gets spewed from people here, and then some. That guy was a complete prick to just about everyone, unless they happened to be one of "Dean's boys."   :lol: That is, guys that he favored...

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »
I sound "program" to you? No offense or harping semantics intended, those words simply seemed more appropriate than Vile Oppressors, innocent victims, Servants of the Beast, "ass sniffers" etc. I've seen them used in these forums, but I don't.

I will say that I'm sorry for busting your balls here. No, I wouldn't want or expect you to go to that extreme..it's just that hearing words like "phaser" flow so easily off the tongue makes me cringe a little bit..anyway, carry on..

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »
Paul, do you seriously believe your version of events? The way you tell it, only Hip was messed up in that place while you and the rest of his longsuffering 'friends' tried endlessly to 'help' him see the light. Poor, poor hard workin' ill-used staff! Boo fucking hoo!

See, there are holes in your story. You're stating as fact things you couldn't possibly know. You do sound like you're still in the Program and lovin' it!  ::puke::

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Lost_In_Translation

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »
Hey Starry,
Sorry Man, but I wasn't talking to you.  

Frank D. had a legitimate post, and deserved a response.    

Hippie knows me.  I read his posts and responded to him.  I don't come here often, and didn't realize that responding with a private message was an option.  Hippie, check your PM.  What you said was low, and lies.  You could have said terrible stuff about me that was true,  but your lies made you look what, cooler?  More in control?  For who?  You've got my number and e-mail.  I'm still waiting for your call.

Starry, If I want you to "confront me",  let me know who you are.  If I owe you a personal amends, you'll get it.  That's "program" talk - steps Eight and Nine.

We confessed to the group, not the person we harmed.  I don't confess to the group anymore.  
They didn't have steps 8-12, remember? Why not?  I think it was changed to create a perverse sort of tribe.  Unity by mutual shame.  Tribalism.  Us vs. Them.  Insiders vs. Outsiders.  It's called groupthink, herd mentality, mob-rules, "Group", mind-control.   It's been used on populations since we wore skins and lived in caves.  Straight didn't invent it, they didn't even do a very good job of it.  Good Lord, they sucked at it!  Who believes any of it anymore?

Wasn't their message in it's simplest form:
"If you aren't with us, you're against us?"  
Isn't that what they are saying still?

Are some here saying that now?

If you hate what Straight did to you then, don't practice that behavior here now.  I've posted in the past, and each time, angry people who don't identify themselves go nuts with anger - it's
like cyber-review.  I reject that option.

I'll talk with anyone who wants to talk.  I won't yell.  Or swear. Or get in anyone's face.  Ridicule, shame, anger, xenophobia, those weapons are used by people interested in Control.  And those who are still in the grasp of that place.

Cincinnati, my cousin went into cincy first. He was seriously damaged by that place.  We can't even talk about it.  My sister and I into VA second and third.  It was a family affair.

We all have a right to say our thing on these forums, but based on the dates we were all there, most of us must be pushing 40.  Why do so many posts on this site appear like they are written by teens?  Didn't we get any older?

Hating Dean won't make it better. Hating anybody won't.  Hate is a control mechanism.  It limits independent thinking.  Whoever fabricated that yahoo page of "Dean", that's not him.  That's not even his photo.  He'd be 46 years old now.  Years ago ('92?) I faced him, said my piece.  I didn't get the response I was looking for, but I didn't do it for him.  I got it over with.  Saying it in these forums instead would not have worked for me.

People have sought me out for the same reason.  I get it.  If what I want you to unload is mine to own, I'll own it.  Happy to help.  Apologies will be made, personally - not in cyber-group.

If you read some scary story about me third hand, written by some anonymous poster in chat room scrawl, and want to know if it's true, don't bother to ask.  If it involved you, send a Private Message.    

If you want your experiences to be taken seriously, to make people aware, speak in a reasonable tone.  Nobody believes what a raving lunatic says.  If a woman screams for help in an alley, most people won't even look.  If she yells fire, people come running.  At least they'll sniff for smoke or look for a fire.

The people who turned it into an industry will probably never pay.  Not Sembler, he's an Ambassador now.  Diplomatic Immunity laws are in effect, here and abroad.  Does anyone else find that an enormous coincidence?  Too many self assured people of power would need to have changes of heart, and give up thier investment money for that ever to happen.  

I won't hate because they want me too.  
The Best Vengeance is a life well lived.

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »
NonconformistLaw,

I respect your right to rant about your experience. I'll believe you when you do.
I respect your right to rant about anyone who you personally witnessed being cruel, inhumane or worse.  It happened.  

It's the third party stuff I don't understand.  
Do you respect the right of anyone, to say anything about anyone else on these forums?  I know it's the first amendment and all.  I believe we have the right, but that doesn't make it the correct thing to do.

I don't know if passing along a story from this guy, who knows this other guy, who heard this girl say that someone else did this awful thing.  Hence my reference to "urban legend".

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »
You fuckin' hypocrite! You came on here trying, however lamely, to trash Hip. He's got a right to tell his story, even if you're in it, even if you don't care for his style. You can refute it if you want to or not. But I have to say, you're doing a piss poor job of convincing anybody that you're not still into the kool aid up to your eyebrows.

Yeah, we are getting old. We're the grown ups now. It's our right and our duty take these sadistic lunatics out of public office and off the public dole. If you're too pussy to even try, well that's your problem.

A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special

--Nelson Mandela

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »
On 2006-02-07 10:48:00, Paul_Meyer wrote:

I don't know if passing along a story from this guy, who knows this other guy, who heard this girl say that someone else did this awful thing. Hence my reference to "urban legend".

Psssst! How did you come to "know" about hip's alleged drug use and other "concerns"?

The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure.
-- Albert Einstein

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
You're right, I should have contacted him off-line.  I didn't even know it was an option, until after I hit send.  I should never hit send when I'm still angry.  He may remember it differently than I do.  He was insane.  Pete lost it next, then Kevin and Mike split.  I left wondering what the hell had just happened.

We were friends for years.  I guess I was hip's "ass-sniffer."  Kevin G. first, then me.  
I was there. Material witness, accessory after the fact. It should remain buried.  His mom called me after he was fired.  I lied to her.

Don't ask me, ask him.  It's not about the money.  I didn't look for him in Harvard Square.  I was looking for someone else.

Twenty years have passed, are you that same person?

As for begging forgiveness, I've done it.  In '85 from kids I lost it on.  In '86 when I quit.  From Hippie, Pete B. parents, siblings.  At concerts, on beaches, from friends, enemies, people who didn't care.  On these forums too.  Clergy, shrinks, sponsors. I can't really handle sponsors. Lingering fear of "oldcomers", I suspect.

I called in to a couple of Radio Shows when W Bush funded religious self-help groups.  A.M. radio and NPR.  Told some stories - "who watches the guards" stuff.  Big mistake.

I worked for the Democratic National Committee for a few months.  If you want to fight the system join the system, right?  Great research tools, if you want to follow the money.  Check the 503b's and 503c's.  I quit/was fired.  

I run into people that remember me.  If you sat up on that stool, people remember.  

Understanding?  I don't understand it.  I can look back and see how wrong it all was.  Why didn't I then?  Fear, probably.  Ego, definitely.  A desire to help, maybe.  I thought that my being older made me somehow wiser.  I was wrong.

I've been told "it's not your fault".  A lot of it wasn't, but some of it was.  Always will be.  

I think that I believed if I could just be a good enough person, I could make it better. That's a common belief among victims turned abusers.  It's why battered wives return.  
I'm not sure.