Author Topic: Stoughton - A question for "Staff/Old Comers"  (Read 33650 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Stoughton - A question for "Staff/Old Comers"
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »
Don't mention it, darlin. No really, don't, please. Just talk w/ yer feetsies.

A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.
http://memory.loc.gov/const/fed/fed_46.html' target='_new'>James Madison, The Federalist No. 46

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »
My "feetsies"?? please elaborate!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »
Ok, foots if you prefer. :razz:

The worst government is the most moral. One composed of cynics
is often very tolerant and human. But when fanatics are on top,
there is no limit to oppression.

--H.L. Mencken

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
On 2006-02-05 14:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Boy i wish i could use drugs. no weed to watch the seahawks beat the fuck out of the steelers. seven points will be the win. "

::crybaby::  ::crybaby::   ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::  ::both::  ::both::

Offline Lost_In_Translation

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
Still A Hippie:
Glad to know you're still alive, and doing so "well". Glad to see you've matured and moved on.  I hadn't given your costly self-implosion much thought recently, until some fellow forum members sent your rant my way.  I started to write about all the disturbing and innapropriate crap that you did, but erased it, simply because all that nonsense belongs in the past.  However, If you want to sling some shit about people you used to call friends, I can oblige.

I hope you've managed to get some counseling or some other help since 1986, but it doesn't sound like it.  Straight might have had control of you for a while, but what you've done for the past twenty years, well, you own that.

I guess you must have really been traumatized by that place.  First as a phaser, then as a seven-stepper, and eventually as an evil-battling staff member.  Thank God for selfless, courageous and principled people like you who fought "the man" by becoming the man.  No hipocracy in your story.  Let's recap your posts in a more honest light:

You begged to be a staff member!  You lacked the courage to ask on your own, so you had your mother kiss Mel Riddle's ass for you.  The Springfield folks didn?t want to hire you,   so they asked us and we said OK.  They told you the only opening available was in Boston.  They hoped you'd drop it, seeing as how you'd never actually held a full time job or lived away from home except while in St. Pete, but you took the position, promising to get a haircut and attempt some mimimal level of professional conduct when in the building.  Unfortunately, you couldn't do it.  Getting up on time, paying your bills, cleaning, laundry and cooking were not skills you had learned while living with your parents through your mid-twenties.

If you remember something I did, or someone else did that still bothers you, strap on your courage and look them up.  Or maybe you should have your mom call.

You wanted to be "Straight's hippie messiah".  Problem was, in 1986 you were a self important fraud.  Once anyone got to know you, they were on to you.  You lied so much and so often to so many, that we all stopped believing everything you said.  Your post makes it sound like we suddenly all betrayed you.  That's a lie.  It took months for you to borrow, steal and screw over every person you came in contact with, inside straight, AA or outside.  We asked you to move out after two jobless months because you were increasingly erratic and disturbed.  You had transitioned from being a loopy, but harmless goof-off to a rightous, ranting exploiter of newly sober young people.  You messed with a lot of people's minds, both in Straight and AA.  Whining about your unfair firing and rejection by your friends in this forum dishonors you, and the memories of the dead friends whose funerals we have attended since.

I don't remember any rebellion when you left.  You were only on staff five weeks.  How many days did you actually work? Maybe 25?  The Stoughton group only had 70-80 people then, and 60% were on higher phases.  How many did you say good-bye to just before the "riot"?  Couldn't have been more than 35-40 tops.  It wasn't the epic saga of selfless hippy counseler vs. evil co-workers you'd like it re-remember it as.  

I can't recall you ever leading a rap session solo, but you might have.  We kept pairing you up with someone to keep you from blabbering on for 10 minutes at a time about your "Jerry Garcia connection", or some other "I'm so cool" topic while unimpressed newcomers picked thier fingernails.  Your fake hippie transparency was as clear to them as it was to us.  I still live here, don't kid yourself.

Blame me that you were fired.  I spoke to Jim Murray and Sylvia Kolker personally about my concerns.  I wanted to help my friend.  See, I was cool with you letting your freak flag fly, but I was not cool with you carelessly messing with people's minds.  Seriously, you were way more  innapropriate around newcomers, especially young girls, than some ?true believers?.  

I do remember feeling sorry that you were fired.  I stopped feeling sorry for you though, the moment you told me you got revenge by urinating in that person's office.  I hope you don't work in fast food.

I didn't believe you were using your bong for tobacco.  I thought you were getting high.  In my apartment, that you were living in, rent free. While you went to AA meetings and worked in a drug rehab with young kids.  

Now that I know it was all a well crafted scheme of ultimate revenge, and not a stupid series of incredibly selfish, immature, irresponsible, self-destructive errors, I guess I should be upset all over again, right?  Hardly.  

I paid your debts because you used my word and my name to run up those bills and screw those people. It's funny now.  We've laughed about it.  Mike Kirsch and I were talking about you as we drove the Autobahn in his BMW 7 series.  We were on our way to an International Software Conference that the company I own produced in Cologne.  

I realized a long time ago that your behavior was not something I needed to understand or justify.  When you called to apologize a year after you took off, I told you I forgave you, and the best revenge you could have on Straight was creating a life that is well-lived.  I  hope you are doing well, and that the badly spelled rant you posted here is not an indication of your current situation.

It was a messed up place, no question.  However, you did little or nothing to make it better.  In fact, you made it worse.  

See, we all did stuff we weren't proud of while we were there.  I know I did, and I've said so on these forums.  After 20+ years, how dare you keep whining "not me, I'm still a victim, no guilt on me".  There's no apology in these forum pages from you.  Stop deceiving yourself.  It's cowardly and shameful.  Stop writing homophobic nonsense like a vengeful skinhead teenager.  You're over 40 years old.  If you have any long hair left, it?s gray and falling out.  It was falling out in ?86, same as me.

Over the years I've met staffers, phasers, cop-outs and siblings.  I?ve been to weddings, baptisms, and funerals.   We share a common experience born of personal tragedy that most of us have overcome.  Only a limited few remain defined by that single time of their lives.  It's almost like what combat vets share.  We have a common language and experiences that outsiders can only imagine.  I'm still sober, and don't care whether anyone on these forums is or not.  I was over 18 when I signed myself in, so any baggage I carry is mine and I own it.  I remember a thousand faces, almost all of them are from 20 years ago.  I know what about a dozen people are up to.  My nightmares have stopped, and the time for apologies is long over.  I hope those of us that made it through continue to use these forums as a way to connect, heal and move on, not like a Beavis and Butt-head revenge rant.  But hey,  it?s your program.

Regards,

Paul Meyer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »
Hey Paul, check your private message function.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »
I have to say that it is cool to watch full circle happen on the internet twenty years later. Would love to see more posts from people that have done stuff with their lives.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »
Paul has most certianly taken a Funster trip to Wally world too! I bet it was Fun! and full of other St8lings!
Be careful! Wallygator bites! :wave:

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »
Stop writing homophobic nonsense like a vengeful skinhead teenager.

Sorry, but I don't think that hippie was being "homophobic" when he was referring to Dean Mistretta...Dean is as queer as a 3 dollar bill, and he probably manifested this at times back then as well...wouldn't be at all surprised..

Offline teachback

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »
Over the years I've met staffers, phasers
Not to harp on semantics, but you sound pretty fuckin' "program" here...

tragedy that most of us have overcome. Only a limited few remain defined by that single time of their lives.
Says who? What makes you think that you know enough to say that? Where do you get your stats?

I was over 18 when I signed myself in, so any baggage I carry is mine and I own it.
Well unfortunately many of us didn't sign ourselves in, Paul...most of us were under 18, and some of us didn't even use drugs! (I'm not one of them.)

I know what about a dozen people are up to.
Hence your aforementioned 'stats'...thought so.

I hope those of us that made it through continue to use these forums as a way to connect, heal and move on, not like a Beavis and Butt-head revenge rant.
It doesn't really matter what you hope, does it?

But hey, it?s your program.

I guess that was supposed to be funny..?   :roll:

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »
Paul M&yers ??? brother of Barbar%...??? Huh ???
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2006, 01:29:00 AM »
No, pirate- there's no 's' at the end.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »
O.K. so there's no 's' at the end.   Paul and Barbara,... you are staff I remember...and not appreciatively either...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2006, 02:09:00 AM »
i'm sorry, you were correct...
(there's no 's' at the end of barbara's last name either)

Offline Lost_In_Translation

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2006, 02:15:00 AM »
Frank, I don't think I know you, and doubt that you know me.  I knew Hippie and Dean for years.  
I guess if you had to guess which of them was gay in 1986, it wouldn't have been Dean. By '89 though...

In any case, I make no claim to the moral high ground.  I don't have any stats.  I've heard rumors about a lot of people, but don't trust what I don't know for certain.  Hard to Trust, know what I mean?

Why do some posters to these forums seek to spew hate and venom about people they didn't actually have any personal knowledge of?  It's gets a bit "urban legend" at times.  If you were in VA from '85 to '87, we might have known each other, but I doubt you actually met or knew hippie or Dean. You might have seen them standing in back, or heard them speak.  If so, let's hear it.

Tell me about your personal experience of these two people.  It's been 20 years, I can't possibly trust my own memory.  

I sound "program" to you?  No offense or harping semantics intended, those words simply seemed more appropriate than  Vile Oppressors, innocent victims, Servants of the Beast, "ass sniffers" etc.  I've seen them used in these forums, but I don't.  

Take sides before you know who someone posting anonymously actually is.  Believe them, if you want.  Just don't call them friend, loan them money or leave them alone with small children.

I was friends with both of them.  We all believed.  We drifted apart as we each woke up and freaked out in our own ways.   Our friendship was only based on having Straight in common.  How else could it have turned out?