Eudora
« on: January 22, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
Hey, why the new name?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »
click the link in her sig line.  think that explains it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Eudora
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »
Like it?  :em:

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there;  lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid.  She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again---and that is well;  but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'> Mark Twain

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »
Hi Eudora,  I have noticed on many threads some frustration, by others, trying to keep track of which ?Anon? is which during a discussion.  I was thinking that maybe if an extra field were added to show an ID # .  Maybe this could be as simple as a table number where IP numbers are stored.  When someone logs in or comes in the system looks for an IP match and assigns their ID # if the person is new they are added to the IP table and assigned a number.
This may help to cut down on Trolling, flame wars, keeping discussions honest etc. but still maintain anonymity.

I am not familiar with html, so this may be a huge design change.  Just a thought.  It would be a helpful addition.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »
Oh, there's been lots and lots of discussion along these lines, Who. Every time I'm almost convinced that I should limit anon posting, something comes along to remind me what it really is worth.

Just search on anon posting or troll in these forums and see what I'm talking about.

Here's a pretty good current discusion on that:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... orum=43&75

T'is an ill wind that blows no minds.
--Syadasti

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 09:47:00, TheWho wrote:

"Hi Eudora,  I have noticed on many threads some frustration, by others, trying to keep track of which ?Anon? is which during a discussion.  I was thinking that maybe if an extra field were added to show an ID # .  Maybe this could be as simple as a table number where IP numbers are stored.  When someone logs in or comes in the system looks for an IP match and assigns their ID # if the person is new they are added to the IP table and assigned a number.

This may help to cut down on Trolling, flame wars, keeping discussions honest etc. but still maintain anonymity.

I am not familiar with html, so this may be a huge design change.  Just a thought.  It would be a helpful addition.

"

Eudora, I've noticed that The Who is a genuine moron.  Can we label his posts "moron"?

Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »
On 2006-04-14 14:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-13 09:47:00, TheWho wrote:

"Hi Eudora,  I have noticed on many threads some frustration, by others, trying to keep track of which ?Anon? is which during a discussion.  I was thinking that maybe if an extra field were added to show an ID # .  Maybe this could be as simple as a table number where IP numbers are stored.  When someone logs in or comes in the system looks for an IP match and assigns their ID # if the person is new they are added to the IP table and assigned a number.

"

Eudora, I've noticed that The Who is a genuine moron.  Can we label his posts "moron"?

Thanks."

Why is that such a bad idea?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »
"Why is that such a bad idea?"

Because the forum will be as slow as strugglingtrolls.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »
On 2006-04-16 11:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

""Why is that such a bad idea?"

Because the forum will be as slow as strugglingtrolls."

Na, just treat it like everyone has a avatar.  Sure would help conversations move smoother and reduce trolling, flaming

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »
whats wrong with a hash thats indecipherable for the anons to use?

YOU still know their IP addresses and hostmasks, Ginger. We just want some way to tell one baghead from another.

Even having an account allows for anonymous posting... nobody knows TheWhos name now do they?  :lol:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »
Try a beta test for a week (then you can take it down if people go nuts), add a field

Just add a number that is tied to their IP in some table of IP numbers.

See what happens, if everyone hates it you can blame me and then ban me for a week for coming up with a stupid idea and/or force me to debate against all TBS?s for 1 week.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »
As I said, I don't even need to do this in order to think it through. It wouldn't work. Many people don't have static IP addresses. They use dialup, hit it from several locations or use proxies. Come on, man! Aren't you the data guy? You ought to know the difference between reliable and unreliable indicators.

Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Eudora
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
On 2006-05-05 05:21:00, Eudora wrote:

"As I said, I don't even need to do this in order to think it through. It wouldn't work. Many people don't have static IP addresses. They use dialup, hit it from several locations or use proxies. Come on, man! Aren't you the data guy? You ought to know the difference between reliable and unreliable indicators.

Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"
No, didnt know that, thought everyone had a unique number, based on location/provider.  Just a suggestion