Author Topic: sexual misconduct  (Read 15346 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2007, 09:55:58 PM »
not like u can complain to ur parents or any1 else there
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2007, 08:04:42 AM »
Butt-fuckers always tryin to run my world..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Earl Bigalow
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2007, 09:13:47 PM »
Quote from: ""mansion dweller""
I am suprised that none has mentioned the most recent and most notable case of sexual misconduct at hyde,  In 2004 the very popular music teachers was fired because he had been having a relationship with a student  and had engaged in sexual activity  with this student while on a  school trip. They had one meeting to adress what had happend, and to announce that bigalow was not working at hyde anymore...to my knowladge no leagal action was taken and many students ran into him in town afterwards.   it is also worth saying that many of the female student in his music classes were uneasy with him and thought that he was too close with a handful of the girls, of course nothing was done about it untill it was too late.

as a side note i dont believe we should be using psydonyms for sexual predators

Very surprised about Mr Bigolow. I remember he left very quickly and out of the blue.  The parents must have put a lot of pressure on the school or filed suit because Hyde does not take these things very seriously. Shoot, when Dubinsky molested the girl Hyde continued to allow him on campus and around the female students. Dubinsky was invited to have his wedding on campus and to this day is welcome back to look for new prey

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Earl Bigelow
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2007, 11:53:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""mansion dweller""
I am suprised that none has mentioned the most recent and most notable case of sexual misconduct at hyde,  In 2004 the very popular music teachers was fired because he had been having a relationship with a student and had engaged in sexual activity with this student while on a school trip. They had one meeting to adress what had happend, and to announce that bigalow was not working at hyde anymore...to my knowladge no leagal action was taken and many students ran into him in town afterwards.   it is also worth saying that many of the female student in his music classes were uneasy with him and thought that he was too close with a handful of the girls, of course nothing was done about it untill it was too late.

as a side note i dont believe we should be using psydonyms for sexual predators
Very surprised about Mr Bigolow. I remember he left very quickly and out of the blue.  The parents must have put a lot of pressure on the school or filed suit because Hyde does not take these things very seriously. Shoot, when Dubinsky molested the girl Hyde continued to allow him on campus and around the female students. Dubinsky was invited to have his wedding on campus and to this day is welcome back to look for new prey

I must admit I have no knowledge of how the chips fell in the Bigelow situation.  It wouldn't surprise me, however, if I were to learn that Hyde never even bothered to inform the student's parents, after all was said and done.  Perhaps the student did not inform her parents either; perhaps she was too ashamed, after all the grilling and insinuations that Hyde put her through in the aftermath.  'Tis probably a most egregious and cynical perspective on my part, but... well, there it is.

As to the dissimilar treatment of these two pedophiles, my guess is that Bigelow was more expendable than Dubinsky was.  Dubinsky was also a former student, and was then  or previously the Dean of Students, so Hyde had a vested interest in having him be seen as a "success story."  And they had the quandary of dealing with his wife also being a teacher there, along with three of his kids enrolled at the time (I might be wrong about the exact number of them).  Disruption of that little apple cart was a mess they probably were hoping to avoid.  

You are right, they don't take these situations very seriously, at least from the standpoint of the effects on the students involved, let alone the message it sends to the rest of the student body.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »
Hyde School really has a problem with boundary issues.  The sexual transgressions that occur there are just the most obvious manifestation of that.  But it is really across the board, in pretty much every area of human development.  That goes for staff as well as students.  There is no respect for anyone's autonomy there, unless you're one of the Gaulds or their inner circle.

They might allow you some leeway, especially in the beginning, to give you the illusion that you are a free agent.  But if you don't start heading in the direction they want you to, they'll come down on you, and put those psychological screws to the task.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 11:31:32 AM »
Well, they don't do ever one like they did your family.  There is a price for disloyalty.  They had to make an example otherwise they may have been a mutiny on the HMS NationalCommittment.  Come on now "take your job seriously,not yourself"

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »
Well, they don't do ever one like they did your family.  There is a price for disloyalty.  They had to make an example otherwise they may have been a mutiny on the HMS NationalCommittment.  Come on now "take your job seriously,not yourself"

Are you talking about my family?  We were but fleas as far as impact on National Commitment was concerned.  Whose family really had any impact on National Commitment, eh?  

Or are there just too many typos, maybe I don't really understand what you are referring to, sorry...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2008, 01:32:37 PM »
Don't be coy.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
Don't be coy.

Interesting.  Does this family even know they were ostracized and prepped for the sacrificial platter in the interest of protecting Hyde's reputation?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »
They had to make an example otherwise they may have been a mutiny on the HMS NationalCommittment.

What is the HMS National commitment? What was so bad there may been a mutiny?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
sexual misconduct
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2008, 05:20:34 AM »
They had to make an example otherwise they may have been a mutiny on the HMS NationalCommittment.
What is the HMS National commitment? What was so bad there may been a mutiny?

"National Commitment" was Hyde School's dream of changing the face, not to mention the guts, of the American educational system.  Not sure what Guest meant by mutiny since most everyone at that time was either brainwashed or cowed into silence by those that were.  Errant folk who would not partake from that goblet were either rousted out with great fanfare and humiliation, or managed to slink away quietly with some of their sanity still intact.
    Cult groups may often claim to be imbued with a higher sense of purpose.  They portray themselves as members of an elite—the vanguard of a social or spiritual movement with a mystical imperative, "the pursuit of which must supersede all considerations of decency or of immediate human welfare."

From:  Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism, p422, by R.J. Lifton. New York: Norton (1961).[/list]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    sexual misconduct
    « Reply #71 on: January 12, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
    Dont forget the traveling road show Americas Spirit that went along with it for publicitys sake.  Just how many rules, laws, ethical boundaries and kids educations and futures were thrown out for NC/AS?  Nice if you were in sync with Hyde.  Not all were.

captcha:  fits McCaffrey

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    sexual misconduct
    « Reply #72 on: January 13, 2008, 07:13:51 AM »
    Gee Whiz,

AS was a great opportunity for us kids and to spread the work about the awesome experience families can have at Hyde.

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
    sexual misconduct
    « Reply #73 on: January 13, 2008, 11:25:40 PM »
    Gee Whiz,

AS was a great opportunity for us kids and to spread the work about the awesome experience families can have at Hyde.

I thank you, my good friend, fer yer words of support and wisdom!  I'm not "Mr. Gee Whiz," but I yam The Man, and The WIZ, when it comes to changing kids fer the better and giving them the chance of a lifetime to explore their destiny of unique potential, or a potentially unique destiny, or uniquely potential destiny, or whatever... I can't keep track of how we are selling it half the time.  Those words don't mean a piss-poor weasley squat anyway, but they sure do SOUND good!! Har-de-har har har!!!

I sure 'nuff thought "America's Spirit" was gonna take me to Broadway at the time!  It were my chance to SHINE!!  Talk about an expanded audience fer me to strut my stuff, har har!!

Always thinkin' of "How to Get Rich and Influence People,"
    Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Re: sexual misconduct
    « Reply #74 on: January 15, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »
    Quote from: "Joseph W. Gauld"
    Quote from: "Guest"
    Gee Whiz,

I thank you, my good friend, fer yer words of support and wisdom!  I'm not "Mr. Gee Whiz," but I yam The Man, and The WIZ, when it comes to changing kids fer the better and giving them the chance of a lifetime to explore their destiny of unique potential, or a potentially unique destiny, or uniquely potential destiny, or whatever... I can't keep track of how we are selling it half the time.  Those words don't mean a piss-poor weasley squat anyway, but they sure do SOUND good!! Har-de-har har har!!!

I sure 'nuff thought "America's Spirit" was gonna take me to Broadway at the time!  It were my chance to SHINE!!  Talk about an expanded audience fer me to strut my stuff, har har!!

Always thinkin' of "How to Get Rich and Influence People,"
    Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator

But Joe you WERE on Broadway.  Have you forgot the fantastic show at the Circle in the Square.  You were magnificent!