Author Topic: does this sound at all true?  (Read 23738 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
does this sound at all true?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »
Oh Shortbus, what would you know about tuition?
It couldn't be $5300. It was $5500 in 2000. And that was pre-paid for the full program.
And how much for all the extras and incidentals?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 12:10:00 AM »
On 2006-01-22 20:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"And BTW...  Hidden Lake gave families over 250,000 dollars in scholarships last year.  10% of the families go there for free."

Shortbus,
No way 17.5 are attending gratis?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »
I wouldnt be so quick to blame that one on Short Bus.

It was in all likelyhood Cybie or Kathleen or some other lap dog.

Irregardless the information is a lie, we are correct in our original assesment. The tuition is closer to 7,000 per month.

But even if we werent are you really going to argue that even 5,000 is reasonable per month?

Whats the tuition like at Ridge Creek?

Is it just as fair and reasonable?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »
Also I wonder since you want to laud Buch for his generosity in giving the poor disenfranchized children a chance to be brainwashed, would something like his giving scholarships be tax deductible?

Are those returns part of public record?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »
The tuition for both HLA and RidgeCreek are currently 5,700, not including psychiatrist fees, and other incidentals like tolietries.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 12:58:00 AM »
TRue:  5700. per month plus 1,300. for unifroms
that are difficult to get a full set of( many
children wore 'loaner trousers ') even though they paid the full amount for uniforms..Plus
Phsyche fees, 600.00 non-refundable for computer
usage, 3months non-refundable tuition(legality?)
we shall see.Plus toiletries, medicine, other
Physician visits...

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »
They do give these, but if you remove your child early, they rescind the scholarship and charge you
all the way back to the enrollment date, also keeping all tuition paid for ahead of time,
plus 3months non-refundable.  Do not pay tuition
for the year up-front, if you remove your child,
their creative accounting will not allow you to receive a total 'just' refund.  THey manipulate that...Legal, again, we will see.[ This Message was edited by: juniper2 on 2006-01-22 22:04 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »
All this is true.  My child was given"loaner" clothes.  Every month it seems like the costs increase for incidentals.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »
On 2006-01-22 14:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-22 14:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I keep seeing the number $7000 a month thrown around.  Where is everyone getting that ammount?"

Obviously out of thier asses! That's not the correct amount. "

Tuition + uniforms = $7000.00/mo (not including all the "extras" like therapy, etc.).

Who's lying?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »
On 2006-01-22 21:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The tuition for both HLA and RidgeCreek are currently 5,700, not including psychiatrist fees, and other incidentals like tolietries."

How in the world is "therapy" an extra in a so-called "therapeutic boarding school"?  What's the other $7000.00 per month for?  Room and board?  My 4000 square foot house costs far less than half of that per month and my grocery bill sure isn't $3000.00 per month.

Sounds like a pure rip-off!
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »
On 2006-01-22 22:03:00, juniper2 wrote:

"They do give these, but if you remove your child early, they rescind the scholarship and charge you

all the way back to the enrollment date, also keeping all tuition paid for ahead of time,

plus 3months non-refundable.

So, am I understanding that the 'scholarship' is a kind of 'discount', provided your child completes the program?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
On 2006-01-23 05:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-22 14:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-22 14:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I keep seeing the number $7000 a month thrown around.  Where is everyone getting that ammount?"

Obviously out of thier asses! That's not the correct amount. "

Tuition + uniforms = $7000.00/mo (not including all the "extras" like therapy, etc.).

Who's lying?"

Kids are not getting a new set of uniforms every month.  If they are, it is because they are intentionally destroying them.  And, yes, that does happen.  

Yes. Families have to pay back the financial aid if they do not finish the program.  This is spelled out very clearly in the contract that they sign.  If you don't want to follow the contract, don't sign it.  No one is making them enroll their child here.

They want kids to finish the program, because HLA's experience has shown that kids that finish the program do better than those who do not finish the program.  Believe it or not, HLA actually cares about how their kids do after graduation.  

You would not believe the number of families that withdraw their kids early and then call back a few months later, begging HLA to allow them back into the school.

If a student graduates from HLA and follows HLA's post HLA reccomendations, and still blows it within the first six months of graduation, the kid can come back for free.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »
"Yes. Families have to pay back the financial aid if they do not finish the program. This is spelled out very clearly in the contract that they sign. If you don't want to follow the contract, don't sign it. No one is making them enroll their child here."

A coersion tactic to keep the parents in line.  How nifty.  "If you find out about our false advertising and that our program doesn't work and seek real professional help for your floundering kid, we'll fuck you real good."

"If a student graduates from HLA and follows HLA's post HLA reccomendations, and still blows it within the first six months of graduation, the kid can come back for free."

So you offer the same "warranty" as WWASPS facilities.  Why do you consider a child a product that can carry a warranty?

"They want kids to finish the program, because HLA's experience has shown that kids that finish the program do better than those who do not finish the program. Believe it or not, HLA actually cares about how their kids do after graduation."

So sayeth the marketing department.  Kindy show a clinical study (not a questionaire sent exclusively to "satisfied customers")that shows your program works.  WHERE IS YOUR DATA? Isn't it yet obvious that your "experience" is meaningless?  You folks lie about everything to keep the cash coming in.  That's been shown time and time again.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
Art Barker had the very same kind of warrantee policy at The Seed. It was more open ended, though. Anybody, anytime, no matter where you went or how hard you tried to hide could be started over.

My parents tried to get my sister started over for her poor taste in boyfriends. Thank GOD they didn't go along w/ that! I think there was, at some time, at least a little bit of temperance in Seed culture. May hap that's part of why John really got the bum's rush. Who knows?

But it didn't have to be a parent request. Any Seedling might report any old-timer or sibling for anything or nothing. Then they'd throw down the gauntlett. In some cases, they'd kidnap the alleged fuckup off the street or trick them into going to the building. In other cases it was easier. I had to attend open meetings w/ my mom. Every time, I had to talk to some Sr. Staff, who would glare suspiciously into my eyes, looking for "signs" of druggiedome. It was nerve wracking! I was always grateful for another week of liberty after open meetings, but never too sure about the next week.

Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself
--Jimmy Carter

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 06:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

You would not believe the number of families that withdraw their kids early and then call back a few months later, begging HLA to allow them back into the school.

Really?  How do you come by this knowledge?  You would HAVE to be associated with HLA in some way yet you all claim that NO ONE connected with HLA posts here.  Hmmmm.