Author Topic: Education Levels  (Read 5953 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
In 1991, I worked with Ron Davis to develop the curriculum and to get WASC accreditation. We were able to actually put something together that WASC accepted and got a full six year okay. It was quality stuff and I wonder what happened to it.

At that time there were a number of people with degrees, but very few with teaching credentials. I had three at the time, Ron had a lifetime, Martin Wiens had a social studies credential, and Carl Kent had a math credential. Chuck Geiger had a math credential from Texas. I think we had about seven masters degrees and one PhD. After that they began to take the teachers out of raps, pay them differently and hire people with degrees to teach.

I didn't last long after we finished the accreditation. I couldn't afford the cut in pay, and went back to teach public school again.

But education always came in a distant second (or even third) to the emotional growth program.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »
"But education always came in a distant second (or even third) to the emotional growth program."

What emotional growth program?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »
what emotional growth program? how about, the entire basis of the school? the propheets (or workshops if you please), the raps, the restrictions, the work assignments, the bans...jeez, I could go on all day. Did you even go to CEDU?

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »
ya' know upon reflection. the STAFF needed to grow emotionally and maybe that's why they called it "emotional growth"

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
I remember seeing my so called transcripts years after graduating.  I cant remember what my grades were although I think that they just threw darts at a bunch of A's and B's on a wall and that is what they would give you.  I never heard of a student failing a class but I have to say...some of the classes listed on my transcript made me scratch my head and wonder..."when on earth did I take that class?"

I guess when we were shoveling "manure" as Lou Mehring called it...we were getting science credits as the above poster stated.  I must have graduated with a TON of science credits...not to mention I probably dug enough post holes for the horse corral, blazed the "quest trail", peeled enough logs under Joe Sweeney's supervision (calling us pussies and wimps all the time) that I'm surprised that I ended up going on to get a degree rather than just becoming a manual laborer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
Well you're joining a pretty small crowd in getting a degree. About 5% of the kids I knew at BCA ended up going to (and sticking out) college.

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2006, 04:57:00 AM »
Well...I actually got a B.S. in Economics with a minor in Business with plenty of additional credits to boot (enough for a double major)...I'm thankful I guess that RMA gave me a high school diploma...because it allowed me to learn at college what a cost cutting, money making scam the whole program was.  They fed us the lowest $ garbage they could find, used us as free labor to build Mel Wassermans empire, housed us like migrant workers...the list could go on and on.  I sure would love to see the balance sheets.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 03:01:00 AM »
I'm almost finished with a finance degree and an accounting minor, but I stand by the fact that just about every friend I had at CEDU didn't bother with the extra four years of school. That place didn't even have kids THINKING about college. They could've given a fuck less if you went to college!

In fact, they crippled my chances of getting into a top-tier college with their disregard...CEDU's diploma was a fucking pathetic joke, so I planned on going to a very prestigious post graduate school in Northfield, MA, but CEDU dropped me a peer group for getting a blowjob and took me out of an entire block of classes to work on the farm. That set me back from an August graduation to a November graduation (EG program AND diploma), thereby disqualifying me from entry to the postgrad school.

I don't remember once being advised on college admissions. SAT prep was nonexistent, and you basically had to completely understand the application process and go out of your way to do it if you wanted to go straight from CEDU to college. Those pieces of shit completely failed to inform us of the importance of a higher education. Wow, when I started this post a minute ago I just felt like speaking my mind...now my blood is just about boiling.

Offline OKB4RMA

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
I wouldn't have gone on to college myself if RMA was the only help...they didn't really encourage it there either.  There was a little SAT prep for me, but I'm pretty sure that it was because my mom was an Ivy League (UofP) grad so she was quite the education nazi.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »
Anon said:
"what emotional growth program? how about, the entire basis of the school? the propheets (or workshops if you please), the raps, the restrictions, the work assignments, the bans...jeez, I could go on all day. Did you even go to CEDU?"

None of that crap amounted  to emotional growth.

But we all graduated with a degree in B.S. (Bullshit)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Education Levels
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
Of course it didn't amount to emotional growth. But it was still the "emotional growth program", just like I said.

never

Education Levels
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »
i remember reading an article after chase moody died at on track. it said some of the staff did not even finish high school doing the night shift. they were just trying to save money. we payed so much for these torture camps and programs. while we were being emotionely abused sexiualy abused and phisycaly abused. they were enjoying there BIG APARTMENTS, LUXURY CARS, and THERE COUNTRY CLUBS.