Author Topic: Lawsuits and complaints against Hyde School?  (Read 18662 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lawsuits and complaints against Hyde School?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Even if you "slip in" the word "belief" in your post...The numbskulls in this forum take it for fact and start planning rallies and lawsuits...so please, in the future start out by saying, "I have no idea if this is true, but I've heard....."

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
On 2006-04-11 07:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Even if you "slip in" the word "belief" in your post...The numbskulls in this forum take it for fact and start planning rallies and lawsuits...so please, in the future start out by saying, "I have no idea if this is true, but I've heard....."

Thanks!"

That would be an awful small rally.  I my world people will bitch if it costs them nothing. Have them put some skin in the game and they shrivel like your scrotum when you jump in the water at Popham beach in May.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »
Mr. I'm not a lawyer, but I played one on TV,

I think we were roommates. Drop me a note.

Stephen Long

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »
On 2006-04-11 10:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Mr. I'm not a lawyer, but I played one on TV,

Stephen Long

[email protected]

"

I respect that everyone here wants to remain anonymous and I am doing the same.  
I do have first hand knowledge of at least two lawsuits, one having to do with getting tuition back after being asked to leave the school.  If you are at Bath, I would suggest finding an attorney in a major city in Maine.  If you are in Woodstock I would recommend the same.  There are lawyers who specialize in fraud which this might fall under.  Lars is the only lawyer that has come forward on this board as to his profession.  Maybe he can recommend the best way to pursue this. I would stay away from any lawyers in Woodstock or Bath as Hyde has built up relationships in town over the years.

IMHO I don't think you will have a problem getting your tuition back, but it is decision that should be based on costs.  Look for someone who is willing to do this on retainer and if you can't find anyone you have to decide if it is worth it.

One other thing.  You should be able to find the name of the  attorney's who have been involved in previous lawsuits. I don't know how to go about this other than asking an attorney to research it for you.  Let me see if I can find something on the internet for you.  Sometimes this is hard to do when it involves a non disclosure.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »
On 2006-04-11 12:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-11 10:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Mr. I'm not a lawyer, but I played one on TV,

Stephen Long

[email protected]

"

I respect that everyone here wants to remain anonymous and I am doing the same.  

I do have first hand knowledge of at least two lawsuits, one having to do with getting tuition back after being asked to leave the school.  If you are at Bath, I would suggest finding an attorney in a major city in Maine.  If you are in Woodstock I would recommend the same.  There are lawyers who specialize in fraud which this might fall under.  Lars is the only lawyer that has come forward on this board as to his profession.  Maybe he can recommend the best way to pursue this. I would stay away from any lawyers in Woodstock or Bath as Hyde has built up relationships in town over the years.

IMHO I don't think you will have a problem getting your tuition back, but it is decision that should be based on costs.  Look for someone who is willing to do this on retainer and if you can't find anyone you have to decide if it is worth it.

One other thing.  You should be able to find the name of the  attorney's who have been involved in previous lawsuits. I don't know how to go about this other than asking an attorney to research it for you.  Let me see if I can find something on the internet for you.  Sometimes this is hard to do when it involves a non disclosure."

The fact that a lawsuit has been filed against Hyde should be a matter of public record.  It shouldn't be hard to find a record of filings in the appropriate courts in Maine and Connecticut.  Details of any settlement would probably be confidential, but the not the fact of the lawsuit or the allegations.  I agree that you should find a lawyer (litigator) in a practice in Maine or Connecticut that doesn't have any ties to Hyde School.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
"The fact that a lawsuit has been filed against Hyde should be a matter of public record. It shouldn't be hard to find a record of filings in the appropriate courts in Maine and Connecticut. Details of any settlement would probably be confidential, but the not the fact of the lawsuit or the allegations. I agree that you should find a lawyer (litigator) in a practice in Maine or Connecticut that doesn't have any ties to Hyde School."

Thanks for the info.  I will try to find a lawyer who can research the cases against Hyde and see what lawyers have already been involved in suing the school.  They should be the ones most knowlegable in the game that Hyde plays

Offline mansion dweller

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »
I am very interested in helping you, I am currently a student and am very discontented,  I know of a situation that happened last year  involving the music teacher, earl bigalow and a student, they were very vauge about what happened but it was either satatory rape or just sexual abuse, the teacher was revered in the school and when it happened they said they didn't know if they were goiing to press charges, i don't think much was done about it.
   students still see him plaing music in the local cafe, he has a very young child and i am afraid for her safty, her fater is a sexual predetor and she has no idea.   i believe that they didn't make sure real punisment was delt because of PR reasons
Y

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
On 2006-04-21 07:31:00, mansion dweller wrote:

"I am very interested in helping you, I am currently a student and am very discontented,  I know of a situation that happened last year  involving the music teacher, earl bigalow and a student, they were very vauge about what happened but it was either satatory rape or just sexual abuse, the teacher was revered in the school and when it happened they said they didn't know if they were goiing to press charges, i don't think much was done about it.

students still see him plaing music in the local cafe, he has a very young child and i am afraid for her safty, her fater is a sexual predetor and she has no idea.   i believe that they didn't make sure real punisment was delt because of PR reasons"

Is this guy still teaching at Hyde?  Are the parents suing Hyde?  Are the facts of the case widely known?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »
On 2006-04-21 07:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-21 07:31:00, mansion dweller wrote:

"I am very interested in helping you, I am currently a student and am very discontented,  I know of a situation that happened last year  involving the music teacher, earl bigalow and a student, they were very vauge about what happened but it was either satatory rape or just sexual abuse, the teacher was revered in the school and when it happened they said they didn't know if they were goiing to press charges, i don't think much was done about it.

students still see him plaing music in the local cafe, he has a very young child and i am afraid for her safty, her fater is a sexual predetor and she has no idea.   i believe that they didn't make sure real punisment was delt because of PR reasons"

Is this guy still teaching at Hyde?  Are the parents suing Hyde?  Are the facts of the case widely known?"

Is this the teacher you're talking about?  How did Hyde handle this case?  http://www.hyde.edu/page.ww?section=New ... Item.id=25

Offline mansion dweller

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »
I am very interested in helping you, I am currently a student and am very discontented,  I know of a situation that happened last year  involving the music teacher, earl bigalow and a student, they were very vauge about what happened but it was either satatory rape or just sexual abuse, the teacher was revered in the school and when it happened they said they didn't know if they were goiing to press charges, i don't think much was done about it.
   students still see him plaing music in the local cafe, he has a very young child and i am afraid for her safty, her fater is a sexual predetor and she has no idea.   i believe that they didn't make sure real punisment was delt because of PR reasons
Y

Offline mansion dweller

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
no he doesnt know still work here, the details of situation were not maade public
Y

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »
He was a fucking nutter the girl was in love with him she didnt care abotu what he did she enjoyed it to my knowledge hyde swept it under the rug in many ways as they do with many issuses

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »
On 2006-04-21 12:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"He was a fucking nutter the girl was in love with him she didnt care abotu what he did she enjoyed it to my knowledge hyde swept it under the rug in many ways as they do with many issuses"

Is this fact, that a Hyde faculty member was sexually involved with a student?  How many of these cases have there been at Hyde?  I know there was a problem at Woodstock too, where a teacher had to leave the school over sexual stuff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
On 2006-04-21 13:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-21 12:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"He was a fucking nutter the girl was in love with him she didnt care abotu what he did she enjoyed it to my knowledge hyde swept it under the rug in many ways as they do with many issuses"

Is this fact, that a Hyde faculty member was sexually involved with a student?  How many of these cases have there been at Hyde?  I know there was a problem at Woodstock too, where a teacher had to leave the school over sexual stuff."

Sweet.  Where do I get an application?  I have been out of work since Cardinal Law fired me.

Father Pedro Phyll

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »
On 2006-01-18 06:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am gathering information on lawsuits or formal complaints that have been filed against the Hyde School.  I would also like to know about any lawsuits or complaints that are currently pending.  Please post any information you have about past or pending cases.  Thank you."

I am aware of a lawsuit about to be filed against Hyde School. I am not sure if it has to do with the female student having sex with the music teacher or if it has to do with a family who was kicked out and yet Hyde kept their money.  I am sure we will hear something about it soon as these kinds of things can't be kept quiet.

My question is, why does Hyde School open themselves up to this?  Why don't they follow the guidelines, which would prevent all of this controversy?  Hard to believe that their ego gets in the way of rational thinking.

Does anyone from Hyde have an answer for this?