Author Topic: Lawsuits and complaints against Hyde School?  (Read 18663 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lawsuits and complaints against Hyde School?
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
On 2006-06-05 14:41:00, Frank Discussion wrote:

"
This disturbs me.

Prude. :roll:"

That was insulting but not sexual or crude. You are batting .333 Frank.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »
I have been reading posts on this website about the Hyde School.  During the past few months I've had contact with about a half dozen other parents who also have tried to find the right school for their child.  Several of them had heard about Hyde and, like me, started to check it out.  Word has spread about this website and all of those parents that I've been involved with have been scared off by the negative comments about Hyde.  Two of the group had made interview appointments at Hyde and cancelled them because of what they read on this website.  Two days ago I contacted an educational consultant who told me that he has had such negative experiences with the Hyde School that he won't send any of his clients there.  He talked about how Hyde tries to handle very challenging behavior problems with staff who don't have training to do this.  This consultant also told me that Hyde has had lots of problems with kids and families dropping out and staff turnover.  He thinks Hyde is not the right place for most teens who have problems.  He encourages his clients to look at other schools that are more equipped to help these teens.

I've read on this website some comments that only a few people participate in this discussion.  I can tell you from my own personal experience that this website has influenced people who never post a comment.  This website certainly has influenced me and the parents I'm in touch with.  Some people read these comments and decide to stay away from Hyde or cancel their visits.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »
On 2006-06-08 05:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have been reading posts on this website about the Hyde School.  During the past few months I've had contact with about a half dozen other parents who also have tried to find the right school for their child.  Several of them had heard about Hyde and, like me, started to check it out.  Word has spread about this website and all of those parents that I've been involved with have been scared off by the negative comments about Hyde.  Two of the group had made interview appointments at Hyde and cancelled them because of what they read on this website.  Two days ago I contacted an educational consultant who told me that he has had such negative experiences with the Hyde School that he won't send any of his clients there.  He talked about how Hyde tries to handle very challenging behavior problems with staff who don't have training to do this.  This consultant also told me that Hyde has had lots of problems with kids and families dropping out and staff turnover.  He thinks Hyde is not the right place for most teens who have problems.  He encourages his clients to look at other schools that are more equipped to help these teens.

I've read on this website some comments that only a few people participate in this discussion.  I can tell you from my own personal experience that this website has influenced people who never post a comment.  This website certainly has influenced me and the parents I'm in touch with.  Some people read these comments and decide to stay away from Hyde or cancel their visits.  "

Nice try Tommy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!