Author Topic: USP Oversight or Scam??  (Read 949 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
USP Oversight or Scam??
« on: January 17, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »
I just paid .74 each to mail three letters- bills that had to be paid to avoid late charges.

Why? Because USP increased postage and three outlets had no .02 stamps. I didn't see it, but was told that it was all over the news.

Oversight or Scam?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
USP Oversight or Scam??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
government monopoly... nuff said.  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
USP Oversight or Scam??
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:50:00 AM »
On 2006-01-17 07:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"government monopoly... nuff said.  :lol: "

whatever.  there is no "monopoly" on delivering packages, oh knee-jerk libertarian buffoon.   It's pretty fucking cool that I can mail  a letter across the continent for less than fifty cents and expect it to get there intact.

All that other government shit really blows, too, like the FDA, EPA, etc.  And fire departments, that monopoly really makes me cringe.  Go back to jerking off to pictures of Neil Boortz and talking about dismantling the government like  the 14-year old anarchists you mentally resemble..  "Smash the State, dude!"

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
USP Oversight or Scam??
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »
wait a minute. so how much are stamps now? I want to make sure have enough postage on my mail.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
USP Oversight or Scam??
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »
whatever. there is no "monopoly" on delivering packages,

:lol: I didn't know we had postal workers on this forum. do you know what a monopoly is retard or that mail and packages are two different things. i love it when idiots make comments you are great for laughs.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.02/view.html?pg=2

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
USP Oversight or Scam??
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
You're right, we no longer have an effective government monopoly on shipping. However, if you think the USPS doesn't hold an unfair advantage by force, give this a shot.

Figure out how much you would have to charge to carry letters (not just packages) around your neighborhood and do it just a little bit better than the USPS can do. Print your own stamps and sell them and go and try to compete w/ Uncle Sam. You'll find (as some others have done over the years) that it's really very easy to make a decent living providing better service at a lower cost than Uncle Sam can do. And as soon as they get wind that you're trying, the'll educate you on the anti-competition laws that protect and ensure mediocrity for all.

If you're right, you'll come out of it w/ a profitable business to sell. If you're wrong, you'll come out of it having learned something.

Or, you could just read up on the issue. Here's not a bad place to start.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... oly_status

so long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?
--stephen Hawking, English scientist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
USP Oversight or Scam??
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »
Oh c'mon, if you don't like it buy a computer and use your email... ohj, wait. the USPS has been delivering in rain, snow, sleet, and slime, always ontime for the price of... well, nothing, because not much else is cheaper than mailing a letter. I hate people who have to find something to complain about, let it go, relax. I dont think its the price of a stamp thats really bothering you. (and yes, i did wait on line for 25 minutes of my life to find out they had no 1 or 2 cents stamps, big whoop i say)
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan