Author Topic: Hawaii boy runs away on visit home from Utah facility  (Read 2241 times)

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Hawaii boy runs away on visit home from Utah facility
« on: February 07, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
This is my mom's friend's kid.  He was sent away over a year ago.  I'm really curious as to what Utah facility he was in.  I also wonder whether they can force him onto an airplane.

From the Honolulu Advertiser

Posted at 2:21 p.m., Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Missing teen found cycling near car wash

Advertiser Staff

Police found a missing 16-year-old boy early this afternoon near McKinley Car Wash on Kapiolani Boulevard.

Kamuela Martin had been reported as missing Feb. 1 after failing to board his scheduled flight to Utah, departing from Honolulu International Airport.

Police spotted the teen riding a bicycle in front of the car wash shortly before noon today. Martin was stopped by police at the intersection of King and Pi'ikoi streets at 12:20 p.m., police said.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »
Wow, so did his mom send him back?  Oahu seems really small (was the boy in Kailua?), he probably should have left the island...
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »
I don't know.  I think he's in jail.  He was on probation.  

My mom's attidue about the whole thing brings it all back:  "This kid has everything going for him."  (Because he has rich parents.)  She talks about how he got kicked out of two schools.  I asked her what for, and she said for bad grades.  The kid has learning disabilities.  And he's adopted.  And he has ADD.  So I guess that makes the kid such a pain in the ass that his rich parents can send him to Utah 'til he's 18.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »
Why did I spell attitude "attidue"?  That doesn't even make sense as a typo.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »
I'm adopted, too.

He's better off in juvie jail.  At least there, he will retain his ability to think independently, speak freely, and mature naturally (well, compared to what would happen in Utah).
egan Flynn
RN

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 12:48:00 AM »
On 2006-02-08 12:36:00, The Liger wrote:

"I don't know.  I think he's in jail.  He was on probation.  

My mom's attidue about the whole thing brings it all back:  "This kid has everything going for him."  (Because he has rich parents.)  She talks about how he got kicked out of two schools.  I asked her what for, and she said for bad grades.  The kid has learning disabilities.  And he's adopted.  And he has ADD.  So I guess that makes the kid such a pain in the ass that his rich parents can send him to Utah 'til he's 18.
"

When you have the pesos, you have the saysos!!! Sucks, doesn't it?!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »
On 2006-02-08 21:03:00, bandit1978 wrote:

"I'm adopted, too.

He's better off in juvie jail.  At least there, he will retain his ability to think independently, speak freely, and mature naturally (well, compared to what would happen in Utah).  "

I'm also adopted.  I know what you mean.  I'm pissed because this boy is experiencing a lot of what I went through over a decade ago.  I feel like I know exactly what his parents are thinking and exactly what he must be feeling.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »
Yeah, I feel the same way.

I wish my mom could talk to his mom, because she could warn her of the long-term results of her sending this kid to Utah.
egan Flynn
RN