Author Topic: i was just thrown off this site  (Read 5085 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i was just thrown off this site
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »
First it's an open forum, and then it's a private Web site. And what exactly is the formula for determining what is redundant? If it's a matter of flooding a server, I'd say the "I Just" thread is about as redundant as anything this side of overwrought.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »
Yes, just like a pub. It's a private space (as space in Cyberia) into which I invite the public. Read the terms of use. Everyone's welcome by default, but it is possible to wear out one's welcome.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make it stink (any more than it already does)
-- Job

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 16:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"First it's an open forum, and then it's a private Web site. And what exactly is the formula for determining what is redundant? If it's a matter of flooding a server, I'd say the "I Just" thread is about as redundant as anything this side of overwrought.  "

It's a website owned by Ginger who runs it as an open forum.

The redundancy of the posts is obvious to most.  The I Just thread is exactly that...."A" thread, singular.  Its not posted under successive threads saying essentially the same few sentences.  What the hell is the problem with discussing the issues at hand like an adult in Web Forum Hosting so that everyone can follow it more easily?  Why is even this[/b] concept so difficult?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »
1 Do you pay for the site?

2 How much cash have you put into the cause?

3 How many time shave you protested?

4 Have you BEEN TO JAIL FOR THE CAUSE?

Answers for above questions for your stupid ass:

1 $0

2 $0

3 000

4 Only Bradbury

So kiss our ass

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »
Your ass should have been kicked off a very long time ago

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »
So why not make this a patron/proprietor situation? A nominal user fee, and no more disenfranchised complainers to lecture to about costs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »
The redundancy of the posts is obvious to most. The I Just thread is exactly that...."A" thread, singular. Its not posted under successive threads saying essentially the same few sentences. What the hell is the problem with discussing the issues at hand like an adult in Web Forum Hosting so that everyone can follow it more easily? Why is even this concept so difficult?

Why not delete "A" thread that has nothing to do with this forum, and keep the fragmentary, redundant threads that do? Again, the formula?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 17:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So why not make this a patron/proprietor situation? A nominal user fee, and no more disenfranchised complainers to lecture to about costs. "

Then it ceases to be an open forum.  How many lurkers hang around just gathering info?  How many anon parents wouldn't have access to the opinions and resources here?  No.  I hope it never comes to that.

Can we take this to a single thread?  Or at least keep it in Web Forum Hosting?  It really is much easier to follow that way.  Everyone posting their gripes in multiple threads makes it difficult to keep track.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 17:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

Why not delete "A" thread that has nothing to do with this forum, and keep the fragmentary, redundant threads that do? Again, the formula? "

Post all the fragmentary reduntant shit you want.  Why do you have to scatter them everywhere?  Why can't it be an adult discussion?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
Then it ceases to be an open forum. How many lurkers hang around just gathering info? How many anon parents wouldn't have access to the opinions and resources here? No. I hope it never comes to that.

Well, I was just told that I should pipe down, lest I wear out my welcome. How much more open is that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 17:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

Well, I was just told that I should pipe down, lest I wear out my welcome. How much more open is that? "

Because she's addressed your concerns in numerous posts. Here's one:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =10#162944

You just don't agree with her explanation so you continue to post the same shit over and over again.  We understand that you don't agree with what she's doing.  We get it.  Doesn't mean she has to change what she's doing because you don't like it.  She is asking, however, that you stop flooding in multiple threads and invites you to continue to post your concerns in a civil and adult manner in the proper forum so that it's easier for her to find and respond to and to make it easier for others to follow the conversation and discussion.  Sounds pretty fucking reasonable to me.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 14:53:00, kicked off this site wrote:

"well well well. open forum indeed. i guess the moderaters did not like some of the things i said and my isp was removed and i can no longer post on this site. i had to go to a neighbors to say my final farewell. i have seen people post more racy stuff than i ever did. i guess this site is just about whatever the moderater wants it to be. maybe got a little too close to the truth about the hypocrisy of this site and its advertising and its moderation. you can try to save this site but it seems like it is imploding anyway. even the guy that was physically threatening people did not get kicked off which says that the moderaters dont really care about people getting hurt but only about saving their own opinions and getting rid of anybody that does not share them. goodbye homogenous population. start burning the books. never really was a straight survivor site, just a perpetuation of straight activity. i will happily go find a forum that is what it says it is, and leave the censorship here. how many others have been thrown off this site??????????????????"

Save the dramatics. You didn't seem to care about the death threats either.

Since when have you ever respected opinions on this site? Everytime someone has posted about THEIR OWN beliefs and experiences you have jumped down their throats if they didn't have carbon copy responses of your own thinking. Homogenous population? Funny you only say these things with people that share different views. WAKE UP THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. It's amazing that you still don't get how life works. Shit does not always work in your favor and Fornits is not the only thing in life that is beyond your control.

You keep making snide little digs to people here that never did shit to you except not let you control them.

I think you have a lot of intelligence and have always respected how you have been outspoken about straight and other teen torture facilities. However, you are basically doing the same thing as straight did to all of us when you berate everyone here that won't conform to your ideals.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »
You just don't agree with her explanation so you continue to post the same shit over and over again. We understand that you don't agree with what she's doing. We get it. Doesn't mean she has to change what she's doing because you don't like it. She is asking, however, that you stop flooding in multiple threads and invites you to continue to post your concerns in a civil and adult manner in the proper forum so that it's easier for her to find and respond to and to make it easier for others to follow the conversation and discussion. Sounds pretty fucking reasonable to me.

You're addressing me as if I'm the only person expressing concerns about this issue. In any case, the explanations given by Antigen have so far displeased a hefty audience. Either we're all thick, which is possible, or else the burden of clarity rests with the defender. Poor or even slightly muddled explanations of one's intentions can lead to this kind of madness. But the burden of clarity and understanding does not rest with the reader: it rests with the writer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
On 2006-01-09 18:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

You're addressing me as if I'm the only person expressing concerns about this issue. In any case, the explanations given by Antigen have so far displeased a hefty audience. Either we're all thick, which is possible, or else the burden of clarity rests with the defender. Poor or even slightly muddled explanations of one's intentions can lead to this kind of madness. But the burden of clarity and understanding does not rest with the reader: it rests with the writer."

I think there's an equal or greater number that to find her explanations clear.  I don't think its a matter of her not being clear, I think its that you (however many of you there are) don't agree with her explanation.  That's my opinion.  Obviously I can't know what's in your head.

The clarity of her answers may also have something to do with the fact that questions or comments have been scattered all over the place instead of in one or a few threads where its coherent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
The clarity of her answers may also have something to do with the fact that questions or comments have been scattered all over the place instead of in one or a few threads where its coherent.

This is a good point. It is difficult to work though all the explanations on so many threads. Perhaps a formal administrator?s statement could be issued on a single thread. Then it could be debated under threat of deletion (not a democracy) if carried over to another thread at any time.