Author Topic: Kidscope in Columbus Ohio  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kidscope in Columbus Ohio
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
I was in Kidscope in Columbus Ohio, a branch of KHK...i was in from 1986-1988.  Is there anyone who remembers Kidscope?  I am trying to find people who went there and have found a handful...but would like to find more. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »
I knew people from Kidscope in 1989-1990 at the hebron facility of KHK.
-DP

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
New one on me. Should I add "Kidscope" to the forum title? Any other alter egos floating around?

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
--Unanimous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »
On 2006-01-07 16:02:00, Antigen wrote:

"New one on me. Should I add "Kidscope" to the forum title? Any other alter egos floating around?

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
--Unanimous

"

Gin,
I don't know if ye should add Kidscope to the forum title or not. I have never seen concrete proof or documentation that Kids helping Kids was a "branch" of Kidscope in Columbus, nor have I ever seen or heard of any concrete evidence or documentation that would indicate that Kidscope is therefore a "branch" of Kids helping Kids either. On the other hand, in my gut and in my heart I do know that they are affiliated somehow. I know this because I personally witnessed three children that got "transferred" from Kidscope in Columbus, OH arrive at group at kids helping kids in KY.
This happened when I was a phaser, and it was obvious that they were not fresh off the street b/c they talked about it in group and also were able to keep the status of whatever phases they were on at the time. which told me that it was either a very similar program or exactly the same.

warm regards to ye,
-DP

If triangles had a God, He'd have three sides.
--Old Yiddish proverb

[ This Message was edited by: Deprogrammed on 2006-01-08 18:40 ]
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »
is this curt h?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »
never seen concrete proof except people that were transferred from there that you met?
wtf? isnt that enough??

and i was there too

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
-not Curt H

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
Please do not speak to me with the lanuage of (WTF)...TY....."Concrete proof" means a paper trail that would hold up in court by the way.

You wrote: "I was there too"

Where were you at, KHK or Kidsscope?

warm regards,
-DP :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »
Came across this thread. I was at KidScope in 88-89. My understanding is that it wasn't an official branch of KHK, but it was started by KHK people (I'm not sure if that meant staff, graduates, or families). Maybe enough parents got sick of being out of towners and driving to Cinci. I do remember some of the staff 7 stepped from KHK.

I 7 stepped a few months before they closed (but I think there were only six phases). It was in this nasty, run-down strip mall. It was weird--several parents pulled their kids a few weeks before. I showed up for my required monthly Fri. meeting (I was an out of towner) and all the girls were wearing makeup and jewelry. They tried to keep us 7 steppers who were still within the six months to keep having our weekly Sat. meeting. It happened for a couple of months and then fizzled. I wonder whatever happened to our files? I would love to get my hands on mine!

Offline hijackak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »
Kidscope in Columbus was an offshoot of KHK in Hebron. It was formed by parents of KHK members that were looking for a solution to the dreaded weekly drive. My parents were involved in the formation of the Columbus group.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
Your parents were involved?
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 04:47:24 AM »
Your parents were involved in the formation of Kidscope?
How so?.....Were ye in KHK originally then?
regards,
-DP

Offline The Motivator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 07:58:13 PM »
Quote from: ""hijackak""
Kidscope in Columbus was an offshoot of KHK in Hebron. It was formed by parents of KHK members that were looking for a solution to the dreaded weekly drive. My parents were involved in the formation of the Columbus group.

It may not have been an official affiliate program to KHK but I seven stepped (KHK Hebron 83')with one of their instructors Derek.

He was a fucking mean ass bass player in a skinny white boy frame but pretty cool overall. I'm not sure and wouldn't think he'd be involved with heavy physical shit or even cruel psychological.......but, I was not a kid sitting in group with him as the leader.....he was a former "straight" friend. I graduated and was on PT trainee for a minute.......thank goodness I bailed to work on finding my way back to a normal existence and forgetting the ways the program teaches one to hate themself further.
quot;Let\'s have a song\"

Offline Friend B Free

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 01:25:58 PM »
There were kidscope kids in KHK when I was there. At one time I had some paperwork that had both facilities info on the same docs. I think because they reused some forms. Lost to time now but if I ever find them I'll let you know.

DP I must have been sitting on the bench next to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I was in Kidscope 86-88
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
I am still in shock i found this site. For 20 years i thought i was the only one who was suffering from severe mental problems related to these places. If i remember correctly Kidscope was started in Columbus Ohio by KHK people who wanted to have a program closer to "home". When i first arrived it was still pretty new. There weren't many kids there and no one had even ever made it to the 5th phase yet. All of the staff was from KHK so we heard a lot about it. Yes Kidscope wasn't just similar to KHK it was virtually the same program. And i do remember Derek from the staff and you are correct he was one of the few staff members who when you saw it was him leading the rap you breathed a sigh of relief.

Poppy

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
kidsscope
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I was in Kidscope in Columbus Ohio, a branch of KHK...i was in from 1986-1988.  Is there anyone who remembers Kidscope?  I am trying to find people who went there and have found a handful...but would like to find more. Thanks

Yes I remember kidsscope pm me please
-DP