Author Topic: FORNITS GETS $$$ TO ADVERTISE FOR WWASPS AND OTHER TEEN TORT  (Read 17202 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FORNITS GETS $$$ TO ADVERTISE FOR WWASPS AND OTHER TEEN TORT
« on: January 04, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »
Copy this thread to your desktop, it might get deleted soon.

Watch and see what fornits is really all about now. Ginger deleted the thread I put up last night drawing attention to the fact that the new Google ads on fornits ADVERTISE FOR CHILD ABUSE.

This is becoming more and more disturbing. Last night I put up a thread linking to the Web Forum Hosting forum here on fornits, which you can get to by clicking on FORUMS over there on the left, then scrolling most of the way down the list of forums. I called into question the fact that fornits now gets money to advertise for child abusers. There were ads up last night on the WWASPS forum for Spring Creek Lodge, which is a child abuse facility on ISAC's Watch List, and strugglingteens.com, a website that pushes all kinds of abusive facilities on parents. There was an ad for a 12-Step program somewhere else, despite the fact that Straight has been characterized by some cult experts as being a "12-Step Cult".

Somehow Ginger thinks this is all okay. Again, watch, this thread will be deleted or moved. Yet, it contains no slander, just facts.

How do you like that? Fornits advertises for child abuse. Ginger and Bill Warbis get paid to run ads for child abusers. Ginger hides the discussion down on another forum. I think this subject should be front and center.

Dare ya, G. Leave this topic up in your Straight, Inc. forum. Dragonfly tried to get people here talking about it a few days ago. Quit hiding threads.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »
She's not hiding threads you twit.  She very plainly and obviously said she was moving the thread to Web Forum Hosting as that is where it belongs.  She's also invited discussion on the subject.  If you've read anything of what she's posted on there you'll see that she's not dead set on it, she's trying it out and has explained why she doesn't think it will be harmful.  Can you imagine parents seeing a WWASPS site after visiting here?  I can't see where that would be helpful to WWASPS or any of the other facilities.  

Cut her some slack man.  She said she's trying it.  Damn, you've just been sitting here waiting for something like this, haven't you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »
Besides, if they found Fornits by searching for help for their teen then they've already seen the program sites and it can only serve to be detrimental to WWASPS et al to have read things here and THEN go to WWASPS sites, IMO.

dragonfly

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
i don't see what you mean.  where is there a wwasp link on this site?  i don't see one.  i don't see anything like that.

if you're so gung-ho, why don't you send ginger and bill some cash donations to keep this board alive.  they pay for it to be here.  you don't.

open up that squeaky wallet and make a donation to keep the site free of ads.  encourage your buddies to do the same.

even more than that, bring a level-headed response to the discussion.  ranting and raving and calling them child abuse supporters is just dumb.  we all know their feelings about it.  just show the links you claim to be there and maybe some responsible feedback or a cash donation would change things.

that being said, i never saw any of the links you're claiming are here.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »
if you go into the Troubled Teen forum at the top of the page there are Google ads on a thin banner.  Some of them link to Struggling Teens etc.  I don't have a problem with it because as I said, they've already seen those if they're seeking help/advice.  If they find them after reading here, I don't see how that can be of any help to WWASPS etc.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
Dragonfly, paranoia or prescience? I've wondered the same thing about a lot of ppl I've met in connection w/ this issue. It's a tough question. We know psyops exists. But do we really rate that level of attention?

Maybe, maybe not.

Then I ask meyself how could a former Straightling ever get involved in such a diabolical plot. "Are you shittin' me, self!", I heard myself shriek, "no better recruiting ground I know of for just that brand of lunatic!"

But I just won't let anybody recruit me for their campaign, that's all. And I've sort of come to the conclusion that everybody who's doing anything to try and sabotage somebody else's idea of "the cause" is probably acting honestly from motives they believe in. And it's more often ineptitude or misunderstanding that gets in the way.

But it doesn't really get in the way of solving the problem. Not like you might think. It only gets in the way of all of us being decent and civil to each other. The story is getting out there, warts and all.

I really and truely believe that those ads in this context are, not only counterproductive, but also may be helpful in directing more shopper traffic here before the land up on a program marketing site. But there's only one way to find out, try it!

As far as trusting me or you or anyone else? Don't trust strangers. Get to know ppl. I've made friends over the years w/ some pretty cool people around here. But they're very cool people who just happen to share an interest in these topics. Not everybody here is cool and not all cool people post to Fornits. It's practically irelavent on that score.

Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »
On 2006-01-04 08:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

if you're so gung-ho, why don't you send ginger and bill some cash donations to keep this board alive. they pay for it to be here. you don't.

Oh no, it's not like that. The great bonanza has amounted to all of about $35 so far, and I won't see any of that till about a month after my balance reaches $100. I have to say, it was looking too good to be true there at first. But the market very, very quickly started to respond. See, very few advertisers really want their ads in this sort of context. So far, it looks like softwear companies (especially phpBB) don't mind. People selling term papers are cool with it. But the big payors, the industry, seem to be weeding fornits out of their allowed context pretty quickly.

Now, I don't have access to a list of advertisers that have banned me. All I can do is check from time to time to see which ads turn up and check my CPM rates (Cost [to advertisers] per thousand impressions). So far, the ppl who pay, on average, $2.47 per impression are opting out and those who are only willing to pay about .08 are hanging on.

One notable exceptions is CEDU, which is in dissaray at the moment and probably hasn't got the staffing to deal w/ minutea right now.

I'm cool w/ that. At this rate, it may offset just about exactly the bandwidth charges that this forum runs up each month. And I have some confirmation that the industry ads that may remain here are only here by oversite and are likely not helping the advertiser.

who needs regular piss tests more than a former blowski who has his finger on the button?
--Chuck Beyer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »
I wondered about that.  The first two days that the ads were up there were all kinds of 'teen help', 'troubled teen', 'troubled children' (chicken  :smile:  ).  Now they only show up in a few of the fora or threads.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »
On 2006-01-04 07:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

Somehow Ginger thinks this is all okay. Again, watch, this thread will be deleted or moved. Yet, it contains no slander, just facts.

Somehow you think you're my daddy or something? Can't you find a better hobby than following me around trying to control what I do and say?

And the anon is right. I haven't deleted any threads. I MOVED one or two over to the Web Forum Hosting forum (on topic) AND left posts w/ the same topic containing links to the moved threads.

The only voluntary urine sample they'll get from me is a taste test
--Bumper Sticker

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »
Besides, if they found Fornits by searching for help for their teen then they've already seen the program sites and it can only serve to be detrimental to WWASPS et al to have read things here and THEN go to WWASPS sites, IMO.

Not necessarily. People see and read what they want to see and read. Many people prefer a more structured environment than a forum when scanning online info, and an ad bar could conceivably lure a potential parent client away from the forum in seconds, regardless of titles of posted topics.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »
Oops. Did I just see those ads, or did I unthink them?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »
All gone for now!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »
By the way, I'm not the same anon that started this thread. One cannot read Ginger's threads without concluded that she is the real thing. But I do find a Google bar with teen boot camp links problematic. Without getting angry with me about finances, Ginger, could you explain them to me and others who might feel the same way?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile