Author Topic: check this shit out i got a kick out of it and i no you wil  (Read 20703 times)

Offline ap47

• View Profile
check this shit out i got a kick out of it and i no you wil
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
I was in peer group 57. theres countless abusive therapy sessions, i can probably sit down and list off them for a few hours lol.

um... super restrictions : i guess its called the challet,or whatever the cabin right near ridge creek is. super restrictions is where HLA sends kid who have done something severe or been on restrictions for a 'too long' deemed amount of time. its completely restricted from the school, u only have contact with urselves and the staff that supervise you. you do work all day , no matter the weather or if your sick. many students are just placed there by HLA until a new ridge creek rotation starts, which can be over 2 weeks sometimes. while there, and maybe the worst part, you are forced to write 40 or more pages of "therapy" a day, which nobody even reads. i can verify this because there was an assignment called "write 3 things that tramatized u in your lifetime". I knew they werent reading and it was just bullshit so i tested it and wrote "the time i rode a bike into a cow and fell into a black hole" . the assignments are pointless, repetivive, and make u feel infererior.

Those priviledge groups at HLA are complete horseshit. U have to give up time u want to life weights (which personally helped me most while i was therE), to plant flowers to support the image of the school. I don't support the school, so i guess i dont get to go watch sports teams, eat decent food, and get away with things that other kids would get on restrictions for. To be eligible for the lowest level of trips, u have to introduce yourself to 3 new people per week, and tell your life story to two people. ... there usually arent even 3 new people per week, its just another stupid system set up by HLA.

- also whats funny, many parents/students donated money for WRESTLING MATS. they guarenteed these mats countless times, and they never came. Then HLA squandered that money to spend on some pool, that came after almost all the donators were gone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
la is the worst thing that could ever happen to u

Offline ap47

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 16:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am a parent of a son attending HLA. The school may not be for everyone but it has really helped him. Every school has issues and the kids who attend with my son need a lot of structure and yes discipline.

Give the school a break. YYou don't have to like their system. Yet it does work for many kids."

Ok, I understand that maybe it helps some people. However, HLA just generalized everyone is "screwed up" on the same degree, and gives generalized crappy therapy to everyone. Not everyone gains benefits of therapy the same ways, so why should a severe discipline technique that is many times illegal be used for the 200+ students there, even tho it only benefits like 5%, tops.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
What you are alleging HLA did to you and other students is totally illegal...Child welfare regulations clearly stipulate that..However, HLA
banks on the "bank" so to speak.. To singularly
fle a suit, is a financial disaster..to get ORS
off their--- and on HLA's is even more difficult, according to parents..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 19:27:00, juniper2 wrote:

"What you are alleging HLA did to you and other students is totally illegal...Child welfare regulations clearly stipulate that..However, HLA

banks on the "bank" so to speak.. To singularly

fle a suit, is a financial disaster..to get ORS

off their--- and on HLA's is even more difficult, according to parents.."

Then put together a Class and call an attorney and institute a Class Action against HLA. You aren't the only angry parent. Sending your child to HLA is a "financial disaster"

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »
Hi, new here. PG 54 grad. Super restrictions was held at one of two locations. the chalet would have been the preferred locale, considering it actually was a building with 4 enclosed walls and a fireplace indoors. Still, there was no bathroom or appropriate sleeping accomidations, just a plywood floor with holes in it leading straight to the ground. However, most times Super was held at a... kind of oversized picnic awning with plastic walls you could roll down if it started to rain. There were 3 picnic tables and a fire pit. That was it. I was fortunate to never have to go on super and was never in any real trouble until the end of my stay where in the last phase of "Galaxy level" i did a stint at RCI. I would be pleased to answer any questions you all have about this ghastly place honestly, with no simple "fuck HLA" padding to confuse the truth. I've found that of the angry graduates who really had important things to say about HLA after leaving, the ones that simply take the route of "fuck HLA its fucked up, blow it up" rarely get taken seriously. So please, I would love to be involved in the thought provoking and truth seeking conversations that arise here.

And BTW... I loved the "this Aften character again" line i read earlier. I was in her PG, and Aften was involved in a lesbian relationship with one kitchen staff and also a romantic relationship with a nurse in her time at Hidden Lake. IMHO, she is a disturbed young lady with very skewed views on what happened at HLA. She posts frequently on MySpace as well, on the Alum page, and was actually banned from one, and almost from another because of her inflammitory remarks. Us former students dont usually like our opinions of the realities that really went on at that place to be invalidated (especially by someone we shared the experiences with.) Its all too familiar of one certain facility.

Happy posting.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »
Would you be willing to post the link to her ramblinigs?

I always got a huge kick out of her nonsense and would love to remind her of it.

So what were you sent for?

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/yj7f3b

Just one of many. If you look back through the old topics, theres more interspersed. I thought it was mildly amusing, however I think my mouth got me into a bit of trouble. Oh well, what can you do?

My situation was an interesting one. Probably in all of this it will reveal who I am, but I'm not worried. My parents had been in a wonderful litigation process since i was about 8 because of their divorce, and it continued on for a long time. There were custody issues at the time i was admitted to HLA. I had just come out of another RTC and a wilderness before that. Instead of thrusting me into the mix of this insane court procession by allowing me to return home, they decided to send me to a kind of inbetween point until things were worked out. Both my parents were assured that I could stay at HLA for 3 months or so until the court proceedings were over and then they could reasess my admittance with no penalty. They were very very wrong. I served my entire term there, a full 22 months, and graduated. All the while, i found out that they had tried to strip my mother (at the time, an unemployed single mother, but the only one of my two parents who really cared about my well being) of her decision- making ability as my custodial parent, and through a guardian ad laudem (sp?) and a new ed con, grant my father (a retired VP of a defense contracting co. for upward of 20 years, Mr. Moneybags as I lovingly call him) sole custody.

So short answer, I was initially sent to treatment in general for a multitude of diagnosis they INFORMED me i had (Bi-Polar, knocked down to BPD, ODD, PTSD, etc...) all of which have since been disproven. I am no longer on any meds, nor see a therapist.

Offline Exterior

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

On 2006-04-27 10:18:00, Lacey wrote:

"http://tinyurl.com/yj7f3b

Just one of many. If you look back through the old topics, theres more interspersed. I thought it was mildly amusing, however I think my mouth got me into a bit of trouble. Oh well, what can you do?

My situation was an interesting one. Probably in all of this it will reveal who I am, but I'm not worried. My parents had been in a wonderful litigation process since i was about 8 because of their divorce, and it continued on for a long time. There were custody issues at the time i was admitted to HLA. I had just come out of another RTC and a wilderness before that. Instead of thrusting me into the mix of this insane court procession by allowing me to return home, they decided to send me to a kind of inbetween point until things were worked out. Both my parents were assured that I could stay at HLA for 3 months or so until the court proceedings were over and then they could reasess my admittance with no penalty. They were very very wrong. I served my entire term there, a full 22 months, and graduated. All the while, i found out that they had tried to strip my mother (at the time, an unemployed single mother, but the only one of my two parents who really cared about my well being) of her decision- making ability as my custodial parent, and through a guardian ad laudem (sp?) and a new ed con, grant my father (a retired VP of a defense contracting co. for upward of 20 years, Mr. Moneybags as I lovingly call him) sole custody.

So short answer, I was initially sent to treatment in general for a multitude of diagnosis they INFORMED me i had (Bi-Polar, knocked down to BPD, ODD, PTSD, etc...) all of which have since been disproven. I am no longer on any meds, nor see a therapist. "

Are you saying that HLA was trying to strip your mom of decision-making ability and custody?  

And the idea that ANYONE could go to HLA for just 3 months is such a joke.  They will tell you ANYHING to get you sucked in.   It's infuriating how they lie and manipulate the parents (not to mention the kids.)

Offline ap47

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
lol i remember aften, she was one crazy woman-thing. umm i couldnt find where she rambled could anyone create a link (to her text on this forums)on these forums?[ This Message was edited by: ap47 on 2006-04-29 08:21 ]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
Click search WWF on the left
Type  aftenthurston in the Author box
She also posted under realworld
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hla mom

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »
As of April 27th the pool is still not finished.
When we visited last summer we were led to believe
that the pool would be finished very soon. I guess
it all depends on what you mean by "very soon."

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »
Not surprising...till then the kids have acess to the lake....which they cannot swim in.

How's the horse program coming, according to latest reports it should have been done last february.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
On 2006-04-30 08:34:00, hla mom wrote:

"As of April 27th the pool is still not finished.

it all depends on what you mean by "very soon.""

Don't feel bad.  When I first visited in 2003 I was led to believe the chapel would be finished "very soon."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2006, 11:50:09 PM »
Quote from: ""hla mom""

Kathleen reported that the pool is open and being used "daily".

Treebir
Registered Member
(7/29/06 11:43 am)
Reply  Pool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Does anyone know when the pool will be ready for use?

kmfh10
Website Moderator
(9/8/06 2:37 pm)
Reply  Re: Pool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hi...it's open and beautiful...the student's are using it daily and loving it! Wish I could show you a photo...it is really nice.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2006, 01:39:17 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""hla mom""

Kathleen reported that the pool is open and being used "daily".

Treebir
Registered Member
(7/29/06 11:43 am)
Reply  Pool
 Does anyone know when the pool will be ready for use?

kmfh10
Website Moderator
(9/8/06 2:37 pm)
Reply  Re: Pool
 Hi...it's open and beautiful...the student's are using it daily and loving it! Wish I could show you a photo...it is really nice.

Then show a photo of it. While you're at it show us a photo of the chapel....