Author Topic: WWASPS  (Read 2971 times)

Offline johngorenfeld

• View Profile
WWASPS
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
Hey, I'm writing about WWASPS for AlterNet. The president, Ken Kay, tells me that abuse is "a very rare occurrence" at affiliated schools, with no more than at public schools -- "that doesn't mean we're gonna shut down the public schools."

The occasion is Rep. George Miller's call for these schools to be investigated by the non-partisan GAO; Kay argues that it is a politically-motivated move.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please drop me a line at [email protected].

Any help much appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline johngorenfeld

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
p.s. Any hard documentation -- PDFs, etc. -- much appreciated at the above email address.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
Hey there! :wave:

This prolly isn't what you were expecting in terms of a responce but you could save yourself a lot of trouble by pointing your browser to http://www.isaccorp.org (EDIT: Specific to WWASPS documents are at http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsnz.html#wwasp and http://www.isaccorp.org/wwasps.html )

LOTS of information there... and a lot less trouble than downloading and then sending you all of those documents ourselves.

Also, its not just WWASPS, its the whole industry of these places working outside the law with no oversight and the children within having nobody to turn to until AFTER theyre out of the program, including if they are even allowed to contact their parents doing so under duress and monitoring (and having the contact terminated if they tell them what was done to them or ANYTHING bad about the program).

Anywho, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for helping out. Happy Holidays!

As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.   On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
--H.L. Mencken

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-12-21 17:12 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline SurpassingTheFlow

• View Profile
    • http://www.erowid.org
WWASPS
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 03:27:00 AM »
Read my analysis about the amount of deaths in public schools vs. "programs" on page 5 of the "Another WWASP death" topic. I think I made a good summary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »
ISAAC doesn't have anything nice to say about any residential program for troubled teens.  But enjoy the reading and look at it for entertainment purposes - as it is quite bizarre at times.  

Not sure exactly what you need - but theres a good link that compiled a lot of information from REAL parents and teens.  ANy of those parents would be happy to talk with you honestly.  

I see you wrote about STRAIGHT and Sembler in Alternet today/this week.

Are you looking to write sensationalism or the truth?  http://www.wwasprebuttal.com - this is the truth as told by parents and teens.  ISAAC and any number of similar sites are anti program and that includes WWASPS.

You would be doing the world of troubled teens and troubled parents a service by writing about positive results and how so many thousands of lives were reclaimed and regained by these programs - not just WWASPS.  

You might also want to note that WWASPS does not pay educational consultants to refer to them, so they have plenty of reason to say negative things. I know this first hand.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 14:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

You would be doing the world of troubled teens and troubled parents a service by writing about positive results and how so many thousands of lives were reclaimed and regained by these programs - not just WWASPS.  

Damn, this feels like a fucking merry-go-round.  Please give us and kind of proof that these places save 'thousands' of lives......and not just anecdotal stories from parents who've invested wayyyyyyy too much time, money and effort to even consider the possibility that they were, in fact, DUPED!!  Again, please cite FACTS, no anecdotal stories.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
To the WWASP apologist: he asked you to email him. will you? I've never seen one program apologist here sign their post.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »

"ISAAC doesn't have anything nice to say about any residential program for troubled teens.  But enjoy the reading and look at it for entertainment purposes - as it is quite bizarre at times.  

Not sure exactly what you need - but theres a good link that compiled a lot of information from REAL parents and teens.  ANy of those parents would be happy to talk with you honestly.  

I see you wrote about STRAIGHT and Sembler in Alternet today/this week.

Are you looking to write sensationalism or the truth?  http://www.wwasprebuttal.com - this is the truth as told by parents and teens.  ISAAC and any number of similar sites are anti program and that includes WWASPS.

You might also want to note that WWASPS does not pay educational consultants to refer to them, so they have plenty of reason to say negative things. I know this first hand.  "

LOL you people can only point to your own damn company website. Get real, the world knows the truth and soon you will be exposed and ridiculed as you should be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
I cant believe this person STILL sites the wwasprebuttal site. helloooo they(wwasp vs pure) lost in federal court.The jury found the "competitor" not guilty.

The evidence,including pictures of kids in cages,was substantial.

You must be a new seminar attending parent. You have all the signs.All the program lingo.  

Get better informed.Your child's emotional health depends upon it.

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »
"You might also want to note that WWASPS does not pay educational consultants to refer to them, so they have plenty of reason to say negative things. I know this first hand"

Right...but they $PAY$ parents.

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
I forgot to add: the above is a good way to kill trolls and other assortments of demons, liars, and backstabbing program supporters.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
On 2005-12-22 14:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Damn, this feels like a fucking merry-go-round.  Please give us and kind of proof that these places save 'thousands' of lives......and not just anecdotal stories from parents who've invested wayyyyyyy too much time, money and effort to even consider the possibility that they were, in fact, DUPED!!  Again, please cite FACTS, no anecdotal stories."
The facts will speak for themselves, when we get them, we have none now to support either side.
Looks like an investigatiopn may start to compare Programs, private schools and the public school systems.  Once the data becomes available we all will have more of a valid argument instead of basing our positions on a few parents feelings on the subject or a couple of angry kids who had a bad experience.

The proof that they saved thousands of lives will be found or not found.  The same as any long term mental issues as a result.  Until we get the facts we are just a debate club without a library.

Give it time.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »
Ken Kay, tells me that abuse is "a very rare occurrence" at affiliated schools, with no more than at public schools -- "that doesn't mean we're gonna shut down the public schools."

I have spoken to many people who feel this way despite the well publicized problems in WWASPs.  The solution is obvious, someone needs to present some evidence from both sides or support a study by an independent agency.

This looks like it may be a start, go for it !!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 09:17:51 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Ken Kay, tells me that abuse is "a very rare occurrence" at affiliated schools, with no more than at public schools -- "that doesn't mean we're gonna shut down the public schools."

I have spoken to many people who feel this way despite the well publicized problems in WWASPs.  The solution is obvious, someone needs to present some evidence from both sides or support a study by an independent agency.

This looks like it may be a start, go for it !!!!

Ken Kay was also personally very fond of duct tape and pepper spray, we all know how you find that SOOOO funny!!!!