Author Topic: Does anyone ever just get depressed.....like cumulative stre  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Does anyone ever just get depressed.....like cumulative stre
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 03:11:00 AM »
We could not be anymore perfect than we already are.

Hon-Sha-Ze-Sho-Nen

[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2006-02-28 23:22 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
ONly BiTch3s get duhpressed and need to chat about it and 'work it out'.

Offline Verbal Razors

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
Try cannabis for depression..
Try Tylenol PM for sleep..
Youll get better
ever fuck with someone who has nothing to lose..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »
I'm with VB on this one. It's not PC to say smoke weed instead of taking meds, but it helps me. Recently, I was put on new meds and went off them. I feel even worse now than before I took the meds. I don't know what the answer is beyond meds and I'm not one to spout off some intellectual and spiritual propaganda either as if it's just that simple. People really don't get how hard it is to get out of depression.

For the most part I am able to function in the outside world when need be, but soon as night time rolls around it's another story. I also spend many a day in my pajamas and not answering my door or phone. I really feel for you as I know it is hard.

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »
On 2005-12-21 14:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm with VB on this one. It's not PC to say smoke weed instead of taking meds, but it helps me. Recently, I was put on new meds and went off them. I feel even worse now than before I took the meds. I don't know what the answer is beyond meds and I'm not one to spout off some intellectual and spiritual propaganda either as if it's just that simple. People really don't get how hard it is to get out of depression.

For the most part I am able to function in the outside world when need be, but soon as night time rolls around it's another story. I also spend many a day in my pajamas and not answering my door or phone. I really feel for you as I know it is hard.

"

Marijuana a natural plant..a flower..
 OR
 Some manmade 100 % synthetic overpriced pill?
 Remember when they gave us Prozac and said it was this miracle cure? then 10 years later "Ooops Prozac triggers suicidal bahavior...sorry hehe"
  The endless list of psych meds that lat6er turn out to range from downright unpleasant to deadly goes on and on..
 Heres a list of some of the psych meds Ive been on at one time or another ( I no longer take any and cannabis works fine)
  Prozac, paxil, buzpar, trazdone, lithium, librium, wellibutrin ( and about 8 more I cant rememeber..) none of them worked..
 Funny thing is I dont suffer from depression at all anymore..I live a productive life, work, have a family and healthy relationship with my fiancee, and generally enjoy life..
 We live in a messed up world and anyone with halfass awareness would be depressed now and again..
  Find something non toxic and run with it..

a linchpin holds within a means to an end[ This Message was edited by: linchpin on 2005-12-24 11:49 ]
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »
that maybe I ought to change my name on this forum to "Depressed" instead of "Deprogrammed", as it seems more fitting lately!.....just a joke though....The main reason that I originally chose the name of "Deprogrammed" is b/c it was a positive way to remind myself of keeping hope alive to be once totally "deprogrammed" one day, eventually. I definitely feel I may not have been as badly affected by "the program" as some but maybe more affected than others. This in my humble opinion is what happens when and overbearing "program" trys to use a "cookie-cutter remedy for individuals with individual problems. It just simply doesn't work at all.

Anyway,
Thank you all for every bit of advice and sharing your personal stories/battles with depression with me, and also your wisdom. I do really appreciate it that I called for help and ye all responded to me in such a sensative fashion.

This one is to the Groovy healer Chick:
I can relate a lot with what ye said to me...I am a "groovy Healer too my main struggle my whole life with and/or without program experiences has been healing myself.....It has always come more naturally for me to heal others, and I have the ability to do it very well, sometimes it is just like breathing(I don't even have to think about it at all.) But, with myself I have a really hard time.

To the person that suggested that I sit with it, and also Ginger: I agree also that I need to meditate....I haven't done that in a long time...and it is important. Thank you both so much for reminding me.

To the Cannabis users etc: I need peace within myself before I could part-take in anything like that right now...I have to be "in a good place w/ me in my mind and body" before that happens. I just really know myself in that way. Thank ye for the reminder though...point well taken.

thank you all who responded!

happy holidays and love I wish to ye all :smile:

sincerely,

-DP

Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
--Ambrose Bierce

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
its one of the fine "legacies"straight forgot to help us with.....i know just how you feel.when i got out of there all i felt like was that i needed a vacation or somthing...my brain was so stressed out that i never did function good in society....i've been "vacationing"ever since i got out and i'm still not happy....remember when they said we'd be aware of ourselves all the time?i believe this is why we get depressed...and all the things we do,good or bad don't seem to take it away....i mean with or without drugs,things we buy,wear etc....its hard to explain,but i hope this gets to you the right way....hippie564

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »
What's really freaky to come to realize is: Not everyone is fully aware of themselves, others, and the enviroment. I mean, I am, I always have been(since Straight). I honestly thought ALL people were that way, and I have expectations on them to be so. So, especially in relationships, I am kinda so hyper-sensitive, it's difficult to function natrually. I am constantly saying things like; "you are so oblivious." Which usually they respond with something like; "So? Is there something wrong with that?"

Well HELL YES, in my world it is wrong. You should be fully focused on everything - all the time. And if you aren't, you are sub-par, Multi-task damn it! Be aware! Of Everything! Then I try to explain why they should be super-aware and start to investigate for emotions they are "hiding". Then encourage them to search themselves for residual thoughts or feelings. So it turns into an investigation into their brain. Bleh~! I don't wanna read minds!

Now, to realize all people aren't as compulsive as I am about awareness of self especially, is very traumatic. See I have been wasting so much energy just staying aware of the whole entire world around me, I have not been able to be free and just live. This is where my depressive episodes begin, The awareness affliction we all have. I am so gawd damn tired of Having to constantly be aware of every single little thing. I want it to stop! I just wanna live, with good understanding of the world and awareness enough to protect myself. That's it! I don't want to analyze everything inside my brain or everything other people say or do or type. I just don't wanna, anymore.

So, I have been tuning out! Taking breaks from thinking, and just re-learning to trust my instincts and the universe will take care of the rest.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
On 2005-12-30 14:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What's really freaky to come to realize is: Not everyone is fully aware of themselves, others, and the enviroment. I mean, I am, I always have been(since Straight). I honestly thought ALL people were that way, and I have expectations on them to be so. So, especially in relationships, I am kinda so hyper-sensitive, it's difficult to function natrually. I am constantly saying things like; "you are so oblivious." Which usually they respond with something like; "So? Is there something wrong with that?"

Well HELL YES, in my world it is wrong. You should be fully focused on everything - all the time. And if you aren't, you are sub-par, Multi-task damn it! Be aware! Of Everything! Then I try to explain why they should be super-aware and start to investigate for emotions they are "hiding". Then encourage them to search themselves for residual thoughts or feelings. So it turns into an investigation into their brain. Bleh~! I don't wanna read minds!

Now, to realize all people aren't as compulsive as I am about awareness of self especially, is very traumatic. See I have been wasting so much energy just staying aware of the whole entire world around me, I have not been able to be free and just live. This is where my depressive episodes begin, The awareness affliction we all have. I am so gawd damn tired of Having to constantly be aware of every single little thing. I want it to stop! I just wanna live, with good understanding of the world and awareness enough to protect myself. That's it! I don't want to analyze everything inside my brain or everything other people say or do or type. I just don't wanna, anymore.

So, I have been tuning out! Taking breaks from thinking, and just re-learning to trust my instincts and the universe will take care of the rest. "

Excellent point!

-DP

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
On 2005-12-30 13:56:00, stillahippie564 wrote:

"its one of the fine "legacies"straight forgot to help us with.....i know just how you feel.when i got out of there all i felt like was that i needed a vacation or somthing...my brain was so stressed out that i never did function good in society....i've been "vacationing"ever since i got out and i'm still not happy....remember when they said we'd be aware of ourselves all the time?i believe this is why we get depressed...and all the things we do,good or bad don't seem to take it away....i mean with or without drugs,things we buy,wear etc....its hard to explain,but i hope this gets to you the right way....hippie564"