Author Topic: Does anyone ever just get depressed.....like cumulative stre  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Does anyone ever just get depressed.....like cumulative stre
« on: December 20, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »
I am not doing well lately or feeling well at all!

Thoughts opinions are fine with me.

I think I am just hating life lately, and it is unlike me to be this down, usually I can snap myself back up out of it, but I guess I just don't see the "light at the end of the tunnel" at this point.

warm regards to all,
-DP

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.
--Thomas Jefferson

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »
figures that I would be alone with this too......just not my day today apparently

From the bottom of any large organization looking up through the ranks, human greed and stupidity look a lot like a conspiracy.
--S. Gilbert

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »
Yo.

But what is there to say...??  The world is tough.  It's a tough life.

You got to look around you and see...see the world thru a childs eyes, or put on some good music with a lot of struggle in it and let that be your medicine.

That's my only advice right now.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
On 2005-12-20 19:24:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"Yo.

But what is there to say...??  The world is tough.  It's a tough life.

You got to look around you and see...see the world thru a childs eyes, or put on some good music with a lot of struggle in it and let that be your medicine.

That's my only advice right now.

"

Thanks I know your intentions are good...but those things are not helping right now fro some reason.

Under the benign influence of our republican institutions, and the maintenance of peace with all nations whilst so many of them were engaged in bloody and wasteful wars, the fruits of a just policy were enjoyed in an unrivaled growth of our faculties and resources.
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sergeman/foundingdocs/inaugural/madison1stinaug.html' target='_new'>James Madison

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »
Yeah...I didn't think they really would.  Cumulative stress, huh?  ...yeah, I got a lotta stress too.  Maybe someone else can relate...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
Fuck...I'm depressed now...I'm goin' ta bed.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
feeling not quite like myself lately anymore.....hard for me to explain I guess.
Normally I do the music thing and it helps, normally I do tell myself good things to help myself feel better but lately they are not working anymore and I am trying to figure out why.

I think what makes stepcraft survivors different is that we have participated in the Asch Experiment writ large, and know what we (and others)are capable of in that situation.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=7711&forum=8&start=42#157103' target='_new'>Johnny G.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
I going to bed too now ....I hope I can sleep, I have not been sleeping well lately at all.
I hope that ye sleep well pirate...thanks for at least responding and trying to help me I do appreciate it.
-DP

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »
sleep well.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
On 2005-12-20 18:52:00, Deprogrammed wrote:

"I am not doing well lately or feeling well at all!

Thoughts opinions are fine with me.

I think I am just hating life lately, and it is unlike me to be this down, usually I can snap myself back up out of it, but I guess I just don't see the "light at the end of the tunnel" at this point."

Well, having also been deep in depression (since finding info on Straight) for a few months, which is also not like me at all, I know how much depression sucks. I wish I had a magic answer for you. I just starting seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in the past few weeks. I know counseling is helping me...but I am not saying that is the answer for you. Christmas has helped me alot too, cause decorating and stuff like that cheers me up. So, I guess I would say, try doing something that always makes you happy, even if you arent in the mood to, and keep doing stuff that usually makes you happy, even if you dont feel it cheering you up at first. Just an idea, dont know if it would help.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »
A stint at the New, Improved, All-Ages    Straight, Inc-By-The-Sea (SIBS) is no doubt just what the Doctor ordered..
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »
On 2005-12-20 20:24:00, Dr. Miller Newton wrote:

"A stint at the New, Improved, All-Ages    Straight, Inc-By-The-Sea (SIBS) is no doubt just what the Doctor ordered.."

Yikes! I think that would drive poor DP into a much deeper depression! Any doctor that orders SIBS clearly should have his license revoked! Oh that's right I forgot, you're a wannabe doctor with a fake degree.  :roll:

Perhaps SIBS will help you get honest about your lack of credentials Doctor Newton.  :em:
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

dragonfly

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »

dragonfly

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
I can remember being as young as 6 or 7 and telling someone I was depressed. It was a summer camp counselor. Weird experience, Kiddie Kollege, now that I think of it. That was around the time Seed culture really started to overshadow everything and these were long haired hippie FAU students. They were all nice to us, too.

Anyway, he asked me what I was depressed about. I said nothing, I'm just depressed. It'll pass. It always does. Freaked him out a little.

On 2005-12-20 21:07:00, dragonfly wrote:

So for two whole days, sit in a warm place and drink tea and just sit there, maybe wrapped in a blanket. Just sit there

Yeah, I used to do this sort of thing quite a lot as a little kid. Not usually all day. But taking a break to stare at running water while washing something or sneaking off to lay up in the tree and listen, things like that. I think that's what they call meditation or prayer or daydreaming or somethin'. W/e, good stuff anyway.

By the year 2000, we will, I hope, raise our children to believe in human potential, not God.
--Gloria Steinam, women's rights activist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes