Author Topic: AF Thread: Teacher Runs From HLA  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AF Thread: Teacher Runs From HLA
« on: December 18, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
Topic: Teacher Runs From HLA

marla  posted 2/7/05 5:15 PM        
As per this demand, Marla?s post was deleted
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =90#154999

SHH  posted 2/20/05 11:34 PM    
-------------------------------------------
So why dont you tell us whether you were a fired employee or just quit. Because I personally know about the school and never saw anybody doing things because it was sadistically fun. Be careful where you are treading...if its not the truth...dont act like it is....just because YOU didnt like working there and want some sort of "payback"....your statements here are not all the truth..and you know it.  

RobertBruce  posted 2/21/05 3:54 PM    
---------------------------------------------
Shhh thankyou for confirming that you are in fact an employee and a stooge of HLA. Nothing you say can be taken as bearing any sort of truth to it. Youre a liar and should be punished for what you do to children. I hope you all get whats coming to you.  

SHH  posted 2/21/05 4:49 PM    
------------------------------------------
I am not an employee....however....I used to be....from 1997 to 1998. And I was associated with the school for almost 7 years. And am PROUD to be associated with it....overall the school does wonderful things and I am not ashamed to have known it as my home for 4 of those 7 years. I have never abused nor appreciate being ACCUSED of abusing children either. So stick with your insults of the school please. You dont KNOW me.  

RobertBruce  posted 2/22/05 4:25 AM    
--------------------------------------------
Oh but now I bet I do. I was held there against my will during that time period youre refering to. Since you obviously were a part of the abuse (since youre defending it now) you were one of the many who did in fact abuse children. I want you to accept that and perhaps send your children away..for their own protection.  

SHH  posted 2/22/05 1:13 PM    
I am not a child abuser...I never laid a hand on any child at the school and I dont abuse my own children. I was a teacher clerical assistant and I type and mailed YOUR progress reports to your parents. If you call me a child abuser one more time I WILL sue you for slander. Do you get my POINT? I think you do.  

RobertBruce  posted 2/22/05 9:08 PM    
-----------------------------------------
You worked for and still advocate a system and institution that abuses children. Thus you were part of the problem, thus a child abuser. By all means sue me, Id would love nothing more than to prove my case that you as an employee of HLA did in fact abuse children. Maybe it will be the first step in closing it down, and putting all of you to shame. Oh and just for the record, slander is spoken, libel is printed.  

SHH  posted 2/23/05 3:53 AM    
Robert honey you need some serious counseling and anger management. Doesnt sound to me like you were at HLA long enough in my opinion. Sorry you hate the world so badly. Try looking inward for the source of your pain instead of blaming others for what you are. We all have to take responsibility for our own healing at some point in our lives and quit passing the buck. Life sucks...and then you move on. Everybody has a "been there, done that" story. Dont think you are the only one. Good Luck with it.  

RobertBruce  posted 2/23/05 4:54 AM    
Who are you calling honey? Im a married man, I thought we were going to discuss your promiscuity issues. Perhaps after we deal with your need to abuse children. Either way, no in fact I spent waaaaay to long a time at HLA, and no Im not angry at the world at all. Im as happy as clam trust me. Im not even angry at HLA, I simply recognize it for what it is. Perhaps youre projecting your own anger issues towards me simply because I saw through your little bull shit program and called you out on your behaviors, namely child abusing. Well perhaps youre real issue is youre just pissed off that you didnt get anymore of my money. After all, we all know thats all the people at HLA are really interested in isnt it?  

SHH  posted 2/23/05 6:29 AM    
-------------------------------------
Honey is a term of endearment in the south....everybody is called honey..and its used for people younger than yourself..and I am also married..and about twice your age too. And once again...2 years inbetween my 2 marriages hardly constitutes promiscuity! LMAO! (Im still laughing over that one) oh and by the way..I made 6 bucks an hour typing those progress reports of yours...I hardly got rich over your tuition money.Price any other boarding school and youll see a similar fee. Remember, it costs money to pay 160 employees and pay a 10,000 dollar electric bill. Nobody is getting rich.  

RobertBruce  posted 2/23/05 3:53 PM    
----------------------------------------
Of course, a $5000+ tuition is more than reasonable. Espically with all the amazing emenities that are given to the students like.......oh yeah they dont give the student a whole lot do they? Give me a freaking break, Im a junior in college and I pay only slightly more for a semester of college than the cost of that crap whole. And trust me babe Im getting awhole lot more out of college then I ever got out of your prison. As to no one getting rich, Im not sure Bucci would agree with you, but perhaps his and the schools tax returns will soon become public and then we will just see wont we? Oh and you still havent explained how it is teenagers at HLA can be labeled promiscuious by having sex with a single person, while you apparently give it out like its candy to TWO DIFFERENT MEN in less than five years and arent labeled a skank. Please explain that to me?  

RobertBruce  posted 3/6/05 3:50 AM    
Spelled Dahlongea wrong, but still so many interesting verifable facts.
http://www.heal-online.org/hiddenlake.htm  

Geneva  posted 3/14/05 2:50 AM    
everything she said was true. i believe i know who you are talking about marla, im somewhat worried about her. thank goid you got out. that school was sadistic, there were such things as pulling those large wooden light posts with staff standing on them, just about 10 kids, this was child labour and this school is very unstable. they do believe if you are being honest with your parents then you are manipulating. i was fortunate to have a counselor that actually listened.  

RobertBruce  posted 3/15/05 7:29 AM    
---------------------------------------
"Keep Fishing if you feel its true. There's nothing much that we can do, To save you from yourself."  

c  posted 3/26/05 8:14 AM    
---------------------------------------
I was in peer group 17 and I know firsthand about the abuse that has gone on at HLA.  

former pg68 kid  posted 3/27/05 9:09 PM    
hey Geneva, are you the Geneva from pg 68 by chance? if so im glad u got out...i was in ur pg, i left last August. By the way, everything marla said is true...sick fucks  

Deborah  posted 3/28/05 4:24 AM    
Just wanted to invite ya'll to participate at the Fornits HLA forum.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewforum.php?forum=41&159  

yoshi  posted 4/1/05 1:25 AM        
i'm a student who got out of HLA after 18 months of abuse. i was in pg56, and can tottaly relate to some of the things you guys are describing. i'm looking for people that can testify in court against HLA. if you feel you can, reply.  

49  posted 4/9/05 2:07 AM    
wanna know bout hla aim stlrfn52  

HLA student  posted 4/10/05 3:39 AM    
hey marla. i was in your theatre arts class a few months. glad to see you out...glad to see ill be gone for good in about a month. give your number, and ill call...didn't get to know you that well...but love your concern.
sincerly, me  

Antonio  posted 4/16/05 12:30 AM        
Good day to all present and former HLA people. I worked at HLA for about 8 months and there was some things I agreed with and some I did not agree with. I worked there while Marla was there. For me the HLA experience was like any other job you like some things and you dislike some things. If you dislike things then you move on. I was a counselor and I had experience before going into the job and I did not feed into the admin. I did my job like it was describe in the job description. I was not fired. I left because I wanted to pursue a teaching and coaching career and to spend more time with my children. The school is a therapeutic boarding school which consist of students that have emotional, behavioral, drug and alchol, and family problems. Some belong and some do not belong. The school is not supposed to be easy. Yes you have students there who cut, yes you have homosexuals there, yes you have students who may get into fights, and yes you have some inexperience counselors and teachers. But anyone who will enroll their child make sure its the best situation for there student. The school does have some success and no therapy is 100 percent gaurenteed. Every school and/or job has it good and bad sides. The school has some good things but does need some revamping to make it a better experience for the staff and students.

juniper  posted 4/19/05 3:51 AM    
how does a parent get in touch with you?  

juniper  posted 4/20/05 2:50 AM    
Marla, A group of parents of hla are tring to find you..How do we reach you.?  

Chris Legacy  posted 4/26/05 6:26 AM        
Hi, some People may know others may not. but to get to the point i was dismissed from HLA. the reasons are my own. But to all the parents I want you to know this. At HLA they have the power to give you children STRIP Searches. as well as tackle your children if they run away. i know cause a dear friend of mine was tackle by Jeff Holaway(SATAN) Also Charles Cates is a worthless chipmunk who thinks he is the next homer. the only teacher i had respect for there is Hawley Stevens. i will write more later i have to go.  

and  posted 4/26/05 11:47 AM    
The strip searches are done with 2 staff of same sex as student, and done with underwear left on. It is not a full cavity search which is done in prisons.  

RobertBruce  posted 4/26/05 5:11 PM    
liar.  

prove it  posted 4/26/05 10:08 PM    
Liar? who's lying Robert? It's not me.  

Chris Legacy  posted 4/30/05 10:37 PM        
As I said before I have more to say. I know first hand that you actually do take your underwear off and you squat down and cough(It really is uncomfortable). I who have no drug problems had to do this. The school had no sence of trust in the student body. Yeah there were Honor Societies there, but to join them still got you no more trust by both staff, and students cause there was the fear you were going to snitch to look good. I mean there is so much shit going on at HLA, kids are having sex in the bathroom. I would know I was one of them. It was one of the reasons I was dismissed from the school. Although I was lucky enough to get my Diploma from them. If you really see fit to send your kids to this school then really think how they will do. There are two kinds of kids there. there are the kids who break the rules in such a way that draws attention. Then there are the kids who break the rules and are under the radar. I hung out with the kids who were under the radar. I will miss my friends at HLA but since every HLA kid knows about this site and hopes to see someday, I will say this if you know me e-mail me and you can know what has happened to the kid who had sex at HLA several times. I am actually doing well, I am dating someone, and I have a job among other things. You can e-mail me at [email protected]  

RobertBruce  posted 5/9/05 3:22 PM    
Didnt help me much at all. Oh darn you got me I am BN, Bartholomew Nesbit peer group 11. Oh and Im sure you dont know a "Mrs. Grey" since thats not the name she prefers, do you simply call her "bullfrog" or some other cute pet name? Both of I want you to seriously face facts, you have no clue as to who I am, stop pretending otherwise.  

ANON.  posted 5/10/05 1:41 AM    
And I want you to recognize the fact that you don't know me. If you did, you would know that I don't know Mrs. Grey. "Bullfrog?" Thats creative, albeit a little odd. I really appreciate the entertainment value your responses provide.  

RobertBruce  posted 5/10/05 2:36 AM    
---------------------------------
Go ahead and post the comment I made in which I claimed I knew who you were.Go ahead and follow that up by the comment I made in which I claimed I care who you are. I truly dont, you on the otherhand along with Mrs. Grey or bullfrog or again "Shhhh" as she wishes people would refer to as(no reason to do so) seem to believe you do know who I am, unfortuantly youre to stupid to accept the obvious truth, but then again thats probably why you support HLA. Unwilling to accept the truth.  

katfish  posted 5/10/05 4:11 AM    
Hey Rb, I don't know you or much about HLA, though I've read some awful things here and on the fronits site. Keep up the postings. You get a lot of shit of speaking the truth but there are people out there listening- I attended Mission Mountain School, a therputic boarding school in Montana that was awful and abusive in, for the most part, the psychological sense. I found it abusive and can empathize with your plite. Keep it up, Robert Bruce, whoever you are! I hold you in the highest regard...
Respectfully, kat  

a friend  posted 5/10/05 1:02 PM    
The following is a letter I had written i response to a concerned parent who currently has a child at HLA:
"Hello. The letter you viewed was one I'd written last year around this time actually. I'd
love to answer any questions you have. I must first ask though, why was he sent to HLA? The reason I ask is because I want you to ask yourself a very serious question, Was the way he was before he went to HLA as dangerous as how he may feel upon his life after HLA?
I'll give you a quick background of my story in order for you to understand. Right up to the time before I went to HLA, I had ceased caring whether I lived or died and had become a wandering junkie among the streets after dropping out of school and running away from home. I was sent to HLA upon a court order. I don't want to go into detail about how horrible my experience was at HLA, but I will say that there's no real individual counseling in order to find out what each child needs. It's all done the cheapest way possible in order for them to still say that they are counseling, which is group counseling. Group counseling on a mass structure can be successful when everyone may be suffering from the same problems such as Alcoholics Anonymous, but in this case what one child needs another may not. You must also understand that because of this they fill everyones heads with the same rules of life by breaking down everything they've been taught and rebuilding their thinking. This sounds as if it could be good, yes? But it's not. It's not actually correcting any problems. It's covering them up with a therapeutic veneer and teaching them to suppress their problems since they're not acctually working through them. This insures that they may seem like things are better for them and that they're cured for a long enough time for them to leave HLA and then some. As you know though, anything suppressed will eventually surface and need to be dealt with again. So in actuallity HLA did nothing except offer a temporary fix. For some it does work, but very few. Most of the children end up with double the amount of problems, because you
then have to worry about the same old problems accompanied by the trust issues and
identity disorder that HLA has installed.
After leaving HLA I started noticing that I felt like a robot. It took awhile to figure out who I was again. Through all this searching I was lucky, because I started noticing subtle beauties in life that made me want to live, plus being sober I was able to look back at all the wrongs I'd done and people I'd hurt and became determined to change some of my ways. Now I'm a very happy person for the most part, but I do suffer from some problems that I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to overcome, because my mind doesn't recognize them. They're purely irrational thoughts that I can't control which cause me to have panic attacks. I have social anxiety disorder and some serious trust issues from things my last psychologist said had become such a deep part of my psyche that it was part of my personality and could become a danger to try to change. I have learned to function fine as long as I take my medication. I am in a very successful relationship, my parents and I are now much better friends, and I care about my life as well as others'... Once again, I must say, that was my story. Everybody's story's different.
For some the rebellious teenager is just a phase. It's practically impossible to know that though since we can't see the future. My parents have apologized a few times about getting me sent to HLA, because they see what it has done. They say that if they could go back they would do things differently. I don't think it's that easy though. I needed some help and my parents just didn't know what to do. I do not blame them for anything. They did what they felt they had to after we'd gotten into some serious scuffles and they saw me slowly but rapidly dying. You can see why I said that this is a very hard question to deal with.
My advice personally is not HLA and is one on one counseling with the whole family. Make sure also that the psychologist is not a friend of anyone in the family, because you do not want them to be tempted into taking sides because of the personal relationship he/she has with a family member. For all we know, there may be things about all of you that may need to change in order for there to be that balance that your family needs. I know that's how it was for us, my family that is. This means that you must be open for anything that your therapist may say to you without getting defensive. There is no easy way out of this.
Remember that... I to have never told my parents certain disturbing things that have
gone on there, because they already beat themselves up over sending me there, so I can
understand why your son is reluctant to say anything. Plus there's also the fact that he's
scared to because of what they may try to pull. I was brainwashed into trying to commit
suicide when they found out that I was trying to get my court order dropped because I felt
like I'd worked through all of my problems, mostly on my own because i was willing and
wanted to change things in my life. They wanted me to slip up and try something so as
not to lose my money. It didn't exactly work as they wanted it to because we discovered
what they were trying to do. Avarice and the ability to control someone's mind don't mix...
Concerning your academics worry, there are no real academics. In spanish, the answers
were always on the bottom of the page upside down and no teaching was involved, just
worksheets. It's a gimic in order to make the parents feel as if some change is occuring.
You cannot fail a class, you get incompletes until they make you do it with work
assignments or calistenics. I remember when I made honor roll, my parents were so proud
that I didn't even tell them that I was only in my first week of the school classes and hadn't actually done anything yet. So he may get good grades, but there's no serious learning taking place. I'd be more worried about his being able to function upon leaving than his academics though, because his credits should transfer fine. But he may do horrible in the next school because although it states that he made an A in the previous math class, there's a good chance he didn't learn anything, so it's going to be more difficult for him to keep up since he's been out of a real school environment for so long... I hope that all of this will encourage you to make the decision you feel is best. I'm sorry you must go through this, but since you must, please make the best educated decision possible. This is your son's future and possibly his life at stake. Since you obviously care about him in order to seek my help, I'm sure you'll do what is best.
Here is a link yu may find helpful, http://www.heal-online.org/hiddenlake.htm.... Are
you aware that there are a few class action lawsuits in the works against HLA?.. Please do not tell HLA that you have spoken with me. They are very powerful and have the ability to come up with answers to anything, hence the psychologist part. I'm risking alot by sharing these things with you. Thankyou and Goodluck. Love, Me"
I have posted this with the hopes that I could help answer some questions for those in
worry.  

ANON.  posted 5/10/05 1:04 PM    
Did I strike a nerve? You seem to be a little upset "RB." For someone that doesn't seem to care you have an awful lot of anger in your response. As for the idiot comment, I have never once made mention of support for HLA in any of my posts. Technically that would make you the idiot for assuming you know what the hell you are talking about without asking questions. I simply stated that I knew who you were. Ah yes, the life of post-grad student. Since you don't care, I am left to assume you won't respond.  

RobertBruce  posted 5/10/05 3:23 PM    
Did you strike a nerve? No. Again typical response of a person who has been brainwashed by the HLA cult, you assume anytime a person proves you wrong that its out of anger. Truth be told I find all of you cult members to be a source of amusement, you, Mrs. Grey, Lynn, Erik. Seriously you come on here make stupid comments and generalizations believing yourself to be far smarter then youre ever capable of being, and then when put in your place it always comes back to the same indoctrinated answer "Youre angry" "youve got issues". Why because Im willing to tell the truth about HLA? Or because Im right on the money concerning all of you? You people are beyond predicatable, and beyond hilarious. And as funny as I find all of you to be I would think after all this time youd be able to come up with some new tricks, honestly this is the same song and dance I heard while at HLA. But by all means like I said I find all of you to be a source of amusement so please keep it up. Tell me more about how you know who I am, I mean just the other day I was BN now Im RB one minute I lived in California, then in Washington. Seriously doofus keep it up, I get a huge kick out of watching you people jump through hoops, or when faced with an unbreakable argument resort to the "you seem angry" approach. Tell me something though, if you do in fact support HLA why hide it, and if you dont, then why are you here? Looking forward to evasion techniques, oh and more discussion about me being an idiot for making assumptions about you supporting HLA (gosh I cant fathom why someone who didnt would come on here trying to guess my identity) followed by you still "assuming" not only that you know who I am, but that I either think I know or even care who you are. Tell me again whos made assumptions and who's made reasonable concluscions, ill give you a clue the former would be you the later myself. Oh I also wanted to make mention specifically of one or two or your comments
"Technically that would make you the idiot for assuming you know what the hell you are talking about without asking questions."
Wow I guess this makes you not only an idiot, along with hypocritical and predicatable, but hysterical as well. Keep up the good work. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
" I simply stated that I knew who you were. "
Which again youve made beyond clear you dont. But keep trying I seriously find your attempts laughable.
"Ah yes, the life of post-grad student."
Post-grad? That would suggest you know some, which I guess would mean you have some familiarity with HLA? My earlier question to you still stands.
"Since you don't care, I am left to assume you won't respond. "
More assumptions from you, will they ever end? I doubt it, oh also I stated I didnt care as to your identity, which again I dont, youre far to unimportant and minimal for really anyone to care who you are. As I said I only talk to you because I enjoy watching you jump through hoops as you try desperatly to guess and pretend concerning my identity. You assumed that I believed I knew who you were, based on nothing I had stated, when you were proven wrong you claimed I was angry about.......something Im not sure of, get back to me on that, and again keep up the good work, with Mrs. Grey cowering in the shadows in fear I need at least one of you to laugh at regurarly. Oh and I guess it turns out you were wrong with yet another assumption....again.  

ANON.  posted 5/10/05 5:25 PM    
--------------------------------------------
Bravo!!! That was the performance I have grown to know and love. Thank you.  

RobertBruce  posted 5/11/05 3:30 AM    
Now let me see where was that quote oh yes here it is "Looking forward to evasion techniques" thank you for being ever so predictable and a constant source of amusement.  

ANON.  posted 5/11/05 9:26 PM    
RB. I had a wonderfully sarcastic response already lined up... But to be honest with you, I share many of your sentiments regarding HLA.
However, the antagonism within many of your posts tends to overshadow the true power of your words. As long as you know what is true, who cares what people say. It's pointless to argue with them! Am I curious as to who you are? Of course I am. Am I losing sleep over it no? At this point I am going to end this little banter that we have shared. I encourage you to continue posting, but do hope that you will understand what I mean about the power of your words. Sometimes, less truly is more. I hope you find the peace that you are seeking and am glad that you seem to be doing okay, post HLA. Take care.  

RobertBruce  posted 5/12/05 2:21 PM    
---------------------------------------------
Would you refer to this as disengadgeing? Youre backed into a corner and cant get out of it without bailing out all together. Oh well I imagien we will see you again using another name, singing the same song as before.
Why would a person who is against HLA be curious about my identity? I mean you claim now youre curious as to who I am, but before you were certian you already knew. Which is it?
But I digress, run away if you feel you must, again Im sure ill see you again under a different name. In the mean time I'll remain willing to share the reality of HLA with anyone interested, and continue shooting down the tired played out arguments of those who support it.  

ANON.  posted 5/12/05 9:45 PM    
Robert, I am sorry that you were unable or unwilling to accept my post at the face value for which it was offered. Unfortunately, this speaks highly of your character. I am not disengaging, as there was never a relationship or reasonable debate to disengage from. Yes I was curious about your identity. Obviously I don't know who you are...and thats perfectly okay with me. I have never made it a secret that I was a former employee of HLA. Quite frankly, you never asked. Depending on when you attended, we may have been there at the same time. But like you, I am hesitant to post my name on the internet. If you look back, I have less than five posts and none of them supported or criticized the school. If I truly supported every aspect of HLA, common logic would tell you that I would still be employed there today. Again, I am truly sorry if I offended you. I do wish you well.  

ANON.  posted 5/12/05 9:49 PM    
To clear things up, my assumption was that you were Blaire N. from Pg. 26 hence the post-grad comment.  

RobertBruce  posted 5/13/05 10:40 PM    
Such a different tone from you now. Why is that? Are you accepting the things you cannot change? Namely that you came off as a bloviating retard who swore up and down that you not only who I was but where I lived. Claimed you "didnt need to guess" as to my identity, which again you failed to make mention of why it matters? Now you can cry about it now, and claim you came on here for other reasons, but the real reason you initiated the coversation was to try and get me to reveal myself to you. Im sorry you were to stupid to accomplish that. Furthermore if a former HLA employee espically a counsoler or admin. member questions my character rest assured I take it as the highest possible compliment. After all we all know what a bunch of sick degenerates most of you were, who got your kicks off of abusing kids anything you people disapprove of has to be a positive thing. I hope by your tone though this doesnt mean ive seen the end of you, as I said before I find you and your kind to be hysterical and a daily source of amusement, so please keep it up.

THREAD CLOSED AFTER THIS MESSAGE
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »