Author Topic: Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen  (Read 31083 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lars

  • Posts: 156
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »
When did Bud leave?  He was an interesting & entertaining teacher.  His wife JoAnn was a real sweetheart.  Did he take off for bigger & better things?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »
he left in '01 and is the principal at Poly Tech in Brooklyn, NY
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote
On 2006-06-30 07:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"he left in '01 and is the principal at Poly Tech in Brooklyn, NY"


Great to know Bud is away from Hyde and doing well.  He was too good and too normal for Hyde School. He didn't belong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »
Quote
On 2006-06-30 07:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"he left in '01 and is the principal at Poly Tech in Brooklyn, NY"


Cool!

 :tup:  :tup:  :tup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
Quote
On 2005-12-17 11:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I found the below post on another thread.  I feel it is worth repeating because it is so on point!  I do not know how wrote this, but he/she covers the most important problems at Hyde.  This does not mean Hyde does not work for some, but please note, this is pretty much what you get when you attend Hyde................................................................................................





 I sincerely appreciated your thoughtful message. Your concern about Hyde students responding on this site with perhaps inflammatory words is probably just age-appropriate, but may also truly reflect their frustration in being so very suppressed 24/7 and living in a fear-oriented atmosphere....this is just my gut reaction. This gives them a venue to vent without being (hopefully) put on 2/4.



I learned of this site recently from parents of a wonderful young man who spent two years at Hyde - He did NOT want to be a senior at Hyde - he was tired of it all, and was extremely frustrated that he was constantly being pulled out of academic classes to act as a "senior Proctor" for the kids on 2/4 when the school could not find enough available seniors.



He is happy with his transtion - but Hyde put his parents through absolute hell and agony when they chose to withdraw him - recommendations and school reports and all that stuff that is required to transfer ANYWHERE were just incredibly difficult to get.........Hyde didn't want to lose this student, but they did.



They also lost my son after just one year - My husband and I were totally "on board" with Hyde and totally committed to availing us of all opportunities...........participated fully and honestly at Family Weekends and FLCs. But it started to become apparent that we, too, were living in an atmosphere of fear and "Big Brother is Watching You" - There were often many HAPA parents strolling around with flat affect on their faces and "snooping" into people's private conversations, etc. - It was just so eery - My husband and I have made some really wonderful friends at Hyde - but our bond has been the genuine laughter we shared when we were allowed "off campus" for a meal during these weekends.



But backing up a bit - our son went to Hyde with our blessing for a few reasons. He is learning disabled, has two genetic brain anomalies which impact his auditory processsing and his word retrieval abilites. He needs the structure of a "shoe box" and NOT the structure of a "football field" - he was adopted at birth and has waded through immense attachment issues.



We thought the Hyde Message was great - (It turns out that the messenger is 180 degrees opposite...)



In our interview, we were told the following:



1. There were many adopted children at Hyde - and they were about to launch special programs for these adopted children with huge issues.



2. We were encouraged to sign our son up to participate in the "LEAD Program" - a nightly special ed study hall/classroom where their individual needs would be addressed - for this, we paid an additional 2/3,000 dollars each semester.



FACT-



Yes, there are many, many adopted children at Hyde - they never started any sort of help program - and when asked, they were dismissive - child's problems had nothing to do with adoption - we should just reach further into ourselves to ascertain that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" - In an FLC seminar, I mentioned that for our son, adopted at birth, the apple fell from a different tree in another orchard.........I got the evil stare from the facilitator - a divorcee and recovered (recovering?? - as are many...) alcoholic - she chewed me out literally after the seminar broke...



LEAD Program - we paid extra thousands of dollars so our son could get the extra academic help that he truly needs. Turns out that the LEAD program has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, to do with helping kids with learning disabilities. It is just a mandatory study hall - staffed by whomever might be available - there was absolutely no help given to individual students - according to our son, whom we have chosen to listen to, most of the time was spent by the "proctor" critiquing, criticising and demeaning the kids.



I spoke to a few of my son's teachers periodically about his progress. Bear in my mind, it can be VERY, VERY difficult to reach a teacher - you might wait DAYS for a return phone call - not always, but often enough.



I was just blown away by one of my son's teachers - who, after several questions from me, finally admitted that her "teaching credentials" included ONLY studying a foreign language in HIGH SCHOOL and then spending a few weeks in Europe!!!! She had no certification at all!!



The other issue which transcends all of the above is the lack of adequate medical staff. I have talked to many, many parents at Hyde. Some of their children have huge medical/psychological issues. And Hyde has a nurse and nursing staff who basically distribute meds.........period!!



When my son was ill last Winter at Hyde, I was phoned to be advised that he would be taken to a local doctor. I asked for his symptons - was told what they were - and then I asked if they had read his medical history - They had NOT - My son had a life-threatening disease when he was 3/5 years old - it impacts ALL medical intervention for him - they couldn't find his records - I ended up driving to Hyde on a minute's notice to take him to their local off-campus doctor - we ended up in the local hospital for further tests - and he was much sicker than Hyde would EVER have known, because THEY DIDN'T READ HIS HISTORY or COULD NOT FIND IT. I was appalled, and this incident started to turn the tide against HYDE for us as a family.



I just thought that if they can't even take care of him medically, how on earth can they take care of his learing issues.



I don't know how many of you know that there is no doctor on the Hyde campus and there are absolutely no medical professionals on campus to help a myriad of kids with a myriad of issues.



But one tragic moment sticks in my mind - and will stick in my mind forever........and should make ANY prospective parent think twice about Hyde and its abilitiy to deal with an emergency....



A father of a Hyde-Woodstock boy collapsed outside the gym last Spring - Hyde had no doctor to help him, Hyde had no defribilator to help, Hyde eventually called a local ambulance. The father died where he fell. Hyde THEN had NO help for the many kids who witnessed this tragedy.....Hyde again had no plan...........



And they seem to have truly NO plan for much of anything, but the constant hype to solicit the almighty $$$$ at every possible gathering.



Shame on Joe Gauld - and shame on his pathetic family followers and other wierd followers.......



I have never been in such a negative atmosphere - smiles and "good stuff" is put down. Truly sad....

"


Bumppiddy bump bump. :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2006, 11:41:00 PM »
Quote
On 2006-07-04 11:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
Quote

On 2005-12-17 11:15:00, Anonymous wrote:


"I found the below post on another thread.  I feel it is worth repeating because it is so on point!  I do not know how wrote this, but he/she covers the most important problems at Hyde.  This does not mean Hyde does not work for some, but please note, this is pretty much what you get when you attend Hyde................................................................................................








 I sincerely appreciated your thoughtful message. Your concern about Hyde students responding on this site with perhaps inflammatory words is probably just age-appropriate, but may also truly reflect their frustration in being so very suppressed 24/7 and living in a fear-oriented atmosphere....this is just my gut reaction. This gives them a venue to vent without being (hopefully) put on 2/4.





I learned of this site recently from parents of a wonderful young man who spent two years at Hyde - He did NOT want to be a senior at Hyde - he was tired of it all, and was extremely frustrated that he was constantly being pulled out of academic classes to act as a "senior Proctor" for the kids on 2/4 when the school could not find enough available seniors.





He is happy with his transtion - but Hyde put his parents through absolute hell and agony when they chose to withdraw him - recommendations and school reports and all that stuff that is required to transfer ANYWHERE were just incredibly difficult to get.........Hyde didn't want to lose this student, but they did.





They also lost my son after just one year - My husband and I were totally "on board" with Hyde and totally committed to availing us of all opportunities...........participated fully and honestly at Family Weekends and FLCs. But it started to become apparent that we, too, were living in an atmosphere of fear and "Big Brother is Watching You" - There were often many HAPA parents strolling around with flat affect on their faces and "snooping" into people's private conversations, etc. - It was just so eery - My husband and I have made some really wonderful friends at Hyde - but our bond has been the genuine laughter we shared when we were allowed "off campus" for a meal during these weekends.





But backing up a bit - our son went to Hyde with our blessing for a few reasons. He is learning disabled, has two genetic brain anomalies which impact his auditory processsing and his word retrieval abilites. He needs the structure of a "shoe box" and NOT the structure of a "football field" - he was adopted at birth and has waded through immense attachment issues.





We thought the Hyde Message was great - (It turns out that the messenger is 180 degrees opposite...)





In our interview, we were told the following:





1. There were many adopted children at Hyde - and they were about to launch special programs for these adopted children with huge issues.





2. We were encouraged to sign our son up to participate in the "LEAD Program" - a nightly special ed study hall/classroom where their individual needs would be addressed - for this, we paid an additional 2/3,000 dollars each semester.





FACT-





Yes, there are many, many adopted children at Hyde - they never started any sort of help program - and when asked, they were dismissive - child's problems had nothing to do with adoption - we should just reach further into ourselves to ascertain that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" - In an FLC seminar, I mentioned that for our son, adopted at birth, the apple fell from a different tree in another orchard.........I got the evil stare from the facilitator - a divorcee and recovered (recovering?? - as are many...) alcoholic - she chewed me out literally after the seminar broke...





LEAD Program - we paid extra thousands of dollars so our son could get the extra academic help that he truly needs. Turns out that the LEAD program has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, to do with helping kids with learning disabilities. It is just a mandatory study hall - staffed by whomever might be available - there was absolutely no help given to individual students - according to our son, whom we have chosen to listen to, most of the time was spent by the "proctor" critiquing, criticising and demeaning the kids.





I spoke to a few of my son's teachers periodically about his progress. Bear in my mind, it can be VERY, VERY difficult to reach a teacher - you might wait DAYS for a return phone call - not always, but often enough.





I was just blown away by one of my son's teachers - who, after several questions from me, finally admitted that her "teaching credentials" included ONLY studying a foreign language in HIGH SCHOOL and then spending a few weeks in Europe!!!! She had no certification at all!!





The other issue which transcends all of the above is the lack of adequate medical staff. I have talked to many, many parents at Hyde. Some of their children have huge medical/psychological issues. And Hyde has a nurse and nursing staff who basically distribute meds.........period!!





When my son was ill last Winter at Hyde, I was phoned to be advised that he would be taken to a local doctor. I asked for his symptons - was told what they were - and then I asked if they had read his medical history - They had NOT - My son had a life-threatening disease when he was 3/5 years old - it impacts ALL medical intervention for him - they couldn't find his records - I ended up driving to Hyde on a minute's notice to take him to their local off-campus doctor - we ended up in the local hospital for further tests - and he was much sicker than Hyde would EVER have known, because THEY DIDN'T READ HIS HISTORY or COULD NOT FIND IT. I was appalled, and this incident started to turn the tide against HYDE for us as a family.





I just thought that if they can't even take care of him medically, how on earth can they take care of his learing issues.





I don't know how many of you know that there is no doctor on the Hyde campus and there are absolutely no medical professionals on campus to help a myriad of kids with a myriad of issues.





But one tragic moment sticks in my mind - and will stick in my mind forever........and should make ANY prospective parent think twice about Hyde and its abilitiy to deal with an emergency....





A father of a Hyde-Woodstock boy collapsed outside the gym last Spring - Hyde had no doctor to help him, Hyde had no defribilator to help, Hyde eventually called a local ambulance. The father died where he fell. Hyde THEN had NO help for the many kids who witnessed this tragedy.....Hyde again had no plan...........





And they seem to have truly NO plan for much of anything, but the constant hype to solicit the almighty $$$$ at every possible gathering.





Shame on Joe Gauld - and shame on his pathetic family followers and other wierd followers.......





I have never been in such a negative atmosphere - smiles and "good stuff" is put down. Truly sad....


"




Bumppiddy bump bump. :wave: "

My sentiments exactly. Hyde does not have skilled staff on hand for education or emergencies.  Hyde does not take care of kids physically when problems arise.  I saw this first hand when someone was injured in a fight. Not only were the parents not notified, but the kid was put on 2-4 the next morning even though he suffered a concussion!

Programs like Hyde NEED to be regulated for the very reasons stated above. We can all make a difference by participating in the petition found online at myspace/cafferty.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote

On 2006-07-04 11:21:00, Anonymous wrote:


"
Quote


On 2005-12-17 11:15:00, Anonymous wrote:



"I found the below post on another thread.  I feel it is worth repeating because it is so on point!  I do not know how wrote this, but he/she covers the most important problems at Hyde.  This does not mean Hyde does not work for some, but please note, this is pretty much what you get when you attend Hyde................................................................................................











 I sincerely appreciated your thoughtful message. Your concern about Hyde students responding on this site with perhaps inflammatory words is probably just age-appropriate, but may also truly reflect their frustration in being so very suppressed 24/7 and living in a fear-oriented atmosphere....this is just my gut reaction. This gives them a venue to vent without being (hopefully) put on 2/4.







I learned of this site recently from parents of a wonderful young man who spent two years at Hyde - He did NOT want to be a senior at Hyde - he was tired of it all, and was extremely frustrated that he was constantly being pulled out of academic classes to act as a "senior Proctor" for the kids on 2/4 when the school could not find enough available seniors.







He is happy with his transtion - but Hyde put his parents through absolute hell and agony when they chose to withdraw him - recommendations and school reports and all that stuff that is required to transfer ANYWHERE were just incredibly difficult to get.........Hyde didn't want to lose this student, but they did.







They also lost my son after just one year - My husband and I were totally "on board" with Hyde and totally committed to availing us of all opportunities...........participated fully and honestly at Family Weekends and FLCs. But it started to become apparent that we, too, were living in an atmosphere of fear and "Big Brother is Watching You" - There were often many HAPA parents strolling around with flat affect on their faces and "snooping" into people's private conversations, etc. - It was just so eery - My husband and I have made some really wonderful friends at Hyde - but our bond has been the genuine laughter we shared when we were allowed "off campus" for a meal during these weekends.







But backing up a bit - our son went to Hyde with our blessing for a few reasons. He is learning disabled, has two genetic brain anomalies which impact his auditory processsing and his word retrieval abilites. He needs the structure of a "shoe box" and NOT the structure of a "football field" - he was adopted at birth and has waded through immense attachment issues.







We thought the Hyde Message was great - (It turns out that the messenger is 180 degrees opposite...)







In our interview, we were told the following:







1. There were many adopted children at Hyde - and they were about to launch special programs for these adopted children with huge issues.







2. We were encouraged to sign our son up to participate in the "LEAD Program" - a nightly special ed study hall/classroom where their individual needs would be addressed - for this, we paid an additional 2/3,000 dollars each semester.







FACT-







Yes, there are many, many adopted children at Hyde - they never started any sort of help program - and when asked, they were dismissive - child's problems had nothing to do with adoption - we should just reach further into ourselves to ascertain that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" - In an FLC seminar, I mentioned that for our son, adopted at birth, the apple fell from a different tree in another orchard.........I got the evil stare from the facilitator - a divorcee and recovered (recovering?? - as are many...) alcoholic - she chewed me out literally after the seminar broke...







LEAD Program - we paid extra thousands of dollars so our son could get the extra academic help that he truly needs. Turns out that the LEAD program has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, to do with helping kids with learning disabilities. It is just a mandatory study hall - staffed by whomever might be available - there was absolutely no help given to individual students - according to our son, whom we have chosen to listen to, most of the time was spent by the "proctor" critiquing, criticising and demeaning the kids.







I spoke to a few of my son's teachers periodically about his progress. Bear in my mind, it can be VERY, VERY difficult to reach a teacher - you might wait DAYS for a return phone call - not always, but often enough.







I was just blown away by one of my son's teachers - who, after several questions from me, finally admitted that her "teaching credentials" included ONLY studying a foreign language in HIGH SCHOOL and then spending a few weeks in Europe!!!! She had no certification at all!!







The other issue which transcends all of the above is the lack of adequate medical staff. I have talked to many, many parents at Hyde. Some of their children have huge medical/psychological issues. And Hyde has a nurse and nursing staff who basically distribute meds.........period!!







When my son was ill last Winter at Hyde, I was phoned to be advised that he would be taken to a local doctor. I asked for his symptons - was told what they were - and then I asked if they had read his medical history - They had NOT - My son had a life-threatening disease when he was 3/5 years old - it impacts ALL medical intervention for him - they couldn't find his records - I ended up driving to Hyde on a minute's notice to take him to their local off-campus doctor - we ended up in the local hospital for further tests - and he was much sicker than Hyde would EVER have known, because THEY DIDN'T READ HIS HISTORY or COULD NOT FIND IT. I was appalled, and this incident started to turn the tide against HYDE for us as a family.







I just thought that if they can't even take care of him medically, how on earth can they take care of his learing issues.







I don't know how many of you know that there is no doctor on the Hyde campus and there are absolutely no medical professionals on campus to help a myriad of kids with a myriad of issues.







But one tragic moment sticks in my mind - and will stick in my mind forever........and should make ANY prospective parent think twice about Hyde and its abilitiy to deal with an emergency....







A father of a Hyde-Woodstock boy collapsed outside the gym last Spring - Hyde had no doctor to help him, Hyde had no defribilator to help, Hyde eventually called a local ambulance. The father died where he fell. Hyde THEN had NO help for the many kids who witnessed this tragedy.....Hyde again had no plan...........







And they seem to have truly NO plan for much of anything, but the constant hype to solicit the almighty $$$$ at every possible gathering.







Shame on Joe Gauld - and shame on his pathetic family followers and other wierd followers.......







I have never been in such a negative atmosphere - smiles and "good stuff" is put down. Truly sad....



"







Bumppiddy bump bump. :wave: "


My sentiments exactly. Hyde does not have skilled staff on hand for education or emergencies.  Hyde does not take care of kids physically when problems arise.  I saw this first hand when someone was injured in a fight. Not only were the parents not notified, but the kid was put on 2-4 the next morning even though he suffered a concussion!



Programs like Hyde NEED to be regulated for the very reasons stated above. We can all make a difference by participating in the petition found online at myspace/cafferty.


Thank you very much for your informative, detailed comments about your experience at Hyde.  I found this information very helpful.  The overall picture I get is that Hyde can be a very destructive environment.  It  doesn't seem worth the risk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Quote from Joe Gauld
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2006, 10:01:39 AM »
The following is from a letter Joe Gauld wrote.  Is he kidding that Hyde School may well be one of the best known secondary schools in America?  How funny to still see this mans arrogance after all these years. That 60 minutes show was aired years ago before the negative word got out about Hyde!  Good try Joe!!

2. We now have approximately 25,000+ students, parents, and teachers who
experienced a Hyde education at one of our five Hyde Schools, excluding 5,000+
at Hyde-related schools. It is conceivable that 30,000,000+ Americans have seen
Hyde on national TV shows, such as CBS?s 60 Minutes. Hyde may well be one of
the best known secondary schools in America!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Quote from Joe Gauld
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The following is from a letter Joe Gauld wrote.  Is he kidding that Hyde School may well be one of the best known secondary schools in America?  How funny to still see this mans arrogance after all these years. That 60 minutes show was aired years ago before the negative word got out about Hyde!  Good try Joe!!

2. We now have approximately 25,000+ students, parents, and teachers who
experienced a Hyde education at one of our five Hyde Schools, excluding 5,000+
at Hyde-related schools. It is conceivable that 30,000,000+ Americans have seen
Hyde on national TV shows, such as CBS?s 60 Minutes. Hyde may well be one of
the best known secondary schools in America!


This would be comical if it weren't so tragic.  This is yet another example of Hyde's delusional thinking about how it is perceived and about the school's influence in U.S. education.  Rarely do I encounter anyone who has ever heard of Hyde, even though it often comes up in conversation ("So, where does your kid go to school?").  Yes, Hyde has enrolled a fair number of students since its creation.  And . . . an extraordinary percentage of those students leave the school before graduation.  What's the total number of Hyde graduates?  How many of those students actually graduated from college?  

Does Joe Gauld really believe that Hyde is one of the best known secondary schools in America?  Good grief.  Not even close.   In fact, Hyde is better known for its inferior education, controversial program, scandals, and high drop-out rate than for anything positive.  Hyde survives for one main reason:  There are lots of desperate parents out there who haven't had the opportunity to discover other schools that are so much more impressive than Hyde.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2006, 12:54:32 PM »
I think Joe Gauld is loosing some of his marbles!  Only a dilusional person would make a statement like that!  Take your millions and retire old man.  Maybe you can improve on your golf game cause you sure aren't doing anything to help kids in America.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Quote from Joe Gauld
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2006, 03:38:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Guest""
The following is from a letter Joe Gauld wrote.  Is he kidding that Hyde School may well be one of the best known secondary schools in America?  How funny to still see this mans arrogance after all these years. That 60 minutes show was aired years ago before the negative word got out about Hyde!  Good try Joe!!

2. We now have approximately 25,000+ students, parents, and teachers who
experienced a Hyde education at one of our five Hyde Schools, excluding 5,000+
at Hyde-related schools. It is conceivable that 30,000,000+ Americans have seen
Hyde on national TV shows, such as CBS?s 60 Minutes. Hyde may well be one of
the best known secondary schools in America!

This would be comical if it weren't so tragic.  This is yet another example of Hyde's delusional thinking about how it is perceived and about the school's influence in U.S. education.  Rarely do I encounter anyone who has ever heard of Hyde, even though it often comes up in conversation ("So, where does your kid go to school?").  Yes, Hyde has enrolled a fair number of students since its creation.  And . . . an extraordinary percentage of those students leave the school before graduation.  What's the total number of Hyde graduates?  How many of those students actually graduated from college?  

Does Joe Gauld really believe that Hyde is one of the best known secondary schools in America?  Good grief.  Not even close.   In fact, Hyde is better known for its inferior education, controversial program, scandals, and high drop-out rate than for anything positive.  Hyde survives for one main reason:  There are lots of desperate parents out there who haven't had the opportunity to discover other schools that are so much more impressive than Hyde.


Yesterday my wife and I got a call from another family that left Hyde because of their profound disappointment with the quality of the school.  Like us they realized that going to Hyde was a terrible mistake.  Yesterday that family was having lunch with another couple that had heard about Hyde and wanted some feedback about whether it would be a good placement for their son..  Suffice it to say that by the end of the conversation the family was talked out of Hyde.  The other former Hyde family called us to get names of other schools.  

This letter from Joe Gauld is more evidence of the fancy public relations game that Hyde loves to play.  Behind the scenes, of course, there are many families like ours that sees Hyde for what it is and were wise enough to leave.  I'm glad we managed to warn another family that almost made the mistake of getting in the Gauld grip.  Our child is so much better off away from Hyde.  Thank goodness we got out when we did.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Quote from Joe Gauld
« Reply #251 on: August 07, 2006, 06:22:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Guest""
The following is from a letter Joe Gauld wrote.  Is he kidding that Hyde School may well be one of the best known secondary schools in America?  How funny to still see this mans arrogance after all these years. That 60 minutes show was aired years ago before the negative word got out about Hyde!  Good try Joe!!

2. We now have approximately 25,000+ students, parents, and teachers who
experienced a Hyde education at one of our five Hyde Schools, excluding 5,000+
at Hyde-related schools. It is conceivable that 30,000,000+ Americans have seen
Hyde on national TV shows, such as CBS?s 60 Minutes. Hyde may well be one of
the best known secondary schools in America!

This would be comical if it weren't so tragic.  This is yet another example of Hyde's delusional thinking about how it is perceived and about the school's influence in U.S. education.  Rarely do I encounter anyone who has ever heard of Hyde, even though it often comes up in conversation ("So, where does your kid go to school?").  Yes, Hyde has enrolled a fair number of students since its creation.  And . . . an extraordinary percentage of those students leave the school before graduation.  What's the total number of Hyde graduates?  How many of those students actually graduated from college?  

Does Joe Gauld really believe that Hyde is one of the best known secondary schools in America?  Good grief.  Not even close.   In fact, Hyde is better known for its inferior education, controversial program, scandals, and high drop-out rate than for anything positive.  Hyde survives for one main reason:  There are lots of desperate parents out there who haven't had the opportunity to discover other schools that are so much more impressive than Hyde.

Yesterday my wife and I got a call from another family that left Hyde because of their profound disappointment with the quality of the school.  Like us they realized that going to Hyde was a terrible mistake.  Yesterday that family was having lunch with another couple that had heard about Hyde and wanted some feedback about whether it would be a good placement for their son..  Suffice it to say that by the end of the conversation the family was talked out of Hyde.  The other former Hyde family called us to get names of other schools.  

This letter from Joe Gauld is more evidence of the fancy public relations game that Hyde loves to play.  Behind the scenes, of course, there are many families like ours that sees Hyde for what it is and were wise enough to leave.  I'm glad we managed to warn another family that almost made the mistake of getting in the Gauld grip.  Our child is so much better off away from Hyde.  Thank goodness we got out when we did.


This weekend I learned about another family that has decided to leave Hyde because they couldn't bear exposing their child to the maltreatment and arrogant behavior of Joe Gauld and several other Hyde staff.  One of the parents described in great detail very specific incidents where Joe G. berated parents and made snide remarks that were devastating and humiliating.  What is it about this kind of conduct that Joe G. and many other Hyde staff don't understand?  Does it not bother them at all that so many parents pick up and leave once they figure out Hyde's modus operandi?  Does it not bother them that many families find their lives turned upside down once they figure out they need to flee Hyde?  The families I've met who get out of there aren't afraid to take a hard look at themselves and confront their issues.  They're not emotional cowards.  What they object to is Hyde's special brand of emotional abuse.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2006, 12:32:48 AM »
Why don't you get these unhappy parents to join this board in order to get the word out?  Those who sit quiet never make a difference in the world!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2006, 12:48:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Why don't you get these unhappy parents to join this board in order to get the word out?  Those who sit quiet never make a difference in the world!


That is why Joe stared hyde.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2006, 05:11:37 PM »
Joe might have started the school for this reason, but unfortunately he got off track somewhere along the way and has lost focus of his own values and moral obligations to kids and families.

I find Hyde to be a toxic place.  There are a handful of families each year who walk away happy, but the percentage is very low.  You will always find someone who gets hooked on a Cult and this is what Hyde is.  Castro has lots of followers in Communist Cuba, but many more want to leave the island.  Same thing for Hyde.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »