Author Topic: Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen  (Read 42873 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School, The Most Truthful Informative Post I have Seen
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »
On 2006-01-21 02:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i went to hyde school where the motto amongst the student is (fake it till you make it) the school is overly cultish and i have to say that i dont know some one who graduated from there who did not regret it. i would like to start a official website showing the obvious flaws of the school and it philosopy if you would like to get involved please email me at ****@*****.com

I hope some of you wil get involved and help fight hyde, i would love to get enough ppl together to get some real publicity possibly evin news coverage. its about time to shut this shame of an intitution down"

"If you build it, they will come."  Remember that phrase in a very famous sports movie?  Start the website and let us know the address of it. I know a lot of people myself who would join in.  This is a good idea in order to warn potential parents and students of the harmful ways at Hyde and also for those harmed by Hyde to be able to get things off their chests.  I look forward to an update from you!  You have the support of many people out there, some who are afraid to come forward on this site, but who monitor it on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »
On 2006-01-21 02:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i went to hyde school where the motto amongst the student is (fake it till you make it) the school is overly cultish and i have to say that i dont know some one who graduated from there who did not regret it. i would like to start a official website showing the obvious flaws of the school and it philosopy if you would like to get involved please email me at ****@*****.com

I hope some of you wil get involved and help fight hyde, i would love to get enough ppl together to get some real publicity possibly evin news coverage. its about time to shut this shame of an intitution down, and close its doors forever the last thing we need in this world is another cult "

When were you at Hyde?  Which campus?  

I fully support your idea of a website that would highlight all the concerns about Hyde that many people have expressed here.  You're right that this information ought to be publicized widely so that parents who are thinking about sending their kids to Hyde have a complete picture of what really happens there.  We were attracted to Hyde because of the all the claims about the school's commitment to values, character, etc.  Although we met a few good people there, it didn't take us long to figure out how abusive some of the staff are, how lame much of the education is, and how the school simply isn't set up to deal with many of the students' problems.  Parents absolutely need to know about all of the big problems at Hyde and what they're setting themselves up for if they go there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »
i was at the woodstock campus four years ago

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »
are any of you ppl postng prior students i would be really intersted in hearing from ppl who also went to hyde

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

On 2006-01-21 23:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"are any of you ppl postng prior students i would be really intersted in hearing from ppl who also went to hyde

"
[/quote

I am a student from Hyde and I still am traumatized by thoughts of the school.  I try not to think about it because it upsets me so much that I wasted two years of my life for something that was a farce!  I don't blame my parents because they too were misled about how the school could help my self esteem!  All that they did was make me feel worse about myself, and try to get me to talk their lingo like a Zombie Cult member.  My parents were demeaned publicity because they are normal members of society without any troubles in their marriage.  One facilitator tried to insist they had a bad marriage even though they couldn't be happier.

Sounds like you might have been there at the same time as me.  Were you in the auditorium when someone stood up and told Mr Grant, (the headmaster) that he was dishonest?  That was the most honest comment I heard in the two years I was at Hyde.

Hyde tried to break me down, but I left instead and ended up becoming very successful in college.  I was one of the few.  Most of the kids who were supposed to graduate with me, either left the school, weren't allowed to graduate, graduated but didn't go to college, or went to college but didn't make it through the first year.  I didn't do well in college because of Hyde, this was IN SPITE of Hyde.  I will never forget the crazy times I experienced there with girls running through the dorm to throw their food up because of bulimia, staff being drunk on the weekends, Mr Gauld acting like a leader of a Cult, Mr Dubinsky the in house pedophile, the kids being able to go off with town locals after AA meetings, and so much more. I got an education all right!  Most kids in my hometown would never believe in a million years that this could happen.

Oh God do I hate going back and remembering those times, but this site is great to get it off of my chest and maybe help save another kid from being shipped there.  I hope you do create the website you mentioned.  Let me know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 05:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-01-21 23:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"are any of you ppl postng prior students i would be really intersted in hearing from ppl who also went to hyde

"

I am a student from Hyde and I still am traumatized by thoughts of the school.  I try not to think about it because it upsets me so much that I wasted two years of my life for something that was a farce!  I don't blame my parents because they too were misled about how the school could help my self esteem!  All that they did was make me feel worse about myself, and try to get me to talk their lingo like a Zombie Cult member.  My parents were demeaned publicity because they are normal members of society without any troubles in their marriage.  One facilitator tried to insist they had a bad marriage even though they couldn't be happier.

Sounds like you might have been there at the same time as me.  Were you in the auditorium when someone stood up and told Mr Grant, (the headmaster) that he was dishonest?  That was the most honest comment I heard in the two years I was at Hyde.

Hyde tried to break me down, but I left instead and ended up becoming very successful in college.  I was one of the few.  Most of the kids who were supposed to graduate with me, either left the school, weren't allowed to graduate, graduated but didn't go to college, or went to college but didn't make it through the first year.  I didn't do well in college because of Hyde, this was IN SPITE of Hyde.  I will never forget the crazy times I experienced there with girls running through the dorm to throw their food up because of bulimia, staff being drunk on the weekends, Mr Gauld acting like a leader of a Cult, Mr Dubinsky the in house pedophile, the kids being able to go off with town locals after AA meetings, and so much more. I got an education all right!  Most kids in my hometown would never believe in a million years that this could happen.

Oh God do I hate going back and remembering those times, but this site is great to get it off of my chest and maybe help save another kid from being shipped there.  I hope you do create the website you mentioned.  Let me know."

It's such a relief to read posts from other people who also had these awful Hyde experiences.  When I read your description I feel like I'm reading many of my own words.  You're absolutely right that Hyde is full of hypocrisy.  I wasn't there for the Grant incident, but I have other stories to report about Hyde students with wild emotional problems that the staff didn't have a clue about how to handle, how Hyde staff openly struggled with their own issues, how the classroom experience was often laughable (it's hard to imagine that some of the staff would be hired at a regular school), etc., etc.  And you're right about the Gauld cult stuff.  If people on the outside could just watch Joe Gauld's REAL behavior and his unbelievable verbal cruelty and arrogance, they'd never send their kid to Hyde.  I too saw parents who had the best of intentions and who were real moral people humiliated in public because they wouldn't buy into the Hyde cult and talk like a Hyde robot.  People who questioned Hyde were often punished (gee, what happened to Hyde's belief in truth over harmony???).  I wasn't there to witness the Hyde teacher who was sexually harassing students, but I've sure heard the stories about how awful this man was and how badly Hyde handled this.  This is the kind of information that needs to get out there about Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »
Iwas there they year before duncan mccrann took over as headmaster. mr grant was my track coach. here are a few names of ppl how were there when i went. jeff curan, kyle moore, jamie megure, bill meleanson, mike lamie, natalie morrow, steve tucker

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 13:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Iwas there they year before duncan mccrann took over as headmaster. mr grant was my track coach. here are a few names of ppl how were there when i went. jeff curan, kyle moore, jamie megure, bill meleanson, mike lamie, natalie morrow, steve tucker"

I remember Steve Tucker.  Nice guy.  What happened to him?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »
he lives in nyc i still talk to him from time to time

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
do you rememer the student teacher who was hoooking up with on of the female students his name was jeff i think or something like that,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 15:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"do you rememer the student teacher who was hoooking up with on of the female students his name was jeff i think or something like that,"
That never happened, nigger.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »
yes i remember when this girl wnt off with anolder man after an AA meeting and came back several days later with a bunch of methodone (synthetic herion)she had procured during her little trip. i also remember having a bunch of my suff stolen out of my back pack when i was on 2/4 and my bag was locked up in deans area (supposedly safe) when i confronted the staff they said it was impossible someone could have stolen my belongings and told me i need to concentrate on my attitude.

i also was on the leadership trip (so they told my parents) to manna island. they sent me there because  
i refused to believe there bullshit, evin after the trip i did not give in to there philosophy.i held tight to my beleifs all through out the year
refusing to assymilate into the hyde cult

i remeber being called out by students who were obviously faking it, and they would confront me about my attitude only minuets after hearing them talk about all the partys and drugs they did over vacation. that place was so hypocritical

does any one remember jd the rastafarian cook who hated the school but needed a job man i spent so many hours talking to that guy during 2/4. he was on of the few great chareters i met there. how about the performing arts director mr edwards (not sure if i got the name right) who left after mccrain reapropriated all the money he had raised for the performing arts departmet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »
yeah it did he was kicked out of the school for it and he used to go to school games afterwards to see her. you must be a real case huh, y would you call someone a nigger over a conversation that has nothing to do with race at all

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 15:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"yeah it did he was kicked out of the school for it and he used to go to school games afterwards to see her. you must be a real case huh, y would you call someone a nigger over a conversation that has nothing to do with race at all

"
Shut the fuck up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 15:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"do you rememer the student teacher who was hoooking up with on of the female students his name was jeff i think or something like that,"

Yes I do remember the Jeff incident.  I think he was an intern and was also doing drugs besides having sex with one of the girls.  I believe he was fired.  Seems like there is way too many incidences like this that happen at Hyde.  Even if they got rid of him, why does this happen so often at Hyde?