Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 9003 times)

Offline ex-prisoner

• View Profile
Recipes
« on: December 13, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
I have like ten cups of oatmeal, five cups worth of apples, plus i have dried cranberries, blueberries and currants. Plus I have chocolate chips, and maple syrup. I bet that this can all be put together in a way that yields something like a Clif bar, which is what I am after.

Does anyone have a good chicken soup recipe?

Anyways, post your favorite recipes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

dragonfly

Recipes
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »
You've got a fine mix that lacks one item: MEAT!
Dried meat(lean as possible) like venison, beef or the Great Buffalo mixed with your list will be the best trail/emergency/tasty snack. Stay away from the chocolate unless you wanna eat it up fast. The right pemmican recipe is cheap and will last a LONG time. nuff said, enjoy. Jason[ This Message was edited by: misbehaver on 2005-12-13 15:17 ]

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »
Mmmm, Pemmican! Dried meat is the only meat I eat, is that weird or what?

Hey, btw there are some nifty recipes on that Nativetech.org site.

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »
+1. I like to make a batch up and pack the "gunk" into round Altoid tins. After the pemmi is literally horked down by my buds, the Altoid tin is refilled and makes a terrific boom-key. "Hi Honey, I'm home! Show me where the fucking cache is or me and Hamduduu are taking a ride".

BTW, there is something better than a lonely bubble bath (to me)...Snorkeling and spearfishing with a beautiful woman in Antigua for a few days. My knife and a bottle of rum comfort thee. Jason

Offline ex-prisoner

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
prions, what is "boom-key"? and what is mild Smoky Mountain chow-chow? whatever it is, it needs its own song so you can sing out "mild Smoky Mountain chow chow" a whole bunch of times and really be satisfied.

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
Alone and Lonely are 2 very diffrent things  :wink:

dragonfly

Recipes
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Recipes
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »
Chicken soup:

Use the carcus after taking out the breasts and other big, easy chunks or just save up backs and other spare parts in the freezer.

Season the bones w/ salt, pepper, garlic, onion, rosemary, sage... what else... any/all of the above and whatever else strikes your fancy. Just not too much of it, ya know? Smear w/ olive oil, put under broiler till brown and pretty. Remove to soup pot and deglaze the oven pan w/ water while piping hot (on the stovetop, if need be). Pour on the water and enough more to just cover the bones. Bring to simmer (not boil, that'll harden the bones so you never get the caragean and other good stuff outa them) let simmer till bones are pretty soft. Take them out. Add in onions, celery, parsnip, carrot... what else.. maybe more garlic, some fat noodles or rice till starch source and veggies are tender. By that time, the bones are cool enough to pick over. Put as much meat as you can back in that pot and ring the dinner bell.

Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
Mustard Gas

Amonia and bleach.  That simple.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
.10 gm heroin

.125 gm cocaine (powder)

Spoon

Lighter

Cotton

Rig (syringe, spike, needle, toy, works, joystick, etc.)

.5 cc Water

Mix heroin, cocaine, and water together in spoon.  Add low heat and gently stir.  Do not overheat.  When heroin has melted into water (cocaine will dissolve instantly on contact with water), drop tiny piece of cotton filter into mix.  Draw mix into syringe through cotton filter.  Remove excess air from syringe.  Find a vein, tie off with tourniquet and inject. Heaven's just a shot away.

dragonfly

Recipes
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »
Take down a deer(rifle, shotgun, handgun, bow, etc). Allow the carcass to cool(ticks and other parasites will detach) and bleed out the animal.
Dress out the animal at least 1/4 mile from camp. Suspend the kill (if possible) and build a small travois. Remove a shoulder or even better a loin and bring to camp. Tired yet?

Dig a Dakota Hole (modified firepit/organic Dutch oven) and start a fire within eyeshot of camp. Wrap meat in aluminum foil and add 1 or 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. Top off with a packet of dried Lipton onion soup and black pepper. Place tightly wrapped Bambi in the Dakota hole (or other expedient firepit) with plenty of coal and a few rocks (not granite or stream stones). Tired now?

Set up shelter at camp and build another fire for many other uses. Sit around and drink Jaeggi and rum and open a big can of beans (depending on how many buds ya gotta feed). Bullshit and make sure the camp perimeter is secure. 3-4 hours later bust out Bambi and enjoy. Crash with a pistol at your side.

Break camp, toss the deer on the travois and go take shower; you'll need one. A bit of work, but it sure is better than a nastyass Quarter Pounder w/cheese. Jason

ETA: take out any trash you brought; scavengers will clean up Bambi's offal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »
The next day find a new camp down river. Set up a good sized fire circle near the water, digging a slight pit in the center. And get a good hot fire going. Spend some time fishing and generally checking out nature. While your there find some nice light colored (Yellow is best) clay, and gather in a bucket or into a pile.

Hopefully you have caught several nice sized fish. Clean fish as usual (leaving the skin on and bones intact, remove the head and inards), and rinse well.

Work your clay into a 1.5in thick flat piece. Prepare the fish w/ garlic/onion/salt/pepper and any known fresh herbs in the area.(Mint is normally everywhere etc) Fill the center of every fish with this mixture. Place fish/eels on the clay and roll into a wrap-around the fish. Seal both ends and the seam that runs the length of the fish, fully incasing a single fish in it's own clay wrapping. Repeat till all fish are wrapped.

By now your fire should have burnt down, and has many good hot coals. Push the fire and coals aside, dig a pit into the remaining ashe deep enough to place all your clay wrapped fish or eel works well also. Cover the clay wraps with more ashe, then hot coals and build your fire back up. Let this cook for 1-4 hours. The clay should turn  pottery-like. Remove wraps from the pit, and let cool for 15 mins. Crack open the pottery wraps as you need them. The skin of your catch will stick to the lining of the wraps and you will be left with only a most flavorful, tender meat. Steamed to perfection.

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
I will not hi-jack this thread any futher than to say it is nice to know that self-reliance and primitive skills are still known to some. Also, you would have not expended nearly the amount of energy I did on that hunt (good), but it would have been quite a hike to find a freshwater fishing hole. In closing, I will say that if I was TRULY in a survival situation, I'd choose a swamp/mangrove environ and my ever present fixed blade knife. Jason