Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 9029 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
HAHAHAAAA!! Thats how it fuckin done right there!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
On 2005-12-17 14:25:00, dragonfly wrote:

"I like my greens cooked as little as possible, this time of year greens are usually tender enough to cook just a few minutes. If you grow them into the winter, and they get frosted, frozen and not totally killed, they get so sweet it'll bring tears to your eyes.

Collards I usually cook the longest.

My favorite is rutabaga greens.

just a 1/4 inch of water in the pan, keep it covered. Put on some balsamic vinegar when they are done. That is the kingdom of heaven for ya. "

I always laugh at people and their crunchy greens Dragonfly  :wink:

Oh speaking of greens, I also cook them all day with potatoes, onions,cabbage, and ham. It all comes out fork tender and yummy.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

dragonfly

Recipes
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
Heroin
spoon
water

Mix together ..heat with lighter..and voila fun for the whole family. :rofl:

a linchpin holds within a means to an end   [ This Message was edited by: linchpin on 2005-12-17 17:48 ]
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Recipes
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
On 2005-12-17 16:11:00, dragonfly wrote:

Mother says when you coook them to kingdom come they get all the vitamins spoiled out of them.

Oh, depends what it is. Kale and collards need a good hard ass kickin'. Cabbage and beets, a bit less. Spinach and lettuce, they're fine raw. My dear old grandma was raised poor. Landed up in the `80s with just what she'd been after all her life; a good, kind and faithful husband, and a few acres w/ a tractor and a little livestock on a state road (to sell the produce from the truck garden). Coming up dirt poor, she learned one way to cook meat; boil the evil out of it.

So, each year, she and the neighbor would take turns slaughtering a yearling and they'd split it down the middle. And, in the summer if we came for a visit, she'd thaw out enough to feed us ten times over then proceed to boil the living hell out of it. Didn't matter what the cut, prime rib, sirloin, tenderloin or what have you. Boiled is better, safer, she didn't, as she so often said, want to drive any of us all the way to the hosptle (she spit here words out, rappid fire, even in leisure, asif she had a shotgun to her head) Good hearted lady, she was. But tough as hell. The old Mama cartoons always reminded me of her.

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
Your Grandma sounds awesome!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »
Oh, darlin, please find a good, inexpensive bistro or lunch counter. Same price, same food quality, far better and more varied company.

On 2005-12-17 14:45:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

"Recipe for those that dont or refuse to cook....including myself.  :rofl:

1. Open frozen dinner box

2. Insert in microwave

3. Set timer

4. Press Start

5. Go do something else

6. Timer goes off

7. Remove covering

8. Eat"

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
--Denis Diderot, French encyclopedist

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
On 2005-12-17 17:47:00, linchpin wrote:

"Heroin

spoon

water

Mix together ..heat with lighter..and voila fun for the whole family. :rofl:

a linchpin holds within a means to an end   [ This Message was edited by: linchpin on 2005-12-17 17:48 ]"
Thats the best thing Ive seen on this board for a while now!!! FUNNY SHIT MAN :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »
On 2005-12-17 19:44:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-12-17 16:11:00, dragonfly wrote:

Mother says when you coook them to kingdom come they get all the vitamins spoiled out of them.

Oh, depends what it is. Kale and collards need a good hard ass kickin'. Cabbage and beets, a bit less. Spinach and lettuce, they're fine raw. My dear old grandma was raised poor. Landed up in the `80s with just what she'd been after all her life; a good, kind and faithful husband, and a few acres w/ a tractor and a little livestock on a state road (to sell the produce from the truck garden). Coming up dirt poor, she learned one way to cook meat; boil the evil out of it.

So, each year, she and the neighbor would take turns slaughtering a yearling and they'd split it down the middle. And, in the summer if we came for a visit, she'd thaw out enough to feed us ten times over then proceed to boil the living hell out of it. Didn't matter what the cut, prime rib, sirloin, tenderloin or what have you. Boiled is better, safer, she didn't, as she so often said, want to drive any of us all the way to the hosptle (she spit here words out, rappid fire, even in leisure, asif she had a shotgun to her head) Good hearted lady, she was. But tough as hell. The old Mama cartoons always reminded me of her.

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"

I had a good laugh reading this. My maternal grandmother used to boil meat too. I was young and just chalked it up to her being old. She's been gone since I was 10 so I really don't know the reasoning behind it.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

dragonfly

Recipes
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Recipes
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »
On 2005-12-18 20:19:00, dragonfly wrote:

"Mexican Breakfast Burritos

Mucho Gasshos

Put chopped onion, green pepper, garlic and mushrooms in skillet with black pepper, and tons of chili powder, cook with oil until veggies are translucent.

add whipped eggs and scramble

when almost done place tortillas over it and cover with a lid to steam the tortillas.

wrap up with salsa and fresh cilantro"

Sounds yummy!  :question: ....then I can nuke it.  :lol:  :lol:
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2005, 01:47:00 AM »
Oh, I love tortias! Wrap any leftovers and scraps, in thoughtful combination, in a tortia and ya can't go wrong. I hate buying them, though! They're so expensive for so little real grain. I have a sack of mesa flour. And it has a recipe that doesn't work for making our own. Anybody got a tip?

We're alchemists in the kitchen. We can make spaces and surfaces heated to any combination of degrees and juggle the chemistry into it. Just please, tell me where we're going wrong? It winds up pretty much like shoe leather w/ sand engrained in it. And it's only corn flour and water. Blond proof, right? Evidently not.
Where are we going wrong?

A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.
http://memory.loc.gov/const/fed/fed_46.html' target='_new'>James Madison, The Federalist No. 46

dragonfly

Recipes
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2005, 01:52:00 AM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Recipes
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2005, 02:13:00 AM »
Oh, I can do workout cooking. And I have a pasta roller, if need be. What are you sayin? Should I let it slake (make it loose and then find a hobby?) or work it hard? Both? Give, man! I like this stuff, it's locally grown and processed (corn being the second to top product from here after beef/dairy) I just have to learn how to use it. What's your secret.

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.

--Joseph Goebbels

dragonfly

Recipes
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »