Author Topic: Diagnosing Hyde: The Gauld Effect  (Read 16336 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Diagnosing Hyde: The Gauld Effect
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »
What the F*** are you talking about.  Hyde DC is an amzing place.  Have you ever been there?!?!?!  The respect and level of these students is awe inspiring.  I'm sick and tired of assholes like you with a personal vendetta, that know NOTHING of what you're talking about!  Go fight to het us out of Iraq or use you energy to help Katrina victms...but if you don't know what you're talking about.  SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »
On 2006-03-30 03:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What the F*** are you talking about.  Hyde DC is an amzing place.  Have you ever been there?!?!?!  The respect and level of these students is awe inspiring.  I'm sick and tired of assholes like you with a personal vendetta, that know NOTHING of what you're talking about!  Go fight to het us out of Iraq or use you energy to help Katrina victms...but if you don't know what you're talking about.  SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!"

word

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »
The respect and level of these students is awe inspiring.

If they can do it, why can't you?  

Your "character building" workshops didn't take hold I guess...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
I didn't go to DC jerk off...
You know what you can do with my charactor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »
It is certainly apparent that DC's language is juvenille. I do believe that this is an open forum for anyone so we must tolerate individuals with limited use of vocabulary.  Now, the first letter wasn't sufficient to qualm the "Gauld Effect" he caused at Hyde DC for this particular incident, so Gauld was goaded into writing another letter.....

Saturday, November 26, 2005 11:02 AM
Dear Hyde-DC Faculty Members;

In my recent email, I wrote ?I am examining how I might have handled the situation more effectively.? After further reflection, I now realize my leadership performance was not only wrong for Hyde-DC, but wrong for me personally as well.

After my heart attack in 2003, I realized I needed to make significant changes in my diet, my exercise pattern, and in some of my attitudes.  The major attitudinal change I faced was in my taking personal responsibility for changes and improvement at Hyde; I realized I needed to trust those in authority to take this responsibility, and that my role was to simply support and sometimes advise their efforts.

This attitudinal change significantly lessened my confrontations with students, parents and teachers, and provided me with a much more rewarding role at Hyde: an advisor whose counsel is respected and often sought.

So why did I revert to the old Joe Gauld at the Wrap Up? I think it was feeling a sense of urgency to support Joanne?s medically weakened leadership in a situation that threatened the overall structure of Hyde-DC.  In retrospect, when Ms. Cooke refused my directive to stop, I should have simply turned the meeting over to Barbara or Jacqueline.  

This explanation is not an excuse.  My leadership performance was wrong, and I apologize to the entire faculty, to Ms. Goubourn and to Barbara and Jacqueline for not so entrusting their leadership. I will learn from my mistake.

I?m sure faculty members realize my apology does not diminish the concerns I expressed in my Thanksgiving email.  

Sincerely Joe

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »
On 2006-03-30 06:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I didn't go to DC jerk off..."

Or apparently any school at all.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »
On 2006-03-30 07:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It is certainly apparent that DC's language is juvenille. I do believe that this is an open forum for anyone so we must tolerate individuals with limited use of vocabulary.  Now, the first letter wasn't sufficient to qualm the "Gauld Effect" he caused at Hyde DC for this particular incident, so Gauld was goaded into writing another letter.....

Saturday, November 26, 2005 11:02 AM

Dear Hyde-DC Faculty Members;

In my recent email, I wrote ?I am examining how I might have handled the situation more effectively.? After further reflection, I now realize my leadership performance was not only wrong for Hyde-DC, but wrong for me personally as well.

After my heart attack in 2003, I realized I needed to make significant changes in my diet, my exercise pattern, and in some of my attitudes.  The major attitudinal change I faced was in my taking personal responsibility for changes and improvement at Hyde; I realized I needed to trust those in authority to take this responsibility, and that my role was to simply support and sometimes advise their efforts.

This attitudinal change significantly lessened my confrontations with students, parents and teachers, and provided me with a much more rewarding role at Hyde: an advisor whose counsel is respected and often sought.

So why did I revert to the old Joe Gauld at the Wrap Up? I think it was feeling a sense of urgency to support Joanne?s medically weakened leadership in a situation that threatened the overall structure of Hyde-DC.  In retrospect, when Ms. Cooke refused my directive to stop, I should have simply turned the meeting over to Barbara or Jacqueline.  

This explanation is not an excuse.  My leadership performance was wrong, and I apologize to the entire faculty, to Ms. Goubourn and to Barbara and Jacqueline for not so entrusting their leadership. I will learn from my mistake.

I?m sure faculty members realize my apology does not diminish the concerns I expressed in my Thanksgiving email.  

Sincerely Joe  

"

He was goaded into the letter writting?  Don't think so.  I sounds like the result of sincere introspection to me.  He is admitting a personal failure. That does not sound like the egomanicle monster you have portraied him as.

My buddy there ( I am guessing based on the style) that used foul language was impassioned at the time. He is aa pretty smart fella, perhaps not always even tempered tho.

You just seem like you have a woody for hyde and joe.  Any time you see some neg you say "Ah HA" proof positive that I was right all along hyde sucks. That does not sound to me like some one that has been trained in any sort of critical or logical thinking profession.

The thing that bothers me is not that you want to have a discussion about hyde good and bad which I would welcome, but you want to give Hyde a black eye, a one man crusade to lower hyde enrollment. A Jehadd if you will in which you are excused from any moral constraints.  You or one of your buddys claimed that Joe thought he was Gods prophet.  Got any back up for that?  No. Because you pulled it out of your ass.  It is a brown stink nuggett lie, but that is OK because it suits your purpose to run hyde down.

Some how you have got internal email. You post it. I would say in this day and age is fair game. But then you lay an interpration on it that is completely biased. He is a guy late in life that is open to the idea that he needs to grow personally. I think that is remarkable.  You make is sound like he has just packed a freight car full of jew bounds for treblina.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

"What the F*** are you talking about.  Hyde DC is an amzing place.  Have you ever been there?!?!?!  The respect and level of these students is awe inspiring.  I'm sick and tired of assholes like you with a personal vendetta, that know NOTHING of what you're talking about!  Go fight to het us out of Iraq or use you energy to help Katrina victms...but if you don't know what you're talking about.  SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!"

Did you learn to speak this way at Hyde?  Does Hyde teach you about anger management?  I think you out to keep your mouth shut before you make Hyde look worse than they already do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »
Thank-you for your well chosen words. It seems that our person, in his hostile written response, unknowingly has gloried Hyde's negative image.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »
On 2006-03-30 09:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Did you learn to speak this way at Hyde?  Does Hyde teach you about anger management?  I think you out to keep your mouth shut before you make Hyde look worse than they already do. "

We only spoke that way when coach was not looking and we had an guy like you in the wrestling room. Most of us learned to swear before we got to hyde. The expression of anger is not tantamount to being  out of control of anger.  Perhaps you should learn to tell the difference.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »
In his letter to the Hyde-DC faculty, Joe takes his behavior and turns it into an issue about the faculty who did not express their disapproval about his behavior directly,  instead of making the issue about his behavior itself. This is classic Joe Gauld. I recall once as a faculty member being blamed for Joe spending too much time on the golf course. The reason we were blamed as a faculty was because we "allowed" him to play too much golf when he was supposed to be working, instead of confronting him about it. No kidding. This took the responsibility away from Joe for his behavior. As though we really had any control over Joe, and as though if we had told him what we thought, he would have listened without turning it into a confrontation about our own attitudes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »
On 2006-03-30 19:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

" In his letter to the Hyde-DC faculty, Joe takes his behavior and turns it into an issue about the faculty who did not express their disapproval about his behavior directly,  instead of making the issue about his behavior itself. This is classic Joe Gauld. I recall once as a faculty member being blamed for Joe spending too much time on the golf course. The reason we were blamed as a faculty was because we "allowed" him to play too much golf when he was supposed to be working, instead of confronting him about it. No kidding. This took the responsibility away from Joe for his behavior. As though we really had any control over Joe, and as though if we had told him what we thought, he would have listened without turning it into a confrontation about our own attitudes."

Hey

Your post is refeshing.  I saw that dynamic when I was at hyde.  You take the issue and turn it back and the fact that you were not willing to devote a ton of energy into a confrontation indicates a charater flaw.  I wonder how much of Joe's methods go back to this childhood and the power politics of a very strict stepfather.
 I don't want to out you, but when were you there?

aka Sumner

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »
On 2006-03-31 03:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

" In his letter to the Hyde-DC faculty, Joe takes his behavior and turns it into an issue about the faculty who did not express their disapproval about his behavior directly,  instead of making the issue about his behavior itself. This is classic Joe Gauld. I recall once as a faculty member being blamed for Joe spending too much time on the golf course. The reason we were blamed as a faculty was because we "allowed" him to play too much golf when he was supposed to be working, instead of confronting him about it. No kidding. This took the responsibility away from Joe for his behavior. As though we really had any control over Joe, and as though if we had told him what we thought, he would have listened without turning it into a confrontation about our own attitudes."

Hey

Your post is refeshing.  I saw that dynamic when I was at hyde.  You take the issue and turn it back and the fact that you were not willing to devote a ton of energy into a confrontation indicates a charater flaw.  I wonder how much of Joe's methods go back to this childhood and the power politics of a very strict stepfather.

aka Sumner"

In spite of someone saying that Joe does not think he is above all, his letters indicate the opposite.  
When our family was at Hyde he sent out a letter reprimanding parents for trying to be involved in a way which he did not find acceptable.  He stated that Hyde knows best what is right for your child, and that if we didn't accept this then maybe we should find another school.  He equated it with looking for another doctor if you aren't happy with the one you have. This letter shocked all of the parents at this time.  It was so incredibly arrogant and sounded more like a Cult than a school.

Although Hyde has some very good elements, it is frightening to my family the hold that the school seems to have on it's followers as well as the scary attitudes of the Administrators and faculty. Please don't kill the messenger.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »
On 2006-03-31 07:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Hey

aka Sumner"

In spite of someone saying that Joe does not think he is above all, his letters indicate the opposite.  

When our family was at Hyde he sent out a letter reprimanding parents for trying to be involved in a way which he did not find acceptable.  He stated that Hyde knows best what is right for your child, and that if we didn't accept this then maybe we should find another school.  He equated it with looking for another doctor if you aren't happy with the one you have. This letter shocked all of the parents at this time.  It was so incredibly arrogant and sounded more like a Cult than a school.

Although Hyde has some very good elements, it is frightening to my family the hold that the school seems to have on it's followers as well as the scary attitudes of the Administrators and faculty. Please don't kill the messenger."

It dosn't don't sound like a cult. It sound like a guy that is saying, "look I have been doing this for 40 years, I know what I am doing.  I am offering you my expertice.  If you don't want it leave"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2006, 04:19:00 AM »
On 2006-04-01 14:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-03-31 07:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Hey

aka Sumner"

Although Hyde has some very good elements, it is frightening to my family the hold that the school seems to have on it's followers as well as the scary attitudes of the Administrators and faculty. Please don't kill the messenger."

It dosn't don't sound like a cult. It sound like a guy that is saying, "look I have been doing this for 40 years, I know what I am doing.  I am offering you my expertice.  If you don't want it leave"  

"

Forty years of experience and what does Hyde have to show for it?  How many successes and how many failures?  If there are so many success stories coming out of Hyde the last forty years, why haven't we heard about it?  Where are all the alumni?  There should be ten or twenty times the amount that exist.  I am sorry, but I just don't see the success rate at Hyde that some of you talk about. Joe Gauld might have forty years experience in teaching, but I am not so sure he has found the "magic bullet."  If I am wrong I apologize, but I sure would like to see all these successes rather than the handful that are bragged about!