Author Topic: Manchurian Candidate  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« on: December 05, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
I watched the last half or so of this movie last night.  I came in on the middle of it by accident and I have to say it clicked something in me.  Almost like I became somewhat paranoid and terrified.  The part where they tell the one guy to kill the other officer, and he just walks over and chokes him with the one guy sitting there watching.  It disturbed the hell out of me.  

I restrained kids or watched them be restrained simply because I was told to.  For no other reason than I was commanded to do so.  I watched kids get clobbered with a blank look on my face and no hope of ever thinking that it was wrong or that I should stop it.  

For the first time last night I think I finally broke through a small part of me that never truly allowed me to see the awfulness of what it is we saw/did in there.  I almost threw up afterwards.  I feel like throwing up now just writing about it. After watching it I felt these wheels turning in my brain that have been long dormant.  Scared the hell out of me.

I am beginning to wonder if I have blocked out more than I orginally suspected.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Troubled Turd

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »
Yew will pay fer yer sins!!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »
Yeah Carmel I remember things I did and the way I treated newcomers. It was not the right way to be to a fellow human, but I did it anyway.  This was part of the shame and self-loathing I carried with me post-seed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »
On 2005-12-05 09:39:00, GregFL wrote:

"Yeah Carmel I remember things I did and the way I treated newcomers. It was not the right way to be to a fellow human, but I did it anyway.  This was part of the shame and self-loathing I carried with me post-seed.

"

You speak in past tense but your still a self loathing piece of shit. ::both::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »
The Manchurian Candidate (2004)

In this remake of the 1962 political thriller, Capt. Bennett Marco (Denzel Washington) and Sgt. Raymond Shaw (Liev Schreiber) are taken captive during the first Persian Gulf War and brainwashed so that they're programmed to rebel once they return home. Ten years later, as Shaw's mother (Meryl Streep) is busy helping her son in his bid for the presidency, Marco recalls the brainwashing.

Can he get to Shaw before it's too late?

-------------------------------

The Manchurian Candidate (1962)  

Some thrillers remain as suspenseful -- and timely -- as when they were first released. Raymond Shaw (Laurence Harvey) is a Korean War hero with a lethal secret: He's been brainwashed into being a sleeper agent for the communist Chinese. With one phone call, the Reds can transform Shaw into a deadly assassin -- unless fellow veteran Bennett Marco (Frank Sinatra) can stop them first!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
A while back I heard on PBS that the workers
in the NAZI concentration camps who had families
at home lead a duality life.

After initially being shocked at what they had
to do, or die. They quickly became focused on
surviving and protecting their families.

Then normality set in. Going to work, processing
and killing Jews, then going home and spending
normal time with their families.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
On 2005-12-05 09:02:00, Carmel wrote:

"I watched the last half or so of this movie last night.  I came in on the middle of it by accident and I have to say it clicked something in me.  Almost like I became somewhat paranoid and terrified.  The part where they tell the one guy to kill the other officer, and he just walks over and chokes him with the one guy sitting there watching.  It disturbed the hell out of me.  

I restrained kids or watched them be restrained simply because I was told to.  For no other reason than I was commanded to do so.  I watched kids get clobbered with a blank look on my face and no hope of ever thinking that it was wrong or that I should stop it.  

For the first time last night I think I finally broke through a small part of me that never truly allowed me to see the awfulness of what it is we saw/did in there.  I almost threw up afterwards.  I feel like throwing up now just writing about it. After watching it I felt these wheels turning in my brain that have been long dormant.  Scared the hell out of me.

I am beginning to wonder if I have blocked out more than I orginally suspected. "

oh god, more bullshit from you. "everything relates to Straight". Like everyone else says, "get a life".

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »
Yeah youre right....thats EXACTLY what I said Anon.

Jackass

:roll:
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manchurian Candidate
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
On 2005-12-06 06:50:00, Carmel wrote:

"Yeah youre right....thats EXACTLY what I said Anon.

Jackass

:roll: "

you're damm right Pro Straightling.