Author Topic: Spring Creek Lodge  (Read 260923 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »
A lot of these parents (not all) are throwing away their kids and paying the tuition as guilt money so they feel like they've tried one final time to make their kid into the compliant little "credit to their parents and community" that they envisioned when baby was in the cradle.

They're control freaks, and when their kids grow up into individuals with minds of their own, the parents can't control who their grown child is, he doesn't look like the picture they saw on the side of the box when they ordered him from the catalog, so they just send him back.

Yeah, they're genuinely concerned for their child---they're concerned that he's not turning out like the picture they had in their head when they decided to have a kid.  He's not like the picture in the catalog, let's throw money at somebody to fix him, and when that doesn't work, let's just throw him away and cut our losses.

Damned defective product, can't even get our money back.  What a rip-off.  Of course we don't feel guilty for pitching it in the trash.  What a disappointing waste of time and money!

These people are un-fucking-believable.

Julie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »
:grin:
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »
On 2006-01-05 14:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"A lot of these parents (not all) are throwing away their kids and paying the tuition as guilt money so they feel like they've tried one final time to make their kid into the compliant little "credit to their parents and community" that they envisioned when baby was in the cradle.

These people are un-fucking-believable.

Julie"

You nailed it!  I do believe somewhere in this thread, the words "trying to give him one last chance at a decent life",or something very close to that, were used.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »
God, how bitter it is to hear, years after the fact from some well intended family friend "Well, I never did agree with that, but I just minded my own business. Sorry, kid!"

You know how many times I had to hear that??? Atleast from 10 different people who were close to my parents, countless others that were mere aquantances. I wanted to strangle the 10 that I know could've gotten into my folks mind. Instead they just let me rot in there from the ages of 12-16 till I took matters into my own hands, and ran away by going out of an upper floor window on a vacuum cord. I can't tell you how burnt the palms of my hands got by not being able to grip it, and afterwards for a week I couldn't open my hands. Ouch!

Then for reasons I know (my relationship with the owner of the school), they didn't bother to look for me. They initially ran after me, but I'm talking after that. I was now out of their hair. That following year was a great time......well kind of........I did a lot of drinking, a lot of screwing, and experminted for the first time with drugs. I look back on that year, and I think how disgusting it all was, but I went from being totally controlled, to nobody controlling me whatsoever.

I have a feeling because Alex's parents have chosen to send him away, that since he will be turning 18 very soon anyway, that he could do the same as I did. There is something about not having a choice, and getting sent away to be abused (by people who " LOVE " you)that gets you extremely angry, confused, and causes you to do things that you have no clue why the hell you're doing them????

His parents need to have their parental license stripped from them. They should've just stuck with the goldfish.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »
Ya know, there is another side to this for the parents; something a bit deeper. I'll try to state plainly what I and others have, I think, pawed at here.

These parents (these in particular, maybe, certainly a good many in the industry) seem to be irrationally afraid of the world at large. My dad never did enjoy the Program. He thought Art Barker was a pompous ass, refered to him as "The Professional Alcoholic" and such. Certainly didn't enjoy taking direction and personal questions from some 16yo punk who was on staff at the time.

BUT (big but) he believed, as a lot of WWII era fathers believed, that one toke off a joint would set us all on an inexorable path to junkiedome and joining the Manson Family and hacking up our families.

Of course, that wasn't true then and it isn't true now. But he believed it enough and loved us enough to eat shit on a regular basis for 10 years. What changed his mind? I, the youngest, came of age, escaped the influence of the program and failed to fail. Not that my life was exemplary. I struggled, financially, socially... every way imaginable. But I still managed to feed and cloth my daughter, pay my bills and not turn into this evil junkie monster he'd been afraid of. So we got on fine after we sorted that out a year or two after the Program.

My mom, on the other hand, she LOVED the Program. She still believes, to this day that since I split the program and never have gone back, that I must be a junkie by now. I must be just very good at hiding it, you see. But the Program said it, she believes it, that settles it.

I certainly hope Alex's parents come around. The world is, as Julie says, no better or worse than it was in our day. These kids are just as highly evolved and well equipped to deal with it as they ever were. And these hucksters who promise the wonder cure for the non-existant problem are just that, hucksters and snake oil salesmen. Like most con men, they buy into their own bullshit more than anybody else does. But just cause they believe what they're selling doesn't make it true. Who ya gonna believe, anyway, the Program salesman or your own lyin eyes?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

--Buddha

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #380 on: January 05, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »
QUOTE:  
Let's imagine you are back at home as a child. Your parents seem relatively nice, and everyone is well-behaived. But there is an underlying tension, and fear among the family members. Why? Because your dad decided to build a dog house in the backyard and throw you kids in there for at least 3 days straight with extremely limited food and water for not following his idea of what a family should be. You get locked up in that cage. You cry out for more food and water and a blanket and it only makes it worse, now your father refuses your medication and threatens to keep you in there longer. Well, you finally learn you have no options and sit in your dog house for 3 days straight and finally emerge dishoveled, scared, but strangely grateful for your father letting you out. You hug him for being nice and letting him out, and always follow the rules from then on, because in the back of your mind you know what is out in the backyard waiting if you don't. END QUOTE:

What is this supposed to describe? It sure as hell isn't scl, and you know it. No one ever refused you food, water, or medication. No one ever held you in the "hobbit" unless you were continually escalated.  Again, you are citing things as comparison that are completely irrelevant and non-applicable.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #381 on: January 05, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »
On 2006-01-05 14:52:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

You know how many times I had to hear that??? Atleast from 10 different people who were close to my parents, countless others that were mere aquantances. I wanted to strangle the 10 that I know could've gotten into my folks mind.

Yeah, that's one reason why I lost track of almost everyone I ever knew. It took me some years to get to a point where I didn't want to kick their teeth in. By then, well, years had passed and kids had grown and we'd all made new friends.

Wish I had THAT to do over again!

By 1940 the literacy figure for all states stood at 96 percent for whites. Eighty percent for blacks. Notice for all the disadvantages blacks labored under, four of five were still literate. Six decades later, at the end of the 20th century, the National Adult Literacy Survey and the National Assessment of Educational Progress say 40 percent of blacks and 17 percent of whites can't read at all. Put another way, black illiteracy doubled, white illiteracy quadrupled, despite the fact that we spend three or four times as much real money on schooling as we did 60 years ago.
--Vin Suprynowicz

Offline WWFSMD

• View Profile
    • http://www.venganza.org/
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #382 on: January 05, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
On 2006-01-05 15:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

What is this supposed to describe? It sure as hell isn't scl, and you know it. No one ever refused you food, water, or medication. No one ever held you in the "hobbit" unless you were continually escalated.  Again, you are citing things as comparison that are completely irrelevant and non-applicable.

What could possibly be any kind of a justification to keep anyone, let alone a child locked up in this?????????

Impiety: Your irreverence toward my deity.
--Ambrose Bierce

bey your Noodly Master

Emancipate from mental slavery

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #383 on: January 05, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »
On 2006-01-05 15:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What is this supposed to describe? It sure as hell isn't scl, and you know it. No one ever refused you food, water, or medication. No one ever held you in the "hobbit" unless you were continually escalated.  Again, you are citing things as comparison that are completely irrelevant and non-applicable."

You are a fucking liar.  EXACTLY this scenario was played out over and over at your beloved "program."

SCL has been proven to be abusive and your bullshit denials aren't going to change that.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #384 on: January 05, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »

No one ever held you in the "hobbit" unless you were continually escalated.

"

In the U.S., we have a law mandating that interventions occur in the Least Restrictive Environment.  This means that if you do escalate and then deescalate five minutes later, you are entitled to be let out of a restraint and/or restrictive environment.  WWASP facilities clearly violate this law on a daily basis by mandating a certain number of hours or days in captive, secluded environments long after the behavior has occured.  Furthermore, the only reason to restrict someone is if they are a dangerous threat to themselves or someone else.  Kids should not be secluded in a locked room because they disrespect staff, get high after not receiving treatment for their addictions, or whatever other rule they may break.  This is illegal.  A few people have said this abuse has bonded them or made them stronger in some twisted way, almost like a fraternity hazing.  The big difference is that these kids are not choosing this environment and can't cry "uncle" when it gets too painful to bear.  

If the children do make new, positive choices, it's basically useless because they aren't permitted to have an impact on their environment.  Your comment about the hobbit is assinine.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »
:nworthy:

Arms in the hands of citizens [may] be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense...
-- John Adams, (1788)

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #386 on: January 05, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »
I had some charges pending when I was sent away.  "My" lawyer made a deal with prosecutors that I would stay at least a year at the place.  It is a better deal for prosecutors to be able to drop it, and it saves taxes.  They love the idea of the parents paying for the incarceration.

On 2006-01-04 19:24:00, Antigen wrote:

"No, Helena. That was not the parent. That was someone else answering to

I'm just wondering why they don't get the court's attention for forcing this kid to violate the law by being out of jurisdiction. They are legally responsible for this kid. If he were to bust a ball thru someone's window, the parents would be liable. Why aren't the parents liable for his absence to answer for the charges?

Sounds like the court knows, but the court is alright with it just so long as he's in "treatment" and not out giving friends lifts around town.

This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

http://www.aidoann.com/guncontrol.html' target='_new'>Adolph Hitler

"
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #387 on: January 05, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
Phew!  That was a lot to read for one day!  Ginger, I am glad to hear the outcome of your daughter's ordeal was a good one.  It's encouraging, because I have a 6-year-old girl and I think sometimes, "What WILL I do if things get bad?"  And that situation I would consider REAL BAD.  You just make yourself available for support and PRAY (if you're the prayin' type).  Anyway, I commend you for your strength in that situation.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
Well, this is Ashley.  I'm sick of hiding behind an anonymous mask all throughout this forum, and what the hell, my pictures are already all over it anyways.  Antigen is right, quit hiding and/or pretending to be several people on one computer.

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ridetheduckshlee
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #389 on: January 05, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
On 2006-01-05 19:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Well, this is Ashley.  I'm sick of hiding behind an anonymous mask all throughout this forum, and what the hell, my pictures are already all over it anyways.  Antigen is right, quit hiding and/or pretending to be several people on one computer."

Sorry, I didn't log in...
prung my boyfriend from Spring Creek

Anti-WWASPS : Help stop abduction and child abuse in the United States