Author Topic: Spring Creek Lodge  (Read 269801 times)

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1275 on: May 01, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »
On 2006-05-01 07:23:00, CaughtInTheMiddle wrote:

"It is I the Bad Aunt that posted that. Sorry if you don't like my post. I am very proud of Alex. I also believe he will be successes full in time with some speed bumps in his path. The point of the post was that your mom may not see all the signs if things may start to happen again. Look how long you kept the wool over her eyes it took me telling her. It said NOTHING AGAINST ALEX. Nice how you put a twist on it. He would be successful living at home also. It may even be easier for him. It is not you and your household that is helping or pushing him in that direction.

Alex I know you read this. Call if you would like to talk about this post. I will be talking to you soon. I have my feelings love ya! Fun Cop"

I suppose it must be hard to admit that he could possibly do well without mommy and daddy breathing down his neck.  So you have to cast doubt on whether he is really doing well, and how long it is going to last.  Maybe you people were just wrong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1276 on: May 01, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »
or maybe not.  time will only tell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1277 on: May 01, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »
He is in a better place than SCL.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1278 on: May 01, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »
On 2006-05-01 16:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"He is in a better place than SCL."

Now THAT we can all agree on.  

In my opinion, the program scares families and even the teens into believing that they need several more years of parenting.  They also recommend that parenting be delivered as an invasive, harsh, threatening, cold dictatorship.  Alex is almost 18.  He's an adult, and he's acting like one.

Offline Shlee

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ridetheduckshlee
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1279 on: May 02, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »
On 2006-05-01 07:23:00, CaughtInTheMiddle wrote:

"It is I the Bad Aunt that posted that. Sorry if you don't like my post. I am very proud of Alex. I also believe he will be successes full in time with some speed bumps in his path. The point of the post was that your mom may not see all the signs if things may start to happen again. Look how long you kept the wool over her eyes it took me telling her. It said NOTHING AGAINST ALEX. Nice how you put a twist on it. He would be successful living at home also. It may even be easier for him. It is not you and your household that is helping or pushing him in that direction.

Alex I know you read this. Call if you would like to talk about this post. I will be talking to you soon. I have my feelings love ya! Fun Cop"

I'm sorry, I try to steer clear of arguements on this site, and if what I say starts one then, oh well.  I will tell you right now, I had my mother fooled for probably a whole 6 months.  Now, how long did Alex have his parents and family, including you, fooled?  I seem to remember the word YEARS in the time frame somewhere...
  And don't say that I'm bashing Alex or his family, or anyone for that matter.  I just happen to be stating a fact.  I'm quite tired of you trying to make it out like we brainwash Alex into everything he says or does.  Remember, he is almost an ADULT.  Free to make his own choices.  I don't understand how none of you can accept that.
prung my boyfriend from Spring Creek

Anti-WWASPS : Help stop abduction and child abuse in the United States

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1280 on: May 02, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »
Maybe somebody already asked this question???? But, does Alex appreciate the fact that many of us wrote letters to the judge that helped in getting him released from SCL, or would he rather have just stayed there?

Just wondering............
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1281 on: May 02, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »
why?  R U feeling unappreciated?  Need a pat on the back?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1282 on: May 03, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »
I would like some info on the current status of Spring creek lodge... there is nothing about academics on their web site....are there any academics to speak of?  Are the teachers credentialed in any way?  Do they still use isolation as a "consequence"? Do they really have adoption groups?  who runs them?  Is there a syllabus or format to them? Anyone know the actual cost per month?
One of my students was sent there by his parents.  the dad informed me he was specifically looking at out of state placements were the laws were less strict and state supervision was not enforced.  This is the same dad who told me that he had to use "physical force" on his adopted son for "looking mean" at the mom.  (Knowing these two I would have done more than look mean!)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1283 on: May 03, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
woops, my bad...the kid is at Cross Creek in Utah.  Since it's web site is bootcamp2, I can only imagine how horrendous it is...but I do need info on this hell hole, hopefully before Friday, May 5th.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1284 on: May 03, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »
If you start a new thread it might get noticed more.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1285 on: May 03, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
On 2006-05-02 19:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"why?  R U feeling unappreciated?  Need a pat on the back?"

That's right! Puhleese!!! You're an idiot! Umm......it's been over a month, I was just curious.

I feel like you are comparing me to my grandparents who get their feathers ruffled if I don't write them a thank you note within a weeks time of my b-day/christmas check!

Not at all, I wanted to know if he was touched by the fact so many fought for his release. or if he would have been happier just left alone.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1286 on: May 03, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
One of my students was sent there by his parents. the dad informed me he was specifically looking at out of state placements were the laws were less strict and state supervision was not enforced. This is the same dad who told me that he had to use "physical force" on his adopted son for "looking mean" at the mom.

You know, I'd like to be shocked or outraged at this, but I just can't be because it's all too common and I just can't be angry that many hours in a day.  I have not the energy.

It is this type of Bozo parent who fills the the system with adopted kids because they got a case of "buyers remorse."  They're not a pair of slacks that can be returned because you don't like them when you get them home for chrissakes.

Until these children are no longer objectified and have constitutional rights and an intellectual solution is applied to an intellectual problem, these shitholes will be crammed full because of morons like this father.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline CaughtInTheMiddle

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1287 on: May 03, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

I'm sorry, I try to steer clear of arguements on this site, and if what I say starts one then, oh well.

You started one with this forum and the childish demented lie about Alex trying to jump over a bridge to be able to talk to you. Then your mother makes something up about you dreaming about it. OMG even my 3 year old could have come up with something better then that. This from an ADULT see not all ADULTS are the smartest people. At some point in time don't you think you should just admit when you have lied. Oh I see it is ok for you but not anybody else. It is ok for you to put shit about his family all over the net but if something is said to you then you are owed an apology  ::puke:: ask Alex about that he will know and you probably know what I am talking about.

I will tell you right now, I had my mother fooled for probably a whole 6 months.  Now, how long did Alex have his parents and family, including you, fooled?  I seem to remember the word YEARS in the time frame somewhere...

Please Ashley I am not that easy. This is the last you will hear from me on this site. 6 months is all you will admit to because that is what you had to fess up to because of getting caught. We all make mistakes remember first part is admitting them. Not only the portion you wont.
If I didn't tell your mother she would have not known unless Alex told her how horrible would that have been for him. Nice girlfriend you are. I am sure you would have told her so he didn't have to. Easy to say now. Now I wish I didn't.

And don't say that I'm bashing Alex or his family, or anyone for that matter.  I just happen to be stating a fact.  I'm quite tired of you trying to make it out like we brainwash Alex into everything he says or does.  Remember, he is almost an ADULT.  Free to make his own choices.  I don't understand how none of you can accept that."

The Fact... why? because you say they are. Whatever you say. Your getting tired? It isn't all about you Ashley look around there are more people involved. So when Alex is an ADULT is he moving out? You act like when he turns 18 it is going to be some big deal or something like all of a sudden he will have a great job a house make enough money to marry you and start a ADULT life. It doesn't quit work that way dear. He could do everything he is doing there at his parents house also where he should be. By the
way he is doing it. HIM not you. I am proud of HIM. What ever decision he makes I owe HIM accountable for even if HE chooses to take his advise from YOU. He is his own person.
 [ This Message was edited by: CaughtInTheMiddle on 2006-05-03 17:05 ]

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1288 on: May 03, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »
Oh my god, can somebody please erect a ring so we can have a boxing match?!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #1289 on: May 03, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »
Good lord!  What if Ashley and Alex get married one day and have kids?  Families, and that includes potential families, can't take back some things.  Caught in the Middle, I really think you should just refrain from any contact at all if you can't be civil to the 17 year old who is trying to find her way in this world.  She fought for a cause and someone she cared about.  At 17, I wish I had been that committed to something.  I really admire this girl.  You are the adult.  It is not fair that Ashley put herself out there and is now being dissected online for the world to see, she deserves a little more respect than that.  And if she ends up being your niece one day and the mother of Alex's kids, you are going to wish you'd bitten your tongue.  You're writing in all caps and slamming her like some kind of preteen gathering her friends into a circle so everyone can watch them cuss each other out while they "oooh" and "aaah".

Ashley, you didn't deserve any of that.  You also shouldn't have to see your mom bashed, either.  Remember, people, this girl is mature but she's still a teen in high school.  Let's have some standard for decency.