Author Topic: Hicks  (Read 974 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hicks
« on: December 01, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
My English skills were drastically reduced with the combo of a quality WWASP education and constant exposure to hicks.  Anybody else want to share some choice phrases/behaviors they remember from our fine bunch of minimum wage jailers?

-"clear down" or "clear over there":  down the only highway leading out of LaVerkin; I don't have the capacity to say if something is left or right, nor the capacity to estimate distance, or my parents were cousins so I'm just an idiot

-getting a "Frost-Top":  hellooooo, the store was Frost Top, the drink was called a milkshake

-Their complete lack of ability to have an intellectual conversation about current events, politics, culture, etc.  My parents, and many of ours, were educated, so we probably took it for granted that they valued our intellectual development and had the educational capacity to engage in discussions with us.

-Hypocritical behaviors:  Fear of caffeine in coffee, but full-blown addictions to caffeinated sodas

-Not knowing/understanding what sexual orientation is.  If you ain't straight, you just ain't right.

Maybe I'll thnk of more later. Let's all share some warm fuzzy memories that reflect the type of person you can buy for minimum wage.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hicks
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
At SCL I remember this one particular hickish family father we had refered to the creek as a 'CRICK'. It really annoyed me. There was a bunch of words they used I had never heard before. More than anything, that stupid, blank stare they had is what made me laugh. Kind of like, the lights are on, but nobody is home. They also talked a lot about killing elk and eating it. I guess there's not much to do out in Montana... besides brainwash and fuck with kids all day, for $4 an hour.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hicks
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
LaVerkin was next to a town called "Hurricane", but they all called it "Hurr-uh-cuhn".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hicks
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
Bay-sed on rizults , haw is datta mirr o yer lyfe?