Author Topic: ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???  (Read 15746 times)

Offline screann

• View Profile
ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »
On 2005-12-07 08:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
Yes I agree Bipolar is tough to crack, RTC isnt the best place for them unless they have the expertise or therapy to go along with the Behavior mod. Do your home work and see if you can talk to some parents who have sent their kids there with bipolar, worth a shot

I hope you are not seriously considering placing a Bipolar teen, or any teen with a serious mental condition in an RTC or Behavior Mod. Ever. I have done my homework, and if you'd like to help your child, this is the last place you'd want them. Trust me."
I second that one. DONT DO IT. :scared:  :scared:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »
I would ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend sending a bipolar child to a "behavior modification boarding school".
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline screann

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 06:22:00, bandit1978 wrote:

"I would ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend sending a bipolar child to a "behavior modification boarding school".
"
:tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
I repeat - how the fuck does a RTC treat anything, and what DOES it treat, if anything?

Time's fun when you're having flies.
--Kermit the Frog

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline screann

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 10:00:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"I repeat - how the fuck does a RTC treat anything, and what DOES it treat, if anything?

--Kermit the Frog

"
RTCs dont treat anything its all about the money.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 10:42:00, screann wrote:

"

"I repeat - how the fuck does a RTC treat anything, and what DOES it treat, if anything?

--Kermit the Frog

"

RTCs dont treat anything its all about the money."
Like anything else, some kids do well others dont.  They are definitely not for everyone, like Bipolar etc. there are problems that kids are having that cant be solved by RTC, like some posters where saying earlier.  If you talk to kids who have been thru one you get a better sense as to what they do.  Some are angry and hurt that their family put them there and may gain little or no personal growth, others  really excel before and after graduation.
Some people on previous posts mentioned that a child?s perspective can change as much as 5 years after graduation, so the kids who are angry initially may come around to see that the school was a benefit later on when they feel more settled with there lives and vice versa I guess.  If you visit a few web sites you can see how each school differs and what they offer, most are very expensive (not for the budget minded).
Hope that helped.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 11:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

--Kermit the Frog

"

Like anything else, some kids do well others dont.  They are definitely not for everyone, like Bipolar etc. there are problems that kids are having that cant be solved by RTC, like some posters where saying earlier.  If you talk to kids who have been thru one you get a better sense as to what they do.  Some are angry and hurt that their family put them there and may gain little or no personal growth, others  really excel before and after graduation.

Some people on previous posts mentioned that a child?s perspective can change as much as 5 years after graduation, so the kids who are angry initially may come around to see that the school was a benefit later on when they feel more settled with there lives and vice versa I guess.  If you visit a few web sites you can see how each school differs and what they offer, most are very expensive (not for the budget minded).

Hope that helped.

"

Why is it if tha someone asks a direct, simple, straight question, the only answer anyone gets except "it doesnt" is a bunch of vague bullshit that does everything but answer the question we asked?

HOW DOES IT DO ANYTHING? Whether or not the child chooses to play along or resist, how does it work? What does it do? How does it do it? Why are they kept in captivity and tortured until they go along with it?

Why is the only thing I've been able to get out of anyone simply saying that they way it works is coersing them into repeating what theyre told, doing as told, and participating in humiliating, traumatic mindgames, and punishing misbehavior or simple nonparticipation with being painfully restrained with submission holds and/or sat on, being confined to a room and/or placed in bondage, sometimes without being able to relieve themself, or being subject to extremes of hot or cold without adequate clothing, having food withheld, and being watched every second of the day, including while bathing, relieving themselves, or while they sleep to prevent them from talking to eachother or masturbating?

Do you have ANY answers or is the only thing you do throw a crossword puzzle of red herrings and dodge the question by trying to confuse everything by talking about 15 things nobody brought up?

No laws, however stringent, can make the idle industrious, the thriftless provident, or the drunken sober
--Samuel Stiles

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
The only thing it does is get the problem child out of the parents face. So the parent can pretend they are ok and lay blame soley on their child. What parents don't realize is it only makes the real problem even worse, but that doesn't matter because they are looking for a quick fix that they themselves do not have to endure.

Parents say what you want- ie**Oh but we had to drive to meetings...**WTF cares, you go/went to those meetings for the weekly pat on the back from other parents/staff, telling you; *You're ok and justified for giving up on your kid. And in turn you do the same for the other parents. That is just sick to me.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 11:56:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"

"

"

--Kermit the Frog

"

Hope that helped.

"

Why is it if tha someone asks a direct, simple, straight question, the only answer anyone gets except "it doesnt" is a bunch of vague bullshit that does everything but answer the question we asked?

HOW DOES IT DO ANYTHING? Whether or not the child chooses to play along or resist, how does it work? What does it do? How does it do it? Why are they kept in captivity and tortured until they go along with it?

Why is the only thing I've been able to get out of anyone simply saying that they way it works is coersing them into repeating what theyre told, doing as told, and participating in humiliating, traumatic mindgames, and punishing misbehavior or simple nonparticipation with being painfully restrained with submission holds and/or sat on, being confined to a room and/or placed in bondage, sometimes without being able to relieve themself, or being subject to extremes of hot or cold without adequate clothing, having food withheld, and being watched every second of the day, including while bathing, relieving themselves, or while they sleep to prevent them from talking to eachother or masturbating?

Do you have ANY answers or is the only thing you do throw a crossword puzzle of red herrings and dodge the question by trying to confuse everything by talking about 15 things nobody brought up?

No laws, however stringent, can make the idle industrious, the thriftless provident, or the drunken sober
--Samuel Stiles

"
I can tell you have a hard time communicating with people or getting them to listen to you, lots of anger.  Sorry just pointing you towards the answers you were looking for.  You have to do a little work yourselves to find the answers, I have done my research, but I find people need to see for themselves.  Talk to the graduates!!!!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 13:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

"

--Kermit the Frog

"

Hope that helped.

"

--Samuel Stiles

"

Sorry just pointing you towards the answers you were looking for.  You have to do a little work yourselves to find the answers, I have done my research, but I find people need to see for themselves.  Talk to the graduates!!!!"

Ah, youre fun. Lets break this down:

1. I can tell you have a hard time communicating with people or getting them to listen to you, lots of anger.

Red herring. Youre not a liscensed therapist, so you cant make that determination. Thats also an ad-hominem attack.

2. You have to do a little work yourselves to find the answers, I have done my research, but I find people need to see for themselves.

I have checked. I have researched. Ive created a 40+ page thread asking about this. What I have found is they do not do therapy, instead the people who support it dodge the question or attack the people asking the questions while what really goes on is little more than a regime of control and regression via humiliation and unpleasantness through being watched every second of every day, mind games in the form of raps, seminars, or some other sort of confrontational bullshit, and severe "structure" (more like arbirtrary bullshit to keep you on your toes) that is met with swift, extreme punishment if you break any of those rules which usually consists of painful restraint in the form of submission holds, being locked in isolation, losing food, etc.

So, I do have the answer, I just like to ask it to people who do everything they can to avoid actually addressing it. I have seen the answers for myself.

3. Talk to the graduates!!!!

Ive talked to several. They all say its bullshit in various different ways, ranging from being merely ineffective to utterly abusive.

Is that ALL you have?

Can ANYONE answer the question without trying to dodge, give me the catch of the day in red herring form or attack me... or muddle and confuse everything by answering 15 questions nobody asked?

:rofl: you're pathetic.

Ardent advocates of prohibition were obsessed by a zeal that bordered on fanaticism. They supported politicians who voted to outlaw liquor, no matter how much of it they privately consumed, and spurned politicians who voted against prohibition, no matter how sober they were personally.
http://www.ncpoliticalreview.com/1101/Ervin/cohen.htm' target='_new'>Sen. Sam Ervin, Preserving The Constitution

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 14:04:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"

On 2005-12-09 13:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

"

--Kermit the Frog

"

Hope that helped.

"

--Samuel Stiles

"

Sorry just pointing you towards the answers you were looking for.  You have to do a little work yourselves to find the answers, I have done my research, but I find people need to see for themselves.  Talk to the graduates!!!!"

Ah, youre fun. Lets break this down:

1. I can tell you have a hard time communicating with people or getting them to listen to you, lots of anger.

Red herring. Youre not a liscensed therapist, so you cant make that determination. Thats also an ad-hominem attack.

2. You have to do a little work yourselves to find the answers, I have done my research, but I find people need to see for themselves.

I have checked. I have researched. Ive created a 40+ page thread asking about this. What I have found is they do not do therapy, instead the people who support it dodge the question or attack the people asking the questions while what really goes on is little more than a regime of control and regression via humiliation and unpleasantness through being watched every second of every day, mind games in the form of raps, seminars, or some other sort of confrontational bullshit, and severe "structure" (more like arbirtrary bullshit to keep you on your toes) that is met with swift, extreme punishment if you break any of those rules which usually consists of painful restraint in the form of submission holds, being locked in isolation, losing food, etc.

So, I do have the answer, I just like to ask it to people who do everything they can to avoid actually addressing it. I have seen the answers for myself.

3. Talk to the graduates!!!!

Ive talked to several. They all say its bullshit in various different ways, ranging from being merely ineffective to utterly abusive.

Is that ALL you have?

Can ANYONE answer the question without trying to dodge, give me the catch of the day in red herring form or attack me... or muddle and confuse everything by answering 15 questions nobody asked?

:rofl: you're pathetic.

Ardent advocates of prohibition were obsessed by a zeal that bordered on fanaticism. They supported politicians who voted to outlaw liquor, no matter how much of it they privately consumed, and spurned politicians who voted against prohibition, no matter how sober they were personally.
http://www.ncpoliticalreview.com/1101/Ervin/cohen.htm' target='_new'>Sen. Sam Ervin, Preserving The Constitution

"

You seem to like to bully people, calm communication works best for me.
I dont think the number of pages is any true indication of expertise, one would have to consider font size single or double space and the big question where there pictures?  I am sorry not very professional, but I couldnt resist.  Size isnt everything.

No not a therapist, not even close.  Know several parents and children who have attended various programs.  They all did well except one we dont know about who just left for New York and will not talk to his family, (He may be doing the best !!) His family life was, to say it nicely, challenging.
Yes I have given birth to some kids myself which puts me in the category of evil from the get-go for some on this forum.  Someday a few a you will forget your condom and join the dark side and everyone here will hate you.

To answer your question (as I see it) RTCs can be a haven for kids who are not thriving at home, who may lack structure in their lives, who have a tough time with their peers, family authority.  They try to provide a safe place for the child to grow and overcome any inner obstacles.  Sometimes the family is the problem and just removing them from that environment is enough to get the kid back on track with his life, school work personal growth etc.
The word "treatment", not sure, maybe treating the kid to a better life.  or maybe like "Taco Bell" I understand the Taco part but whats up with the bell?  Maybe it just sounds better.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »
***You seem to like to bully people, calm communication works best for me.

Niles, you really must learn to disguise your bulling in calm communication. You know bullying/ confrontation is not acceptable in the real world, only in programs. People in the civilized world expect respect.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
I'd like to suggest that you look into Del Amo in Southern California. It's near your home - they allow and encourage visitation. They have both an inpatient and outpatient program.
Provo Canyon would be a disappointment for you. They also discourage parent/child contact for the first few months. We had a terrible experience there with our child. Best wishes to you. Here's the link.
https://www.delamotreatment.com/indexnew.html

All religions have been made by men.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »
You seem to like to bully people, calm communication works best for me.
I dont think the number of pages is any true indication of expertise, one would have to consider font size single or double space and the big question where there pictures? I am sorry not very professional, but I couldnt resist. Size isnt everything.

No not a therapist, not even close. Know several parents and children who have attended various programs. They all did well except one we dont know about who just left for New York and will not talk to his family, (He may be doing the best !!) His family life was, to say it nicely, challenging.
Yes I have given birth to some kids myself which puts me in the category of evil from the get-go for some on this forum. Someday a few a you will forget your condom and join the dark side and everyone here will hate you.

To answer your question (as I see it) RTCs can be a haven for kids who are not thriving at home, who may lack structure in their lives, who have a tough time with their peers, family authority. They try to provide a safe place for the child to grow and overcome any inner obstacles. Sometimes the family is the problem and just removing them from that environment is enough to get the kid back on track with his life, school work personal growth etc.
The word "treatment", not sure, maybe treating the kid to a better life. or maybe like "Taco Bell" I understand the Taco part but whats up with the bell? Maybe it just sounds better.

You accuse me of bullying in a post that didnt have attacks against anyone, and then try to thinly veil insults against me, and then say utter bullshit about how we hate parents?  :wstupid:

Never underestimate the power of the status quo...America's schools are part of government, subject to public whim and will.  By and large, we have the kind of schools that people want. While they acknowledge the need for improvement, in other people's schools, most American are reasonably content with their own.
--Former public school superintendent Ronald J. Perry, 1992.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 17:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

***You seem to like to bully people, calm communication works best for me.

Niles, you really must learn to disguise your bulling in calm communication. You know bullying/ confrontation is not acceptable in the real world, only in programs. People in the civilized world expect respect.

"

How did I bully anyone in my last post that was accused of being bullying?

Also, why dont these programs respect the children in them? Recriprocation is something I expect and they should expect it too. "Golden Rule" mean anything to ya?

"When did I realize it? Well, one day I was praying and suddenly realized I was talking to myself."
--God